R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree46Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-17-2013, 11:19 AM   #12646
Super Moderator
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,081
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Sorry to be a pain, fellas.. but ya gotta keep the for-sale posts strictly to the for-sale forums. Thanks!
__________________
A big thanks to my sponsors:
- Fantom Racing - www.fantomracing.com -
- Fusion Graphix- www.fusiongraphix.com -
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:50 AM   #12647
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 431
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone tried shimming out the bump steer on this car? Just wondering if it makes much difference.
jha07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:13 PM   #12648
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 3,651
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
Sorry to be a pain, fellas.. but ya gotta keep the for-sale posts strictly to the for-sale forums. Thanks!
Out of curiosity, why is it allowed in track threads but not here? Luckily, the amount of sale posts haven't been too bad in this one.
shagino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:13 PM   #12649
Tech Elite
 
8ight-e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,168
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

any setup thoughts with this buggy if you have a couple real bad jump faces that turn you sideways as you hit them.. doesn't seem to matter on or off power, the only way to save it is a TON of throttle but it slows you down and is not consistent at all. mind you all buggies are having the same issue... it's not a brand specific issue or a setup specific issue that I can tell.
__________________
Tekno ET48, EB48.2
Durango Fleet - Dex410 v3, Dex210, Desc410, Desc210
8ight-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:39 PM   #12650
Tech Champion
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,377
Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jha07 View Post
Has anyone tried shimming out the bump steer on this car? Just wondering if it makes much difference.
Yep, IMO makes a good bit of difference..
flame56mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:15 PM   #12651
Tech Elite
 
madweazl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 2,579
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ight-e View Post
any setup thoughts with this buggy if you have a couple real bad jump faces that turn you sideways as you hit them.. doesn't seem to matter on or off power, the only way to save it is a TON of throttle but it slows you down and is not consistent at all. mind you all buggies are having the same issue... it's not a brand specific issue or a setup specific issue that I can tell.
You can change the attitude of the car while it's in air by steering left or right to help correct this.
__________________
RadioPost
Mugen MBX7r | CRE Picco 5TR/2120 | Hitec 7950/7940
Tekno NB48 | B6 Pro/2058 | Hitec 7950/7940
Kyosho RB6 | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 3 9.5 | Hitec 7940
Schumacher SX3 Pro | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 2 8.5 | Hitec 7940
madweazl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:44 PM   #12652
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 118
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Somehow rebuilt my rtr gear diff w/o one cross section containing two small gears. Can't find it, its super weird.

I am curious, I found a 410r conversion set online that looks the part, but not sure if the parts will fit. I'd like to buy just the cross member, two gears and two washers as opposed to buying the whole diff assembly. Can anyone make a recommendation?

Also, if you got a rtr, pulled the gear diff and want to get rid of it, please pm me.

Cullen
simonseize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:13 PM   #12653
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,561
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jha07 View Post
Has anyone tried shimming out the bump steer on this car? Just wondering if it makes much difference.
I don't have bump steer. Instead of adding a spacer under the inner side, I lowered the outer.
__________________
Follow my rc products on Facebook at Raborn Racing Originals and the line of 3D printed parts at
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/rebellionrc
fredswain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:13 PM   #12654
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,528
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonseize View Post
Somehow rebuilt my rtr gear diff w/o one cross section containing two small gears. Can't find it, its super weird.

I am curious, I found a 410r conversion set online that looks the part, but not sure if the parts will fit. I'd like to buy just the cross member, two gears and two washers as opposed to buying the whole diff assembly. Can anyone make a recommendation?

Also, if you got a rtr, pulled the gear diff and want to get rid of it, please pm me.

Cullen
The RTR only comes with two gears.
__________________
Awesomatix A800XA - Xray XB2 2018
iTz Nicholas72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:23 PM   #12655
Tech Elite
 
8ight-e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,168
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madweazl View Post
You can change the attitude of the car while it's in air by steering left or right to help correct this.
limited.. it's 2wd and RM3,, MM you can do a little more with it mid flight but it's not 4wd and TBH I even have to fight down the 4wd buggy this jump is soo bad. Like I said just wondering if there was a setup trick anyone found Thanks
__________________
Tekno ET48, EB48.2
Durango Fleet - Dex410 v3, Dex210, Desc410, Desc210
8ight-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:25 PM   #12656
ekt
Tech Master
 
ekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Burnie, Australia
Posts: 1,228
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonseize View Post
Somehow rebuilt my rtr gear diff w/o one cross section containing two small gears. Can't find it, its super weird.

I am curious, I found a 410r conversion set online that looks the part, but not sure if the parts will fit. I'd like to buy just the cross member, two gears and two washers as opposed to buying the whole diff assembly. Can anyone make a recommendation?

Also, if you got a rtr, pulled the gear diff and want to get rid of it, please pm me.

Cullen
The rtr only comes with one pin and 2 gears for the gear diff.
TD709002, TD310002, TD310003 are the gears, shafts and shims.
Getting #TD210031 would be the other option.
__________________
Leo Lorenzen
Xray Australia - Proline Australia - GForce Australia - Fantom Australia - Hearns Hobbies
ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:42 PM   #12657
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,528
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ight-e View Post
limited.. it's 2wd and RM3,, MM you can do a little more with it mid flight but it's not 4wd and TBH I even have to fight down the 4wd buggy this jump is soo bad. Like I said just wondering if there was a setup trick anyone found Thanks
We had a jump like this and it wanted to make my buggy hook left. I tried to countersteer into it and it that didn't help. Strangely steering left just before the face of the jump helped it it fly level. Strange but it worked for me and is worth a shot...
__________________
Awesomatix A800XA - Xray XB2 2018
iTz Nicholas72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:46 AM   #12658
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 118
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekt View Post
The rtr only comes with one pin and 2 gears for the gear diff.
TD709002, TD310002, TD310003 are the gears, shafts and shims.
Getting #TD210031 would be the other option.
Ah, ok, I thought I'd gone crazy! I swear I saw both last rebuild, but I guess I was just implanting that memory after checking out a few build threads.

Cheers and thanks for the part numbers!

Is there a benefit to having all the gears?
simonseize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:33 AM   #12659
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 279
Trader Rating: 40 (98%+)
Default

Having 4 gears will make the diff a little smoother and add a touch more inertia to it due to the additional teeth.
Ruger357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:55 AM   #12660
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Del-A-Where?
Posts: 559
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

i just finished building the 210 in MM4 combo for some indoor carpet offroad. so far it has been pretty nice to drive just looking for some tips and/or info on set up. more steering would be nice IDK much about the 2wd buggy platform this is new adventure for me....
__________________
"Drew Q."
~Team Durango~RCAmerica~Futaba~Trak Power~Murnan Modifieds~REDS Racing USA~Hot Race Tyres
automagic302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St Ives RC Club B4Bandit Australian Racing 16584 12-06-2017 03:53 AM
EPMTs check in here. (a subsidiary of TNT) overtki11 Singapore R/C Racers 55470 05-08-2017 12:57 AM
Team Durango DEX410 ASH93A Australian Racing 925 04-08-2013 10:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:13 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net