Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 08:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RiceP
Thanks that helps I am going to run outdoor dirt track not roar and all my lipos are 6500mah 150c maxamps and 5000mah 90c Orion just didn't know if that was over kill for this car I would assume I can get damn good run time with these I get 12 min main in 4x4 sc with ease so maybe going down in mah to lighten car might not be a bad idea or what do u run as far as mah.

shorty packs. thunder power 3800mah shorty and revtech 4500mah shorty
Old 06-06-2013, 08:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cripplethreat
could someone tell me if I buy the 4x1 mm tapered piston or is it better to the dual ones? at 9 or 15 a set i don't really want to buy them more than once. Also, Could someone tell me what the stock gearing is on the RTR kit? Is it 81/29?
either or is fine to be honest. i run dual taper, but the tapers were fine too. also u might wanna pick up metric bits below if you dont have a 1.2 or 1.3mm drill bit. 1.3x4 front and rear is a common piston size used by people at my track and in many of the setups posted. you will wanna hand drill those 1mm holes out with the bit of your choice.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ston-Drill-Set

Last edited by glenng; 06-06-2013 at 11:30 PM. Reason: add link
Old 06-06-2013, 11:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glenng
either or is fine to be honest. i run dual taper, but the tapers were fine too. also u might wanna pick up metric bits below if you dont have a 1.2 or 1.3mm drill bit. 1.3x4 front and rear is a common piston size used by people at my track and in many of the setups posted. you will wanna hand drill those 1mm holes out with the bit of your choice.
weird thing we talked a last weekend.

losi stock setup is 1.3x4, and AE stock setup is 1.6x2.
Both are pretty good, pretty much everyone is using that for the longest time.
Then during this year's reedy off road ROC, Dustin Evans approved and all losi drivers went to get AE 1.6x2 pistons.
My friend told me last weekend that, AE drivers are all talking and switching to 1.3x4 pistons.

For me, both are pretty much the same, I got pretty fine steady pace in my local track, barely any lap time change either.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

If anyone is looking for a great buggy I am selling my 210.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...yosho-rb6.html
Old 06-07-2013, 05:37 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I just started building my DEX210 last night. I have it built up to the start of the transmission. So far the build has gone perfectly so far with no real hang ups. I really slowed down some when doing the steering knuckles and caster block assembly to make sure I have all setup correctly. Its nice with all those changes you can make but its also I see very easy to get something wrong to so I paid special attention to those areas so far. Tranny is up next so I will make sure I take my time building the diff and getting everything in correctly.

Only thing that was minor is I have the Durango rear aluminum hubs and the toe in inserts fit super tight so I doubt I will be changing those out too much. Plus the ball stud is a little long so until I get ones with shorter threads I will either cut mine down a little or will keep 2mm of spacers under the ball stud which is what I might want to do. Need to see what the difference between the plastic rear hub vs the new aluminum ones I have.

I did put on the STRC new front 4mm graphite front shock tower and aluminum camber link mounts. Very nice and a perfect fit. Will AC the graphite tonight just to give it an even nicer look and to keep from splintering.

Still not sure on what oils, pistons and springs I want to run yet but will figure that out tonight.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Nice! You might not need it but watch this before building the diff.

http://www.team-durango.com/in-the-p...rticle_id=4771
Old 06-07-2013, 06:08 AM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
I just started building my DEX210 last night. I have it built up to the start of the transmission. So far the build has gone perfectly so far with no real hang ups. I really slowed down some when doing the steering knuckles and caster block assembly to make sure I have all setup correctly. Its nice with all those changes you can make but its also I see very easy to get something wrong to so I paid special attention to those areas so far. Tranny is up next so I will make sure I take my time building the diff and getting everything in correctly.

Only thing that was minor is I have the Durango rear aluminum hubs and the toe in inserts fit super tight so I doubt I will be changing those out too much. Plus the ball stud is a little long so until I get ones with shorter threads I will either cut mine down a little or will keep 2mm of spacers under the ball stud which is what I might want to do. Need to see what the difference between the plastic rear hub vs the new aluminum ones I have.

I did put on the STRC new front 4mm graphite front shock tower and aluminum camber link mounts. Very nice and a perfect fit. Will AC the graphite tonight just to give it an even nicer look and to keep from splintering.

Still not sure on what oils, pistons and springs I want to run yet but will figure that out tonight.
4mm of spacers under the ballstud give the same height as the plastic piece, for heights under 3mm you'll need to cut down the ballstud
Old 06-07-2013, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Put some laps on the rdrp +11 chassis lastnight (carpet).
Car lost a bit of steering (as expected) compaired to the dimec soft +8 but was MUCH smoother. Jumping was very level and the car soaked up landings with less rear bounce then I had with the previous chassis.
Lap timing system was not on so I can't tell if the car was any faster...but it felt much easier to drive. I was also able to run into entry deeper without it traction rolling..This may be do to loosing some steering or the extra weight of the aluminum chassis...Will work on setup this weekend to try and gain back some mid rotation. Was on the fence with this chassis (I don't have deep pockets)...very glad I purchased it.

Wanted to add that I broke a rear shock (dented a body) and tossed on my b4.2 set. If the 4.2 shocks were a bit longer they would be a viable option for this car.. There is enough clearance to push through a metric bolt through the bottom ball socket..Up top you need to use the AE standoff/bolt and a 2mm spacer. The shocks worked very good and the car cornered like it was on rails...If I had more droop I would assume it would have jumped better.
Might work good with a lowered shock tower.

Last edited by j.d.roost; 06-07-2013 at 06:58 AM.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Looking for some motor-esc advice.

Just grabbed the DEX210 RTR and ran it at WCRC in La Mirada. Not impressed with the Speed Passions RTR setup. Looking for more speed and punch.
Running 2cell 5000mah 40c Lipos and would like to keep up with the other guys.

Also looking for a different body then the cab forward one that came with it. Bought the DEX210 kit body and it does not fit since its a different chassis.
Any advice?

Cheers
Old 06-07-2013, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bellvis

Just grabbed the DEX210 RTR and ran it at WCRC in La Mirada. Not impressed with the Speed Passions RTR setup. Looking for more speed and punch.

Also looking for a different body then the cab forward one that came with it. Bought the DEX210 kit body and it does not fit since its a different chassis.
Any advice?

Cheers
Gonna need a bigger boat.

Any idea what the other guys were running? I don't think you can add timing to that speedo so upgrade might be your only option.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I recently picked-up a pair of TD vented slipper disks. Upon installation, I think the groove to seat the top shaft pin in is machined too deep. I cannot get the slipper to tighten. I think it's the groove because if I shift the roll pin so it does not seat in the groove I can get it to tighten properly.

Has anyone ran into this issue? I am going to email support for replacement, but I thought I'd ask in case it's operator error.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Heavy B
I recently picked-up a pair of TD vented slipper disks. Upon installation, I think the groove to seat the top shaft pin in is machined too deep. I cannot get the slipper to tighten. I think it's the groove because if I shift the roll pin so it does not seat in the groove I can get it to tighten properly.

Has anyone ran into this issue? I am going to email support for replacement, but I thought I'd ask in case it's operator error.
I had the issue where it wouldn't tighten down and it turned out to be slipper spacer wear: http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...perSpacerWear/
Old 06-07-2013, 12:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by shagino
Gonna need a bigger boat.

Any idea what the other guys were running? I don't think you can add timing to that speedo so upgrade might be your only option.
Not sure what the other guys were running.
I was the only DEX210 practicing with AE B4s and Losi 22s.

I want to upgrade both ESC and Motor, just not sure what to get. I really only know about crawlers.

Don't plan on doing any actual racing, just practicing on the non-race days.

Cheers
Old 06-07-2013, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Not sure what the other guys were running.
I was the only DEX210 practicing with AE B4s and Losi 22s.

I want to upgrade both ESC and Motor, just not sure what to get. I really only know about crawlers.

Don't plan on doing any actual racing, just practicing on the non-race days.

Cheers
I run a viper vtx10r w/ the viper 17.5 and love it.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Any advice?

Cheers
You can change the timing on the Speed Passion Cirtix ESC that it comes with. Just have to buy the program card.

http://www.speedpassion.net/uploadfi...ay27th2010.pdf

http://www.speedpassion.net/eu/produ...PESCPB01&c=OPT

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Programing-Box

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.