R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree44Likes

Old 11-24-2013, 09:27 PM   #12976
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Added 3oz. right in front of the gearbox. Track I'm running on starts the day smooth but after just two qualifiers it's pretty damn rough. Tried a friends buggy with a standard pack and it felt very confidence inspiring. 3oz. with a shorty is just a tad more than his pack so it should be close. Going to try a standard with the extra 3oz. just for the hell of it too...
Old 11-26-2013, 01:32 AM   #12977
Tech Master

Dremeled a plastic RR hanger to make my own -2MM one since the alum one is back ordered

Running it with the 0* RF block for 3* antisquat. Trimmed off the drop tabs on the chassis. Then Dremeled a bit more and some on the arms to get the maximum amount of droop possible. I'll have to use shock limiters which is what I was doing anyways since I flipped the arms around.

Looking forward to getting it back on the track to see how I like the LRC setup.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:31 AM   #12978
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My problem with the LRC mod is that what if I don't want the roll center lowered? If the point is to move the arm pivot point lower by 2mm, the inner ball stud location also needs to move down by 2mm to keep the roll center the same. For me that's not possible. The other option is to run the vertical ball stud rear hubs so that the outer can be raised. I always set my cars up so that when at arms level ride height, which is measured as the inner and outer hinge pins being at the same height which would be a level arm if they were straight arms, I want the camber link and the arm to both be parallel.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #12979
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

lrc mod?
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:06 PM   #12980
Tech Champion
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredswain View Post
My problem with the LRC mod is that what if I don't want the roll center lowered? If the point is to move the arm pivot point lower by 2mm, the inner ball stud location also needs to move down by 2mm to keep the roll center the same. For me that's not possible. The other option is to run the vertical ball stud rear hubs so that the outer can be raised. I always set my cars up so that when at arms level ride height, which is measured as the inner and outer hinge pins being at the same height which would be a level arm if they were straight arms, I want the camber link and the arm to both be parallel.
Lol, I lowered my inner/outer stud height with the LRC blocks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted View Post
lrc mod?
Low Roll Center pivot blocks..
http://www.team-durango.com/part-inf...artNo=TD330599
flame56mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:11 PM   #12981
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to JordanC

JordanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:31 PM   #12982
Tech Master

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDRLC&P=7

Back ordered through tower so you might have to go dremel happy like I did. Hopefully it holds up with all the material I had to remove...
Old 11-26-2013, 09:37 PM   #12983
Tech Champion
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDRLC&P=7

Back ordered through tower so you might have to go dremel happy like I did. Hopefully it holds up with all the material I had to remove...
I did some similar mill-work to my aluminum pieces..not all with a dremel, but I wouldn't recommend using the tools I did..had to do frequent finger counts...lol
flame56mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:40 PM   #12984
Tech Master

I can't wait to get it on the track to see how I like it. But with no heat at the indoor track, snow in the forecast, and a low of 9*F it's going to have to wait until next week at the earliest...
Old 11-27-2013, 04:57 AM   #12985
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I'm selling a carpet buggy and some stuff if anyone is interested. Taking offers.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...body-wing.html
Old 11-27-2013, 08:15 AM   #12986
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Ran my 210 for the 3rd time in 17.5 buggy last night and I super happy with the overall handling of my Durango. Funny thing is I put some rear springs on and I thought I had one spring on only to find out I made a huge mistake. That turned out ok as the car worked even better with the wrong springs on the back of the car. Sometimes a little luck pays off as normally and think on any other buggy these springs wouldn't have worked. I'm just going to ride it out and try out at another track and see if the results are the same.

All my new STRC black anodized parts worked great along with the carbon front and rear towers. The new to me tapered Durango pistons really worked out great with the oil and spring combo I'm running. Suspension feels really plush overall and jumps great. Very happy with 210 right now.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:01 AM   #12987
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredswain View Post

From a manufacturing stand point. I hope Durango would make a rear front LRC block and include a 2mm shim to raise it back to standard (HRC). They should have done the same for the rear as well instead of introducing 2 different blocks but oh well.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:11 AM   #12988
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino_D View Post
From a manufacturing stand point. I hope Durango would make a rear front LRC block and include a 2mm shim to raise it back to standard (HRC). They should have done the same for the rear as well instead of introducing 2 different blocks but oh well.
Exotek beat Durango to it.
http://www.exotekracing.com/dex210-r...ith-shims-lrc/
Walkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:19 AM   #12989
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I intend to run two of the RR blocks, with one in place of the RF block. I've already tried it so I know it fits. This gives zero rear toe, and places the inner hinge pins parallel and equal distance as they are on the front arms. I am going to machine 3 degree inserts for the rear hubs to get toe back. I have never liked the idea of having arms swept forward. From a geometry standpoint this is something that I believe the industry gets wrong.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:19 AM   #12990
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkman View Post
Flexibility comes with a price. It raises the transmission case. A dremel may fix that though.
shagino is offline   Reply With Quote