Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 09:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Khador12
Did anyone else notice the bigger gear cover on Jorn's car?
Avid slipper
Old 03-15-2013, 11:25 PM
P6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Anyone have any tips for storing springs I noticed that my old light blue springs that I haven't used on my buggy almost since I've had it have almost no paint left after I ran my finger across them a couple times , kinda made me worry if its td I have losi springs and the coating on them is fine and they have seen a lot more use by me I do the matinence and I go a while without going to the track so I tear down about half the time when I'm bored so they were clean and dry and kept at 65-70*
Old 03-16-2013, 03:36 AM
Tech Regular

interesting, mid motor on dirt
Old 03-16-2013, 03:45 AM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

sugar treated track, super high grip
Old 03-16-2013, 04:29 AM
Tech Regular

maybe the new mid motor buggys has a good chance go good with mid motor on loose tracks?
Old 03-16-2013, 07:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I run in a stock buggy class (17.5 blinky). The track I run is small with a lot of turns. It's also blue groove clay in door track. I'm looking for a good set up for my buggy. All the ones I have seen are for mod class and they are running 8.5's with a 81 spur and 23 or 24 pinion gears and stuff. Would anyone know a good set up I could run? Not just looking for gear setup but the whole chassis set up.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:06 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ekt
sugar treated track, super high grip
Don't forget super high tire wear..
Old 03-16-2013, 08:11 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FL_SilverEvo8
I run in a stock buggy class (17.5 blinky). The track I run is small with a lot of turns. It's also blue groove clay in door track. I'm looking for a good set up for my buggy. All the ones I have seen are for mod class and they are running 8.5's with a 81 spur and 23 or 24 pinion gears and stuff. Would anyone know a good set up I could run? Not just looking for gear setup but the whole chassis set up.
Is this for 17.5? And what chassis? Their is a difference between the stock and the +8..on the gearing I'm at 34/69 and I "think" I should be at 35/69 or 36/69 to get a bit more speed on the straights. I also race on a small, tight indoor track..I do have a few set-ups that work pretty good..but I'm not a "self professed" expert..
Old 03-16-2013, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oasis
Is this for 17.5? And what chassis? Their is a difference between the stock and the +8..on the gearing I'm at 34/69 and I "think" I should be at 35/69 or 36/69 to get a bit more speed on the straights. I also race on a small, tight indoor track..I do have a few set-ups that work pretty good..but I'm not a "self professed" expert..
yes, 17.5.
Don't really have a stright away at the track I race at. Here is where I race. This is one of the Mains I was in. Started in 7th and finished out in 3rd. Not bad huh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=upYxT-TxvEo
Old 03-16-2013, 01:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by P6
Anyone have any tips for storing springs I noticed that my old light blue springs that I haven't used on my buggy almost since I've had it have almost no paint left after I ran my finger across them a couple times , kinda made me worry if its td I have losi springs and the coating on them is fine and they have seen a lot more use by me I do the matinence and I go a while without going to the track so I tear down about half the time when I'm bored so they were clean and dry and kept at 65-70*
I put my springs in small zip lock bags that are almost the size of the springs and I write the compression rate on the bags. I got the bags at hobby lobby.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by P6

i use these nalgene airtight bottles from container store:

http://www.containerstore.com/shop/t...sort_default|0

the one on the far right (the 1 oz. bottle) i use for rear springs, the far left fits front springs (the 0.6 oz bottle). and then I p-touch label the brand of the spring, the color spring and its spring rate.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by knowitall156
Avid slipper
I saw it on travis and carsons car as well. I bet its a Team Durango part, too many custom pieces for avid to deviate from AE and TLR.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:12 AM
Tech Adept

hey guys i want to know if you have any good setups for rm3 for an indoor clay track? right now i am running:

front:
35wt
light blue spring
outer hole arm
middle hole tower
exotek 20g weight

using stick pack in the middle of the car

rear:
30wt
light blue spring
outer hole arm
middle hole tower.

i cannot for the life of me geth this thing to get stable on power and im having troubles on certain corners getting it to turn tight enough it just wants to push around or slide out. thinking about trying the rear shock mounting as stated earlier in this forum but idk. what are your guys setups?
Old 03-17-2013, 10:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sc10pc
hey guys i want to know if you have any good setups for rm3 for an indoor clay track? right now i am running:

front:
35wt
light blue spring
outer hole arm
middle hole tower
exotek 20g weight

rear:
30wt
light blue spring
outer hole arm
middle hole tower.

i cannot for the life of me geth this thing to get stable on power and im having troubles on certain corners getting it to turn tight enough it just wants to push around or slide out. thinking about trying the rear shock mounting as stated earlier in this forum but idk. what are your guys setups?
well if you are pushing, you need more front traction/grip in addition to getting your rear to stick. i'd move pack all the way back. if that doesnt help reaR, then you need a different tire and/or compound. check with the fast guys and see what they got on their cars. with pack all the way back, maybe the 30 gram mass can help more front end grip. i run on clay indoor and use 25 degree caster (zero insert) up front and inline axle setup with 4mm spacing in front of the caster block on the outside of a-arm. it works for me. i get a lotta steering. you never specified piston setup so i got no comment on your shocks setup with the exception of saying its really soft springs you got going on.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sc10pc

front:
35wt
light blue spring
outer hole arm
middle hole tower
exotek 20g weight

rear:
30wt
light blue spring
outer hole arm
middle hole tower.

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...ngoDEX210.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.