Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Durango DEX210 Thread > Durango DEX210 Thread
Like Tree66Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread


Old 06-26-2013, 01:42 PM
  #11476  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (18)
 
Heavy B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 857
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Heavy B View Post
If interested in a very clean DEX210 go here:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...go-dex210.html
Original chassis and enough parts to build a MM car and a RM car minus extra shocks.
Heavy B is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:49 PM
  #11477  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Punxsutawney, Pa
Posts: 533
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

is there anywhere I can buy the pre drilled pistons in sizes other than 3x1 or 4.1 mm i'm looking for the ones in sizes like 3x1.2or3 and 4x1.2or3
cripplethreat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:07 PM
  #11478  
wyd
Tech Legend
iTrader: (50)
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,196
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by cripplethreat View Post
is there anywhere I can buy the pre drilled pistons in sizes other than 3x1 or 4.1 mm i'm looking for the ones in sizes like 3x1.2or3 and 4x1.2or3
My new ones where 4 x 1.0 and I just used a 55 drill bit which is 1.3mm. You could get the 1.0 and use a 56 or 57 drill bil to get 1.2mm or 1.1mm if you wanted to. Mine are Durango tapered pistons. I know Great Planes has them in stock so Tower should have them as well. They also make 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3 x 4
wyd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:11 PM
  #11479  
wyd
Tech Legend
iTrader: (50)
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,196
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nismomike View Post
I think the general consensus is: if you are running on dirt/clay, remove the droop screws and grind off the droop pads from the front bulkhead. Use internal limiters and measure overall length, match shock lengths using the shock end to fine tune length.
If you run on carpet, turf, or cork, use the droop screws.
Sounds good to me. I did read about dirt getting stuck up in their but for testing purposes I will try the easy way and then when race season gets here I will take you advice and shave them off.
wyd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:27 PM
  #11480  
wyd
Tech Legend
iTrader: (50)
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,196
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

nismomike taking 2mm of droop out of the front did help a good amount. Got me even closer to where I wanted to be with such a little change. At least I know that change is just like my touring car would do. Thanks again. Did add a fan to my LRP Flow and put 4 little vent holes in the body and now the speedo dropped about 45 degrees in temp so now that and motor are runnin lower temps with plenty of rip.

Now I will put the alum steering rack on and aluminum servo horn and thats it for tonight.
wyd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:40 PM
  #11481  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
RC10Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,331
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by wyd View Post
nismomike taking 2mm of droop out of the front did help a good amount. Got me even closer to where I wanted to be with such a little change. At least I know that change is just like my touring car would do. Thanks again. Did add a fan to my LRP Flow and put 4 little vent holes in the body and now the speedo dropped about 45 degrees in temp so now that and motor are runnin lower temps with plenty of rip.

Now I will put the alum steering rack on and aluminum servo horn and thats it for tonight.
You're not done until you try mm4!
RC10Nick is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:09 PM
  #11482  
Tech Master
iTrader: (25)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,188
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

whats the advantage of running shocks on rear of tower with MM cars?

Im running on front and feel good
Jarred King is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:29 PM
  #11483  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (102)
 
elex300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,970
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

Hi guys, Im doing some research on mid motor cars. Can someone explain or point me in the right direction to info on differences between 3 gear vs 4 gear transmition for mid motor.
elex300 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:15 PM
  #11484  
ekt
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
ekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Burnie, Australia
Posts: 1,229
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by elex300 View Post
Hi guys, Im doing some research on mid motor cars. Can someone explain or point me in the right direction to info on differences between 3 gear vs 4 gear transmition for mid motor.
Here's a link to Team Durango's article on the different motor configs. http://www.team-durango.com/in-the-p...rticle_id=4472
ekt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:18 AM
  #11485  
Tech Master
 
murky123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: netherlands
Posts: 1,031
Default

anybody willing to sell his used stock aluminium schassis main plate ? as long as its straight and not bend. ( for a nice price )

no more +8 and dimec for me
murky123 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:23 AM
  #11486  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Punxsutawney, Pa
Posts: 533
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by wyd View Post
My new ones where 4 x 1.0 and I just used a 55 drill bit which is 1.3mm. You could get the 1.0 and use a 56 or 57 drill bil to get 1.2mm or 1.1mm if you wanted to. Mine are Durango tapered pistons. I know Great Planes has them in stock so Tower should have them as well. They also make 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3 x 4

i'm a shaky guy so I doubt I can do it.. could you link me to the 1.2 and 1.3? i would be real grateful.
cripplethreat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:43 AM
  #11487  
ekt
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
ekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Burnie, Australia
Posts: 1,229
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by cripplethreat View Post
i'm a shaky guy so I doubt I can do it.. could you link me to the 1.2 and 1.3? i would be real grateful.
Unfortunately the tapered pistons only come in 4/5/6 1mm holes, standard 6 hole ones come in 1.2/1.3 http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...tons&search=Go
ekt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:01 AM
  #11488  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
madweazl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 2,579
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

What is the difference between the Dimec and Dimec20?
madweazl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:33 AM
  #11489  
ekt
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
ekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Burnie, Australia
Posts: 1,229
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by madweazl View Post
What is the difference between the Dimec and Dimec20?
The DIMEC20 is made from a stiffer material, less flex compared to the DIMEC.
ekt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:01 PM
  #11490  
wyd
Tech Legend
iTrader: (50)
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,196
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RC10Nick View Post
You're not done until you try mm4!
You never know what could happen.
wyd is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service