Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 07:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Thanks Jonny5... its just a list to help save me the couple days wait that it would be for backup parts. Just got a new house that's probably a mile from the track/shop so I know I'll be there quite often, haha.

Also, spring choices. Was just gonna get the spring kits from durango for playing with it. DO I need the 45mm/45mm hard/65mm springs? Or all three? or is the 65mm for something different?

Thanks again.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Crawlin
Greatly appreciate the help. I honestly don't feel my driving is good enough to recognize the difference in shock towers. Plus just the $8 vs $60 thing, haha.

Could you explain the 3/3 and 3/2 numbers then? I mean I know what toe is about, just reading the tresrey site is a little hard to understand. Stock is 3* toe and then each one of those kits alters it according to which block you have? Or should I be looking different manufacturer for the blocks?
3/3...3 anti squat/3 deg toe in
2/3...2 anti squat/3 deg toe in
Old 07-30-2012, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Jonny5... its just a list to help save me the couple days wait that it would be for backup parts. Just got a new house that's probably a mile from the track/shop so I know I'll be there quite often, haha.

Also, spring choices. Was just gonna get the spring kits from durango for playing with it. DO I need the 45mm/45mm hard/65mm springs? Or all three? or is the 65mm for something different?

Thanks again.
The 45mm hard are for the 4wd SC. Just need the softer rated 45mm and 65mm set.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

That included servo saver for the RTR car intrigues me the most, never thought the car really needed one with the plastic horn. Will defentiely look forward to trying out the +8 composite chassis even though I'm starting to like the extra weight the aluminum chassis brings, for when I need to make that tight inside move on another buggy and nudge them out of the way .

That sensored speed passion setup looks exacly like the team power setups that have become very popular at my local track, very fast esc just that fan makes your car sound like a vacuum.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

For sale:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ller-sale.html
Old 07-30-2012, 10:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Questions

I just bought a used 210, and I'm really looking forward to some racing with this. In my tear down I noticed that the pistons have had two holes sealed up. Is this something that I should leave alone or replace back to stock? And has anyone tried the MIP bypass yet? Thanks for the help.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Greatly appreciate the help. I honestly don't feel my driving is good enough to recognize the difference in shock towers. Plus just the $8 vs $60 thing, haha.

Could you explain the 3/3 and 3/2 numbers then? I mean I know what toe is about, just reading the tresrey site is a little hard to understand. Stock is 3* toe and then each one of those kits alters the kick up according to which block you have? what is the stock "kick up" then? I think I missed that in the thread somewhere or read past it. Or should I be looking different manufacturer for the blocks?
Kick-up is the angle of the rear hinge pin to the chassis. Even though every setup guide I've found says more kick up gives you more traction off the line, my experience with the 210 is that the 3deg is only usable in rear motor config on higher traction tracks. In mid motor, the 3 degree block is unusable for me even on high traction astro tracks. The car is too nervous for me.

When I'm running in mid motor, I use 0 or 1.5. If you're running rear motor, start with the 1.5 degree block.

That's just my experience and it contradicts what the setup guides say. Or maybe I'm just reading those guides wrong.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:29 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Guys,
Well I took the plunge and ordered the 210
I was torn between that and the RB5 (as I already have the 4wd Zx-5); I hope I made the right decision as most guys at my track run the Kyosho, but the TD just looks like a quality product. Needless to say, I will be relying on this forum to point me in the right direction regarding the setup. I plan on ordering the CF steering rack, wheel hexes, and BFast kit. Any other suggestions for "mandatory" upgrades are welcome.
Our local track was just redone and is pretty tight and technical. If I were to own just one motor / ESC, what you guys recommend? Guys at the track run 8.5 to 17.5 blinky. I'm thinking somewhere in between, maybe a 13.5T. One of these maybe (not Pro version): http://www.teamtekin.com/rs.html. Medium size track, dusty, one long straight but mostly tight corners. I doubt I will run the organized races.
Thanks in advance,
SoCal

Last edited by SoCalGuy; 07-31-2012 at 06:43 AM.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kbish76
I just bought a used 210, and I'm really looking forward to some racing with this. In my tear down I noticed that the pistons have had two holes sealed up. Is this something that I should leave alone or replace back to stock? And has anyone tried the MIP bypass yet? Thanks for the help.
They were intentionally plugged off. We run 4 x 1.3 in front and 4 x 1.2 in Cush's buggy. 27.5 losi front and 30 losi rear for outdoor, and up a half weight all around for indoor.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SoCalGuy
Hi Guys,
Well I took the plunge and ordered the 210
I was torn between that and the RB5 (as I already have the 4wd Zx-5); I hope I made the right decision as most guys at my track run the Kyosho, but the TD just looks like a quality product. Needless to say, I will be relying on this forum to point me in the right direction regarding the setup. I plan on ordering the CF steering rack, wheel hexes, and BFast kit. Any other suggestions for "mandatory" upgrades are welcome.
Our local track was just redone and is pretty tight and technical. If I were to own just one motor / ESC, what you guys recommend? Guys at the track run 8.5 to 17.5 blinky. I'm thinking somewhere in between, maybe a 13.5T. One of these maybe (not Pro version): http://www.teamtekin.com/rs.html. Medium size track, dusty, one long straight but mostly tight corners. I doubt I will run the organized races.
Thanks in advance,
SoCal
Welcome to the club. You got things covered with the steering link and the Tresrey hexes are sweet to have. I would go through the kit diff balls/thrust first as it is smooth out the box. You can get the BFast as a replacement later on, but not an immediate need.

As far as esc/motors. 13.5 combo will be good. You can boost later if you need more speed.
I know this is gonna sound biased, but Speed Passion stuff is soo awesome. Price point is killer compared to the other brand speedos out there. Can do everything the others can at almost half price!!

http://www.speedpassion.net/us/index.asp

Check out the killer deals!!
http://www.speedpassion.net/shop/
Old 07-31-2012, 07:43 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks kwiksi
Speed Passion reminds me a bit of the Hobbywing stuff, which I've used and had good luck with.
When building the kit, would you suggest setting it up per the manual, or is there a better setup sheet somewhere out there for a good starting point. I know the 210 has more adjustment options that practically any other buggy made. No one at my track is running these, so I'm pretty much flying blind. I'm thinking I'll start with the rear motor config. Springs (should I buy a tuning kit)? Shock oil?, etc.?
Thanks again,
SoCal
Old 07-31-2012, 08:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Johnny5, Thank you for the info. This will be ran on indoor clay tracks, so I will keep these pistons as is for now and start with those recomended oils. I have ordered the Tresery 2 deg rear and the carbon steering. I'm also considering replacing the plastic hexes and plastic shock mounts as they look beaten and frail. I will be picking your brian as I go along and appreciate the help!
Old 07-31-2012, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SoCalGuy
Thanks kwiksi
Speed Passion reminds me a bit of the Hobbywing stuff, which I've used and had good luck with.
When building the kit, would you suggest setting it up per the manual, or is there a better setup sheet somewhere out there for a good starting point. I know the 210 has more adjustment options that practically any other buggy made. No one at my track is running these, so I'm pretty much flying blind. I'm thinking I'll start with the rear motor config. Springs (should I buy a tuning kit)? Shock oil?, etc.?
Thanks again,
SoCal
Speed Passion/Hobbywing....good stuff.
Factory build is a bit off. You running indoor or outdoor?
I have a good outdoor setup you can try to start with. It has changed a bit. Gone to softer green front spring and lighter 27.5 oil in rear.

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...603/index.html

Indoor
I would check here.
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...ngoDEX210.html
Old 07-31-2012, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kbish76
Johnny5, Thank you for the info. This will be ran on indoor clay tracks, so I will keep these pistons as is for now and start with those recomended oils. I have ordered the Tresery 2 deg rear and the carbon steering. I'm also considering replacing the plastic hexes and plastic shock mounts as they look beaten and frail. I will be picking your brian as I go along and appreciate the help!
No problem man, that's why we're here As I've stated before, adding the cf towers to the bits you ordered makes the car very tough. Not a necessity, but an excellent piece of mind upgrade. Cush has broken very few arms, and no hubs, c hubs, or steering arms.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:40 AM
Tech Adept

B-Fast Pro Drivers Kit: Ceramic or Carbide THRUST bearings???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.