Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 08:47 PM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lovethebuggy
I can see it now, I didn't think about the connectors go wrong... Yo are right... I will use your method with the battery wires and all black ones

About the servo, I think the D771 looks quite good... I saw some testings on it and it looks pretty good... Just can't figure out what happened with the stock one... So little use...
I like to keep my leads a bit longer so that I can adjust the battery position and because I also have 2 packs that have the terminals on opposite sides.
Here's a pic of my wiring.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

You would probably be able to if you flipped the pack. With the adjustment range you have with the lipo to the front position you may be able to barely make the positive over to the negative (probably not though) but then when you grab the negative you would notice that its much longer and something does not compute. Pack to the back position would be the longest and the positive would not reach.

Your positive would be so much shorter though, I think you would be able to wire it that way and not be able to plug in cross polarity and still have the full adjustment range.

Anyway, many ways to skin a cat
Old 02-01-2014, 06:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well, just placed the order with hobbypartz for the solar servo and for some wires and plugs... Just hope the 4mm connector are the correct lol, i didnt check that now that i think
Old 02-01-2014, 07:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I've used the Solar servo in mine since May I absolutely love it
Old 02-01-2014, 07:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

You want bullet plugs like the ones in that picture a few pages back, or like these
http://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?...product_id=162

These will work with the low power demands of a buggy, they will work but they are not preferred.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ectors-10-Male
Old 02-01-2014, 07:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by fq06
You want bullet plugs like the ones in that picture a few pages back, or like these
http://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?...product_id=162

These will work with the low power demands of a buggy, they will work but they are not preferred.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ectors-10-Male
The ones from hobbypartz are like the amainhobbies ones so i didnt miss!!

Thanks a lot for all the help fq06 and all you guys!

I will be posting my finished work in like 3 weeks as it takes ages to get here xD and hopefully the car will be alive once and for all!
Old 02-01-2014, 01:17 PM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well, just placed the order with hobbypartz for the solar servo and for some wires and plugs... Just hope the 4mm connector are the correct lol, i didnt check that now that i think
What batteries are you planning to use? Most current packs use a 4mm bullet but some newer ones use a 5mm one.
Old 02-01-2014, 02:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Can someone tell if my idea is right? I mean, my idea is, with the mid motor configuration the motor is less exposed to the rocks and dust from where I can play... Would this be correct? And another thing, does the MM3 will impossible to drive on dirt? I mean, it won't have any grip? Or less grip? Will the car be stopped and won't go forward or is not like that its just come down to racing where it loses some grip?
I refresh everyone that I'm only playing around as I don't have tracks...

ekt: I have some geforce batteries, I guess is the 4mm connector...
Old 02-01-2014, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Playing around I doubt you'll notice any performance issues with any configuration Some would claim that MM3 is undrivable on dirt but it's the only way I'll run MM. Even on dirt. Logic would dictate that in MM that the motor is more protected. For just bashing, run it any way you want.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:42 PM
Tech Adept

this is my new finnisher body for my dex210...done by stickit1 racing

this shows my electronics layout....shorty is in the "middle" position
Old 02-01-2014, 09:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default shock o rings

Whats up with the shock o rings not being available again till April?? Any one know of a place that has them in stock that's not overseas?
Old 02-01-2014, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Can someone tell if my idea is right? I mean, my idea is, with the mid motor configuration the motor is less exposed to the rocks and dust from where I can play... Would this be correct? And another thing, does the MM3 will impossible to drive on dirt? I mean, it won't have any grip? Or less grip? Will the car be stopped and won't go forward or is not like that its just come down to racing where it loses some grip?
I refresh everyone that I'm only playing around as I don't have tracks...

ekt: I have some geforce batteries, I guess is the 4mm connector...
For bashing in very loose dirt/gravel the buggy won't have a whole lot of grip regardless of the setup. It's just very light, 2wd, and the usual buggy tires won't be able to dig any further than several millimeters of any dusty surface. You'd definitely want some sort of bashing tire, or else you will go through regular racing tires like there is no tomorrow if you are spinning your tires frequently. But even though you won't have consistent traction I don't see why you would get stuck in dirt unless you are attempting to run on something like silt or sand, then you may get stuck without paddle tires.

And the mid-motor will definitely be a bit better protected from bad rear-end landings which usually scratch up and ding motors pretty quickly. But like said above, the setup won't matter a whole lot for a bashing environment. These cars were made for a hard packed track.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Got most of the new parts ordered up today, most of then are showing late february. Not going to bother with the new chassis yet as I have one of my own that still strait enough (running on turf I had some negative experiences with solid objects, went WOT into a steel post right in the center, it un pluged that battery and bent the chassis bad, the stock one is also bent but don't know how) and now have a type b for dirt use.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks a lot!!

I guess I will try and see with this configuration for some time... For wheels, I got the pro line dirt hawg that every comment say they last forever... The stock rear tires lasted less than the battery pack xD
Old 02-02-2014, 06:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

dirty & best!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.