Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Durango DEX210 Thread >

Durango DEX210 Thread

Like Tree67Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Reply

Old 03-17-2013, 11:46 AM
  #10606  
Tech Adept
 
sc10pc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 157
Default

piston setup is stock i think it is the 6 hole and all the fast guys at my track run the light blue springs all around.
sc10pc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:36 PM
  #10607  
Tech Master
iTrader: (28)
 
TAMAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,953
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

@SC10PC...Petit is a great place to read up. But be VERY careful with the factory guys setups.. For example, Jorns setups shows a modified rear hinge pins changing the kickup, but ALL the drivers were running that and some dont show that in the setups.. Also he was running AE rear hubs and CVD's.. But for shock set, etc. its a great place to start.

A shorty pack is a MUST for this car. And if you can get the Dimec chassis, it will make a world of difference as its easier to set the car up with the plastic chassis (more flex). Also Light blue is VERY soft in the rear. To get it to rotate, I would get a losi Pink on the rear or Durango Dark green. Where do you race?
TAMAK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:04 PM
  #10608  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
Rob Phillips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Indianapolis / VA
Posts: 1,722
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

My current shock setup:
Front
1.3x4 piston Losi 32.5wt
TLR 22 Red Spring
Rear
1.3x4 piston Losi 27.5wt
TLR 22 Yellow Spring

*Note: I'm using the stock 1.3 x 6 pistons with two holes glued closed (CA'd the tip of a toothpick into place then cut flush) making it a 1.3 x 4 piston.

I think I need to be a little heavier on the front spring, but over all it feels pretty good.
Rob Phillips is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:42 PM
  #10609  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (75)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Stokes, NC
Posts: 6,562
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Rob Phillips View Post
My current shock setup:
Front
1.3x4 piston Losi 32.5wt
TLR 22 Red Spring
Rear
1.3x4 piston Losi 27.5wt
TLR 22 Yellow Spring

*Note: I'm using the stock 1.3 x 6 pistons with two holes glued closed (CA'd the tip of a toothpick into place then cut flush) making it a 1.3 x 4 piston.

I think I need to be a little heavier on the front spring, but over all it feels pretty good.
Oh yeah. Ill have my latest update soon.
Raul Garcia is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:33 AM
  #10610  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
Rob Phillips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Indianapolis / VA
Posts: 1,722
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia View Post
Oh yeah. Ill have my latest update soon.
sweet, you know where to send it
Rob Phillips is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:16 PM
  #10611  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
nolimit208's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Orem, Utah
Posts: 279
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Cactus Classic final Setup

Here is my final setup used at cactus classic. I opted to stay rear motor.
I have the rear hinge pin holder mod where you sand off 2mm off the bottom.

I didn't race all my heats mainly in phx to visit friends and raced on the side, but car was handling very well with plenty of steering.


Setup Sheet is on my google docs Listed below
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0Ab...it?usp=sharing

Last edited by nolimit208; 03-18-2013 at 09:08 PM.
nolimit208 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:05 PM
  #10612  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
nolimit208's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Orem, Utah
Posts: 279
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

petitrc link for setup

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...sic2013031517/
nolimit208 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:40 PM
  #10613  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
rcjunky1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 2,192
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

do you dremel off 2mm and still use the 3* block for 6* of antisquate overal, or just the 0* block for 3* overal?
rcjunky1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:02 PM
  #10614  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
nolimit208's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Orem, Utah
Posts: 279
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TAMAK View Post
So to to be clear. The rear shock mounted to the rear of the arm is new.. Hupo stated eos was the first race they tried the setup snd dirt was next, but not sure when. Now, to do the mod, all i did to the arms was mount the left on the right and the right on the left. This does not effect toe or wheelbase. And then cut clearance on the wing for the shocks and done. Some people will nock the idea but i enjoy testing and tweaking, this may or may not work for you period! But to say it wont work is just being small minded. Test On!
I am going to be trying this mod on my local indoor clay. I am hoping with the weight of the shocks being more towards the back it will allow me to run my battery further forward gaining off power steering.
nolimit208 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:05 PM
  #10615  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
nolimit208's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Orem, Utah
Posts: 279
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rcjunky1 View Post
do you dremel off 2mm and still use the 3* block for 6* of antisquate overal, or just the 0* block for 3* overal?
I updated my sheet on the google docs, I have a 0 block when I use the -2mm rear hinge pin holder.

Cornering seems to be more stable on high bite tracks, which cactus was and my local track is also.
nolimit208 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:06 PM
  #10616  
P6
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: il
Posts: 683
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Yes I was just gonna ask about this I have a 1.5 kick up 3 toe in rf if I shave 1mm off the RR block what would I have for kick up I'm looking to buying a lighter rf with less kick up the brass is making me use odd springs combinations to compensate for the weight in the rear and battery placment is never full forward its usually to much I can drop 16g off my rf by not using brass and another 10g under servo to get lighter overall
P6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:21 PM
  #10617  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
nolimit208's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Orem, Utah
Posts: 279
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by P6 View Post
Yes I was just gonna ask about this I have a 1.5 kick up 3 toe in rf if I shave 1mm off the RR block what would I have for kick up I'm looking to buying a lighter rf with less kick up the brass is making me use odd springs combinations to compensate for the weight in the rear and battery placment is never full forward its usually to much I can drop 16g off my rf by not using brass and another 10g under servo to get lighter overall
You would be right around 3, rcjunky can comment better on the actual kickup since he makes them and knows their exact measurements though.

And how to do it, I used a belt sander, mounted the rr block on the bottom of the chassis with 2 screw going through the chassis into the top of the rr block so the bottom part of the rr block is accessible to the sander. This provides better results and is a lot cleaner then trying to dremel it.
nolimit208 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:25 PM
  #10618  
P6
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: il
Posts: 683
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I was gonna go old school to make sure I don't over do it , block of wood and some sand paper to make sure its even
P6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:28 PM
  #10619  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
nolimit208's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Orem, Utah
Posts: 279
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

That would work just fine, just measure with your calipers ever few seconds and you should be good.

if you sand off too much you can always shim it up to get the right amount

Last edited by nolimit208; 03-18-2013 at 10:04 PM.
nolimit208 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:29 AM
  #10620  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (75)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Stokes, NC
Posts: 6,562
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nolimit208 View Post
Here is my final setup used at cactus classic. I opted to stay rear motor.
I have the rear hinge pin holder mod where you sand off 2mm off the bottom.

I didn't race all my heats mainly in phx to visit friends and raced on the side, but car was handling very well with plenty of steering.


Setup Sheet is on my google docs Listed below
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0Ab...it?usp=sharing
So this makes a lrc block 2 kick up approximately. ? You could also shave the front and rear equally too.
Raul Garcia is online now  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service