Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Durango DEX210 Thread >

Durango DEX210 Thread

Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 06:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Same here dan-o. I built the car running the turnbuckles in and out of the ball cups several times. I did have to take two of the links back off and run them in and out again a few times. Those two were popping off when adjusting camber. But all good now.

Haven't had one pop off yet from a crash. Knock on wood. Probably at least 20 battery packs worth of run time now.

I actually notice the turnbuckles move in/out slightly, but only from rubbing the pipe at full speed or during crashes. But I have the same thing happen in 8th scale sometimes. Just gotta check camber and toe before/after each run.

Hand up. I've always used RPM ballcups on the Associated cars.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flame56mx
There have been many who have had issues with the ball cups, and many who haven't. They require a little more attention than other brands, but understand other cars have uniqueness also. Show of hands--how many b4's owners out there with RPM ballcups? Or 22 owners running AE diff parts, Or etc.... I have the stock ball cups on my car, and also have them on my 410, and they have never been a problem area..
Old 10-02-2012, 07:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Yep they pop off pretty easy now. I will do the in and out on them and report back. Thanks for the help
Old 10-02-2012, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Ive been happy with the hd ball cups. I built them per all the tips, tricks, and instruction i could find. No issue. My issue was the size is unique, and parts are hard to find in these parts... I used AE parts in my 22, and rpm on my B4.1. Not knocking the 210, just commenting on my experience.

I do think the buggy needs some minor refinements:

The steering linkage should be carbon or aluminum out of the box.

Four hole pistons should be included in the kit. (Or at least supply some tooth picks... LOL).

Shock caps and o-rings need to fit better (to keep the o-rings from buldging)

The ball cup plastic should be revised for those with problems. (And there are many)

Other than that the buggy is great!
Old 10-02-2012, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by zipperfoot
Ive been happy with the hd ball cups. I built them per all the tips, tricks, and instruction i could find. No issue. My issue was the size is unique, and parts are hard to find in these parts... I used AE parts in my 22, and rpm on my B4.1. Not knocking the 210, just commenting on my experience.

I do think the buggy needs some minor refinements:

The steering linkage should be carbon or aluminum out of the box.

Four hole pistons should be included in the kit. (Or at least supply some tooth picks... LOL).

Shock caps and o-rings need to fit better (to keep the o-rings from buldging)

The ball cup plastic should be revised for those with problems. (And there are many)

Other than that the buggy is great!
About the shock caps- I use TD 330028 orings from the regular bores. Couple that with a 45° chamfer on the lip of the cap, and there is no bulging and the cap goes all the way down flush to the shock body.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:15 PM
Tech Champion

Agree to the chamfer of the shock caps. Worked like a charm with big bore o-rings. My LHS is still building his supply of Rango parts. So no small bore parts at all.

I think there are now 4 DEX210's running at our track now. So the parts should really roll in now. I'm hoping there's a big order showing up tomorrow. I'm gonna be there first thing to get first dibs. LoL.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Mik G
Yep they pop off pretty easy now. I will do the in and out on them and report back. Thanks for the help
Mik, are you gonna use new ball cups since your current ones might be used up from popping on and off?
Old 10-03-2012, 04:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Heck Air8 I have not needed many parts. Messed up a rear hub when I got lawndarted other then that not broken anything. Been really happy with my buggy.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by air8
Mik, are you gonna use new ball cups since your current ones might be used up from popping on and off?
No air8. 2 quals and 1 main with no pratice time. I hit the pipe same place everytime. The same one poped off everytime. I might replace just the one on that side.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Question:
Have any of guys play with the front spindle positions and trailing locations.
Results?
My current track :hard packed dirt\clay mix very low bite.
Thanks
Old 10-03-2012, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mik G
No air8. 2 quals and 1 main with no pratice time. I hit the pipe same place everytime. The same one poped off everytime. I might replace just the one on that side.
Any time a ballcup pops off it should be replaced - including if it pops during adjustment.

Originally Posted by Crazy Carl
Question:
Results?
Thanks
Running in full trailing will be the smoothest/least aggressive. As you move the axle forward, turn-in will be more aggressive. Also, if you move the axle forward 1mm, you should move the caster block back 1mm to keep the wheelbase the same.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anybody try the new 8+mm chassis for the DEX210? You have to buy the 8mm extra body to but it's only $20 for the body and $50 for both. The bew body looks sick to. Let me know if it adds and durability or better performance or just pm me. Thanks
Old 10-03-2012, 10:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Crazy Carl
Question:
Results?
Thanks
Hey Carl. How have you been? I have experimented with different blocks for trailing to max inline . I have come to like max inline the best along with 4mm behind the castor block . It give the most consistent feel. more trailing kills the steering. I'm running between RCHR or Wolcott .
Old 10-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Tech Champion

Well it's time for diff rebuild for me. Getting to the diff is quite a task. For some reason I didn't realize that when first building. Guess I was too excited to get it completed. LoL. Durango would've earned brownie points to design a quick access tranny case.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

tranny access is one downside of a multi purpose tranny like this one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.