Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 02:33 AM
ajj
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silden
Hi Guys, I'm in the marked for my first buggy since 4 years.
I want to know how durable is the DEX210?
What for spare parts I will need to keep the buggy running?

Thank you for your help
I've had mine since they were released and am yet to break a part on it. I lent it out to a friend for our state titles last weekend and he durability tested within an inch of it's life and it still didn't break. And my car is completely stock apart from a CF steering rack and aluminium hexes.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:41 AM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ajj
I've had mine since they were released and am yet to break a part on it. I lent it out to a friend for our state titles last weekend and he durability tested within an inch of it's life and it still didn't break. And my car is completely stock apart from a CF steering rack and aluminium hexes.
If that was durability tested to within an inch of it's life, I'd hate to think what you think mine is put through
Old 02-26-2013, 05:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the big rc
I want to personally thank "singlemike" for sending me a front hub carrier. That was a really nice gesture dude, as you don't even know me. Look for a small gift coming your way.
bigRC-
Glad to help out-Happy racing
Old 02-26-2013, 05:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LoudOne
That is one sweet looking ride! What is the black lining that you put over your wires? Where could I buy some?
Thanks man. It's 1/8 braided wire sleeving. Bought it at Fry's electronics.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:13 PM
P6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

http://www.zzracing.net/index.php?ma...roducts_id=112 looking around found this,,, for those wanting to lighten up these hinge pins, turnbuckles, cf towers, plastic or cf chassis , depending on esc and battery you might need to add a little weight to bring it up to roar minimum
Old 02-26-2013, 06:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LoudOne
That is one sweet looking ride! What is the black lining that you put over your wires? Where could I buy some?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A385A0XNQBW8HY
Old 02-26-2013, 07:47 PM
Tech Adept

Front hub-carriers are back in stock at AMain!
Old 02-26-2013, 08:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

i use the wire mesh for helis I get them through Hobby king.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...esh_Guard.html
Old 02-26-2013, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by singlemike
bigRC-
Glad to help out-Happy racing
Sent you a little care package out today. Let me know when you get it.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey guy's, I got a big endurance race this sunday. I havent had a chance to get my dex210 setup yet. Can you guy's give me a few tips to get me pointed in the right direction? Its a tight indoor carpet track. I just want to be in the ball park when I show up saturday for test and tune. thanks -Chris
Old 02-27-2013, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chrisg23
Hey guy's, I got a big endurance race this sunday. I havent had a chance to get my dex210 setup yet. Can you guy's give me a few tips to get me pointed in the right direction? Its a tight indoor carpet track. I just want to be in the ball park when I show up saturday for test and tune. thanks -Chris
Go to petitrc.com and look at set up sheets. Find a carpet set up and go from there. I don't race on carpet or I would offer more help. Sorry.

Brian
Old 02-27-2013, 08:03 AM
Tech Adept

I finally got my dimdc +8 and shorty pack. I am very surprised at the positive difference that made. Adding an oz of weight on the front is essential, too. It changed things a lot and I really like the way this buggy handles and I can tell it has a lot more potential on the clay track I run on this way compared to the shorter aluminum chassis.

I highly recommend the plastic tub, shorty and weight. Thanks for the advice 210 fellow forumers.

Unfortunately the buggy breaks all the time. I have finished less the 25% of my heats with it compared to 100% in all my other classes including the fragile 1/10 4wd buggy class. I have had more breakage on the 210 than the rest of the field combined so far and I am baffled. Yes, I am not a great driver in this class that is new to me, but I can grendade a shock tower or C-hub just by driving awkwardly through the rhythm section. I have a sandwich bag full of smashed parts on that buggy.

My solution was to buy a losi backup truck for when the dingo goes down.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the big rc
Sent you a little care package out today. Let me know when you get it.
thebigrc.com babe of the month might need to dress a little more warm for her trip to Ohio (or not I guess)

http://www.thebigrc.com/?p=3918
Old 02-27-2013, 08:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro-rob
I finally got my dimdc +8 and shorty pack. I am very surprised at the positive difference that made. Adding an oz of weight on the front is essential, too. It changed things a lot and I really like the way this buggy handles and I can tell it has a lot more potential on the clay track I run on this way compared to the shorter aluminum chassis.

I highly recommend the plastic tub, shorty and weight. Thanks for the advice 210 fellow forumers.

Unfortunately the buggy breaks all the time. I have finished less the 25% of my heats with it compared to 100% in all my other classes including the fragile 1/10 4wd buggy class. I have had more breakage on the 210 than the rest of the field combined so far and I am baffled. Yes, I am not a great driver in this class that is new to me, but I can grendade a shock tower or C-hub just by driving awkwardly through the rhythm section. I have a sandwich bag full of smashed parts on that buggy.

Hi,

Are you using the hardest or softest Dimec chassis?
I don`t understand how people are breaking so much parts.. I`m running indoor now with a 5.5t motor on carpet. Sometimes or about 4-8 times each time I race i will loose grip or hit the curb, doing saltos and hitting the wall at almost full speed, but the 210 survives every time. Same story on the outdoor clay track we have. Really like the 210, but I havent found the best setup for it yet. Going to try the hardest Dimec chassis outside this summer.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro-rob

Not trying to blatantly advertise but have you tried one of my carbon towers?
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104735

also try putting grub screws in the holes you are not using in the c-hubs if that's the section that you are breaking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.