Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Any one have have a good base line set up for aggressive steering? Meaning i need more stweering! Any info would be great thanks. It's been a while wheeling a 2wd buggy. Thanks
Old 08-14-2014, 02:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default dex210 servo horn

Who makes a 23t aluminum servo horn for the dex210? Is tlr22 the same length?
Old 08-14-2014, 03:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2SlowTC
Any one have have a good base line set up for aggressive steering? Meaning i need more steering! Any info would be great thanks. It's been a while wheeling a 2wd buggy. Thanks
To get more front steering in mine I went a different front tyre (aka 3 rib to holeshot) added front droop went one harder in the rear spring.

Another thing to try is 3mm trailing on the front hubs instead of the kit 4mm.

You will never get a 2wd buggy to turn like a 4wd but (in my experience I could be wrong)

Originally Posted by nwlm43
Who makes a 23t aluminium servo horn for the dex210? Is tlr22 the same length?
I use the TLR alloys horns and they work perfect they have the same offset as the stock Durango one.

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...ProdID=TLR1555
Old 08-17-2014, 07:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi,

I've been looking for several days now, and somehow i can't find what i'm looking for. I have a Team Durango Dex210 RTR. Which comes as a rear motor (3 spurs). I've tried to make it a mid motor (still with 3 spurs), but if i do so, after completion the build, the car runs backwards.

What i've tried so far is adjusting the transmitter (didn'tn work), tried to switch the plate to the other side (reversing the engine and so (didn't work, because the shaft doesn't fit or i have to make changes in the gearbox, but what i've read so far, is that this is a car which should easily go from rear motor to mid motor, so that seems a bit too far for me), contacted the supplier (who drives a Dex410, but also he couldn't tell whats wrong). Programming the esc doesn't work (stock esc, speedpassion motor, with no adjustment possibilities). And offcourse, searching the internet...

I hope anyone here can tell me what i'm doing wrong, because i really want to set it up mid motor. So... Anyone?

Thanks in advance!

Because of my stupidity, i posted the question above wrong, but RC10Nick gave a reply and told me to ask my question here;

Did you follow the instructions when you switched to MM? You can mount the motor on either side of the transmission case depending on if you go 4 gear or 3 gear, and if you put it on the wrong side, it will run backwards. For mm3, the spur gear should be on the right side of the transmission case.

As he said, it has to be on the other side. But if i try that, the shaft where the large spur is connected to, will not fit. Seems like it will only fit one way (or do I have to open the gearbox and make a change there?
Old 08-17-2014, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

You have to open the transmission case to do it. There's a bearing supporting the top shaft that you need to move from one side of the case to the other. That's what is keeping you from being able to put the top shaft in the correct side.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

RC10Nick nailed it. You'll need to open the tranny case to make it happen. The Durango instructions are not the best I've ever seen, but once you've torn into the car once or twice you'll find they really aren't needed.

If you don't have it handy, here's a link to the Durango insert guide. This is VERY handy to have. I can't post an actual link, because I don't have enough posts yet, but you can probably figure it out.

www_team-durango_com/blog/2011/10/27/dex210-insert-guide/
Old 08-17-2014, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RoMi
Hi,

I've been looking for several days now, and somehow i can't find what i'm looking for. I have a Team Durango Dex210 RTR. Which comes as a rear motor (3 spurs). I've tried to make it a mid motor (still with 3 spurs), but if i do so, after completion the build, the car runs backwards.

What i've tried so far is adjusting the transmitter (didn'tn work), tried to switch the plate to the other side (reversing the engine and so (didn't work, because the shaft doesn't fit or i have to make changes in the gearbox, but what i've read so far, is that this is a car which should easily go from rear motor to mid motor, so that seems a bit too far for me), contacted the supplier (who drives a Dex410, but also he couldn't tell whats wrong). Programming the esc doesn't work (stock esc, speedpassion motor, with no adjustment possibilities). And offcourse, searching the internet...

I hope anyone here can tell me what i'm doing wrong, because i really want to set it up mid motor. So... Anyone?

Thanks in advance!

Because of my stupidity, i posted the question above wrong, but RC10Nick gave a reply and told me to ask my question here;

Did you follow the instructions when you switched to MM? You can mount the motor on either side of the transmission case depending on if you go 4 gear or 3 gear, and if you put it on the wrong side, it will run backwards. For mm3, the spur gear should be on the right side of the transmission case.

As he said, it has to be on the other side. But if i try that, the shaft where the large spur is connected to, will not fit. Seems like it will only fit one way (or do I have to open the gearbox and make a change there?
The RTR kit does not come with the 4 gear. You need to buy 2 bearings, idler shaft and the transmission gear pack to run 4 gear Mid motor. Otherwise you can run the 3 gear and follow the instructions on the manual to setup 3 gear mid motor - use the DEX210 or DEX210v2 manuals to see how to configure it.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Thnx guys! I now know what to do for the MM3 setup, which I will probally pass on and go for the MM4 setup.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Just a call out. Does anyone know anywhere that has decent stock of durango parts?
A-main have most of what I need however they are out of stock of dex210 v2 arms. TD330594 and TD330712. There are none locally here in AUS either and I have been googling for an hour...

Cheers!
Old 08-18-2014, 02:02 AM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dray01
Hi Guys,

Just a call out. Does anyone know anywhere that has decent stock of durango parts?
A-main have most of what I need however they are out of stock of dex210 v2 arms. TD330594 and TD330712. There are none locally here in AUS either and I have been googling for an hour...

Cheers!
Frontline Hobbies has the rears in stock. You should be able to get some fronts through them too, the distributor has some in stock.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dray01
Hi Guys,

Cheers!
I actually have a huge stock of Durango Parts based on the gold coast, Am clearing them off at wholesale, and can post next day, PM me a list, not interested in any international order sorry guys
Old 08-18-2014, 07:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ASH93A
Had the exact same issue with mine, it ended up being the spur gear cover was broken at one of the screw points and occasionally rubbing on the pinion / spur gear!!
I have since changed the spur to a new RW Racing 75T and dropped the pinion accordingly so as to prevent any chance of contact with the stock gear cover. I have the Exotek cover on the way as well.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:49 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Tunatsol
The squeal could be from the tire rubbing the wing.
I thought of that too, and trimmed the rear wing back. Still squeals and after checking the gearbox several times, I took a harder look at the rear axles. I think I have one bad M5x13x4 bearing in the rear hub and I'll replace both and try again.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:51 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by fq06
Usually a squeak or squeal is a bearing. Can you get it to do it on a car stand so you can narrow down where it's coming from?
On my stand the car is completely silent and no squeaks. I double checked and I might have a bad M5x13x4 bearing so I will replace both and try again.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kiwi_tim
I actually have a huge stock of Durango Parts based on the gold coast, Am clearing them off at wholesale, and can post next day, PM me a list, not interested in any international order sorry guys
Thanks guys, ygpm Kiwi_tim.

Brett

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.