Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zipperfoot
Really sitting on the fence trying to decide whether or not to buy this car. I tried the 22 but never quite got it dialed to my liking. The B4.1 was pretty good out of the box, and really good with some minor mods.

I really like the quality of Durango, and even though my local shops do not stock parts, I can order them online in bulk. Recently I have found most of the local shops carry less and less of the most used parts for the B4 and 22 anyway.

So before I pull the trigger, I read several thousand pages on this thread, and based on your suggestions, I will only need a few minor parts to make the car bullet proof.

What are the most common parts to break and what should I stock up on?
Who's set up should I start out with as a baseline for a medium bite, outdoor dirt and clay track? What about indoor clay?
The buggy is real durable. I def would get the carbon/alum steering plate. Just the std...towers, arms, etc. I have only broke a rear tower since the car first came out. I have a lot of nip that never get touched. Lol.
I have a nice low to med traction outdoor setup listed here. I really like the benefits of RM4 outdoors where grip low to med.
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...603/index.html

There are many other setups you can choose from for specific conditions as well here. http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...ngoDEX210.html
Old 08-16-2012, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default dex 210 part Numbers

Guys,

need your help, can someone direct me to the full DEX 210 Gear diff parts lists Link/site, Im trying to get all these parts from Amain, dont ask why please... and please dont tell me just get the whole set from Tower, reason why is shipping is much cheaper at Amain than in tower... thats the reason.. hahahah...

Im missing this two parts, Highlighted below.

can some one give the link/ part numbers so that i could proceed to order it at amain.

note. E clips is already taken care off.

is the shim on the top most part this one , for the oring washer cover?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...mm-Shim-Set-10

and the lower shims ( gear shims) , is it this one?

and the screws , is it this one?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...x-Screw-Set-10

thanks again guys..

Last edited by slow_jun; 08-16-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slow_jun
Guys,

need your help, can someone direct me to the full DEX 210 Gear diff parts lists Link/site, Im trying to get all these parts from Amain, dont ask why please... and please dont tell me just get the whole set from Tower, reason why is shipping is much cheaper at Amain than in tower... thats the reason.. hahahah...

Im missing this two parts, Highlighted below.

can some one give the link/ part numbers so that i could proceed to order it at amain.

note. E clips is already taken care off.

is the shim on the top most part this one , for the oring washer cover?

and the lower shims ( gear shims) , is it this one?

and the screws , is it this one?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...x-Screw-Set-10

thanks again guys..
You've got them right man.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Jonny5
You've got them right man.
Hi Johnny5

thanks you so much Sir... you dont know how much you helped me... hahaha..

thanks a million...
Old 08-16-2012, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kwiksi
The buggy is real durable. I def would get the carbon/alum steering plate. Just the std...towers, arms, etc. I have only broke a rear tower since the car first came out. I have a lot of nip that never get touched. Lol.
I have a nice low to med traction outdoor setup listed here. I really like the benefits of RM4 outdoors where grip low to med.
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...603/index.html

There are many other setups you can choose from for specific conditions as well here. http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...ngoDEX210.html
Thanks for the help and info! I never had this kind of support with other brands.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (98%+)

Thanks for the help and info! I never had this kind of support with other brands.

And this is why Team Durango will be on top!!
Old 08-16-2012, 08:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thinking about trying the gear diff just for fun. What fluid should I start with for a low to medium out door track? Thanks for all the help.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snaketaco
Thinking about trying the gear diff just for fun. What fluid should I start with for a low to medium out door track? Thanks for all the help.
Ive read a popular choice is to coat the parts with AE black grease.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:09 PM
P6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

anyone try out the revolution designs bass front suspension block yet or how about the exotech rear hubs , the ball stud moved to the next hole over on a really light hit so i was thinking aluminum would be good , and the suspension block is just weight to the front for my aggressive bad driver style and it looks easier to clean than plastic
Old 08-16-2012, 11:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snaketaco
Black grease mate just enough to cover the gears.

Will take about 2 or 3 lipos to loosen up then they are perfect
Old 08-17-2012, 12:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DBL15
Black grease mate just enough to cover the gears.

Will take about 2 or 3 lipos to loosen up then they are perfect
Cool black grease it is. Sounds easy enough. Thanks
Old 08-17-2012, 04:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Your welcome. That's what we're here for.

Originally Posted by Tate72
And this is why Team Durango will be on top!!
Old 08-17-2012, 02:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default diff

I wanted to ask anyone here that has tried the sc10 gear diff in the car for some help. I would be interested to know if you did anything other than just shim it(which is all that I have read)? I am trying to fit a B4.1 diff in my buggy and it seems that the gear is a little smaller in diameter, so assuming the sc10 diff was the same size I was wondering how you dealt with that?

And to answer the question that I know is coming, I am doing it because the outdrives on this car suck! I know some of you don't have problems, but I also know a lot of people that do, and I unfortunately fall into the latter, so I want a solution.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-17-2012, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cspurlock
I wanted to ask anyone here that has tried the sc10 gear diff in the car for some help. I would be interested to know if you did anything other than just shim it(which is all that I have read)? I am trying to fit a B4.1 diff in my buggy and it seems that the gear is a little smaller in diameter, so assuming the sc10 diff was the same size I was wondering how you dealt with that?

And to answer the question that I know is coming, I am doing it because the outdrives on this car suck! I know some of you don't have problems, but I also know a lot of people that do, and I unfortunately fall into the latter, so I want a solution.

Thanks in advance!
I have a B4/SC10 BALL diff in mine, it requires 2 bearings on each side and shrink wrap on the outdrives to take up the slop. I just had it apart changing it from RM4 to RM3 and should have taken pics.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by EvanAZ; 08-17-2012 at 03:08 PM. Reason: ball diff not gear
Old 08-17-2012, 03:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Thanks

Thank you all for the info and help regarding the set-ups and lipo choices. It's almost ready to run! I will let you know how it goes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.