R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree46Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-06-2013, 09:43 PM   #11311
Tech Regular
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceP View Post
Thanks that helps I am going to run outdoor dirt track not roar and all my lipos are 6500mah 150c maxamps and 5000mah 90c Orion just didn't know if that was over kill for this car I would assume I can get damn good run time with these I get 12 min main in 4x4 sc with ease so maybe going down in mah to lighten car might not be a bad idea or what do u run as far as mah.

shorty packs. thunder power 3800mah shorty and revtech 4500mah shorty
glenng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:48 PM   #11312
Tech Regular
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cripplethreat View Post
could someone tell me if I buy the 4x1 mm tapered piston or is it better to the dual ones? at 9 or 15 a set i don't really want to buy them more than once. Also, Could someone tell me what the stock gearing is on the RTR kit? Is it 81/29?
either or is fine to be honest. i run dual taper, but the tapers were fine too. also u might wanna pick up metric bits below if you dont have a 1.2 or 1.3mm drill bit. 1.3x4 front and rear is a common piston size used by people at my track and in many of the setups posted. you will wanna hand drill those 1mm holes out with the bit of your choice.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ston-Drill-Set

Last edited by glenng; 06-07-2013 at 12:30 AM. Reason: add link
glenng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:10 AM   #11313
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norcal
Posts: 789
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenng View Post
either or is fine to be honest. i run dual taper, but the tapers were fine too. also u might wanna pick up metric bits below if you dont have a 1.2 or 1.3mm drill bit. 1.3x4 front and rear is a common piston size used by people at my track and in many of the setups posted. you will wanna hand drill those 1mm holes out with the bit of your choice.
weird thing we talked a last weekend.

losi stock setup is 1.3x4, and AE stock setup is 1.6x2.
Both are pretty good, pretty much everyone is using that for the longest time.
Then during this year's reedy off road ROC, Dustin Evans approved and all losi drivers went to get AE 1.6x2 pistons.
My friend told me last weekend that, AE drivers are all talking and switching to 1.3x4 pistons.

For me, both are pretty much the same, I got pretty fine steady pace in my local track, barely any lap time change either.
nicholasxuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:20 AM   #11314
Tech Addict
 
Teambcw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: So Cal.
Posts: 653
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

If anyone is looking for a great buggy I am selling my 210.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...yosho-rb6.html
__________________
OCRC / C$ race setups ...... And my Wife
Teambcw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:37 AM   #11315
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,142
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

I just started building my DEX210 last night. I have it built up to the start of the transmission. So far the build has gone perfectly so far with no real hang ups. I really slowed down some when doing the steering knuckles and caster block assembly to make sure I have all setup correctly. Its nice with all those changes you can make but its also I see very easy to get something wrong to so I paid special attention to those areas so far. Tranny is up next so I will make sure I take my time building the diff and getting everything in correctly.

Only thing that was minor is I have the Durango rear aluminum hubs and the toe in inserts fit super tight so I doubt I will be changing those out too much. Plus the ball stud is a little long so until I get ones with shorter threads I will either cut mine down a little or will keep 2mm of spacers under the ball stud which is what I might want to do. Need to see what the difference between the plastic rear hub vs the new aluminum ones I have.

I did put on the STRC new front 4mm graphite front shock tower and aluminum camber link mounts. Very nice and a perfect fit. Will AC the graphite tonight just to give it an even nicer look and to keep from splintering.

Still not sure on what oils, pistons and springs I want to run yet but will figure that out tonight.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:57 AM   #11316
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 3,651
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

Nice! You might not need it but watch this before building the diff.

http://www.team-durango.com/in-the-p...rticle_id=4771
shagino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:08 AM   #11317
ekt
Tech Master
 
ekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Burnie, Australia
Posts: 1,228
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
I just started building my DEX210 last night. I have it built up to the start of the transmission. So far the build has gone perfectly so far with no real hang ups. I really slowed down some when doing the steering knuckles and caster block assembly to make sure I have all setup correctly. Its nice with all those changes you can make but its also I see very easy to get something wrong to so I paid special attention to those areas so far. Tranny is up next so I will make sure I take my time building the diff and getting everything in correctly.

Only thing that was minor is I have the Durango rear aluminum hubs and the toe in inserts fit super tight so I doubt I will be changing those out too much. Plus the ball stud is a little long so until I get ones with shorter threads I will either cut mine down a little or will keep 2mm of spacers under the ball stud which is what I might want to do. Need to see what the difference between the plastic rear hub vs the new aluminum ones I have.

I did put on the STRC new front 4mm graphite front shock tower and aluminum camber link mounts. Very nice and a perfect fit. Will AC the graphite tonight just to give it an even nicer look and to keep from splintering.

Still not sure on what oils, pistons and springs I want to run yet but will figure that out tonight.
4mm of spacers under the ballstud give the same height as the plastic piece, for heights under 3mm you'll need to cut down the ballstud
__________________
Leo Lorenzen
Xray Australia - Proline Australia - GForce Australia - Fantom Australia - Hearns Hobbies
ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:41 AM   #11318
Tech Elite
 
j.d.roost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,087
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Put some laps on the rdrp +11 chassis lastnight (carpet).
Car lost a bit of steering (as expected) compaired to the dimec soft +8 but was MUCH smoother. Jumping was very level and the car soaked up landings with less rear bounce then I had with the previous chassis.
Lap timing system was not on so I can't tell if the car was any faster...but it felt much easier to drive. I was also able to run into entry deeper without it traction rolling..This may be do to loosing some steering or the extra weight of the aluminum chassis...Will work on setup this weekend to try and gain back some mid rotation. Was on the fence with this chassis (I don't have deep pockets)...very glad I purchased it.

*
Wanted to add that I broke a rear shock (dented a body) and tossed on my b4.2 set. If the 4.2 shocks were a bit longer they would be a viable option for this car.. There is enough clearance to push through a metric bolt through the bottom ball socket..Up top you need to use the AE standoff/bolt and a 2mm spacer. The shocks worked very good and the car cornered like it was on rails...If I had more droop I would assume it would have jumped better.
Might work good with a lowered shock tower.
__________________
F1
Roche usa
R.I.P. Jon Williams

Last edited by j.d.roost; 06-07-2013 at 07:58 AM.
j.d.roost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:47 PM   #11319
Tech Initiate
 
Bellvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Orange, CA
Posts: 28
Default

Looking for some motor-esc advice.

Just grabbed the DEX210 RTR and ran it at WCRC in La Mirada. Not impressed with the Speed Passions RTR setup. Looking for more speed and punch.
Running 2cell 5000mah 40c Lipos and would like to keep up with the other guys.

Also looking for a different body then the cab forward one that came with it. Bought the DEX210 kit body and it does not fit since its a different chassis.
Any advice?

Cheers
Bellvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:57 PM   #11320
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 3,651
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellvis View Post
Looking for some motor-esc advice.

Just grabbed the DEX210 RTR and ran it at WCRC in La Mirada. Not impressed with the Speed Passions RTR setup. Looking for more speed and punch.
Running 2cell 5000mah 40c Lipos and would like to keep up with the other guys.

Also looking for a different body then the cab forward one that came with it. Bought the DEX210 kit body and it does not fit since its a different chassis.
Any advice?

Cheers
Gonna need a bigger boat.

Any idea what the other guys were running? I don't think you can add timing to that speedo so upgrade might be your only option.
shagino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:02 PM   #11321
Tech Fanatic
 
Heavy B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 857
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

I recently picked-up a pair of TD vented slipper disks. Upon installation, I think the groove to seat the top shaft pin in is machined too deep. I cannot get the slipper to tighten. I think it's the groove because if I shift the roll pin so it does not seat in the groove I can get it to tighten properly.

Has anyone ran into this issue? I am going to email support for replacement, but I thought I'd ask in case it's operator error.
__________________
Brian Bernt
2013 9th Annual HobbyPLEX Enduro Open Class Co-Champion
2011 ROAR Region 8 Mod 2wd SCT Champion
2010 & 2007 Summer Series at the Plex Modified 2wd Buggy Champion
2009 Summer Series at the Plex Modified 2wd Stadium Truck Champion
Heavy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:13 PM   #11322
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,345
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy B View Post
I recently picked-up a pair of TD vented slipper disks. Upon installation, I think the groove to seat the top shaft pin in is machined too deep. I cannot get the slipper to tighten. I think it's the groove because if I shift the roll pin so it does not seat in the groove I can get it to tighten properly.

Has anyone ran into this issue? I am going to email support for replacement, but I thought I'd ask in case it's operator error.
I had the issue where it wouldn't tighten down and it turned out to be slipper spacer wear: http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...perSpacerWear/
mulepic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:14 PM   #11323
Tech Initiate
 
Bellvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Orange, CA
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagino View Post
Gonna need a bigger boat.

Any idea what the other guys were running? I don't think you can add timing to that speedo so upgrade might be your only option.
Not sure what the other guys were running.
I was the only DEX210 practicing with AE B4s and Losi 22s.

I want to upgrade both ESC and Motor, just not sure what to get. I really only know about crawlers.

Don't plan on doing any actual racing, just practicing on the non-race days.

Cheers
Bellvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #11324
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,345
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellvis View Post
Not sure what the other guys were running.
I was the only DEX210 practicing with AE B4s and Losi 22s.

I want to upgrade both ESC and Motor, just not sure what to get. I really only know about crawlers.

Don't plan on doing any actual racing, just practicing on the non-race days.

Cheers
I run a viper vtx10r w/ the viper 17.5 and love it.
mulepic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #11325
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 163
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellvis View Post
Looking for some motor-esc advice.

Just grabbed the DEX210 RTR and ran it at WCRC in La Mirada. Not impressed with the Speed Passions RTR setup. Looking for more speed and punch.
Running 2cell 5000mah 40c Lipos and would like to keep up with the other guys.

Also looking for a different body then the cab forward one that came with it. Bought the DEX210 kit body and it does not fit since its a different chassis.
Any advice?

Cheers
You can change the timing on the Speed Passion Cirtix ESC that it comes with. Just have to buy the program card.

http://www.speedpassion.net/uploadfi...ay27th2010.pdf

http://www.speedpassion.net/eu/produ...PESCPB01&c=OPT

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Programing-Box
gus6464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St Ives RC Club B4Bandit Australian Racing 16584 12-06-2017 03:53 AM
EPMTs check in here. (a subsidiary of TNT) overtki11 Singapore R/C Racers 55470 05-08-2017 12:57 AM
Team Durango DEX410 ASH93A Australian Racing 925 04-08-2013 10:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:12 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net