Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 07:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

i know it sucks, but that shaft was the best investment i've made even though its the only tresrey part i've bought. just made things easier.

if you think you've wasted money on rw spurs, the first couple times you ream out the center and its slightly off and then you start chewing up spur gears again, you'll be pissed.

i'd either search high and low for the durango spurs through all the vendors possible or you can try reaming. I did an ae spur and bored out the center and you could tell it was slightly off. even taking my time. slipper pad shows the offcenter based on how much is showing on each side of the plate.

sucks you had bad luck, and maybe its because i'm running stock motor in the truck, but my 75 in it is lasting great.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mihaelbencek
I ordered 3 rw spurs. They are terrible, never lasting longer then 10 minutes. The durango spur i run a couple of wheeks and month in my dex and desc210.
Make sure your slipper pads are nicely placed and that the shaft isn't bent. Also make sure your mesh is set correctly and the motor screws are nice and tight. I've been using my RW for over a year and its flawless.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My RW spurs are great also.
Are they not machined ?
Old 01-02-2013, 08:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ridgeracer
My RW spurs are great also.
Are they not machined ?
Yes they are. So therefore the best spur you could get. I don't understand why that other guy had issues with them? That's all i've been using for the past 9 months without an issue. I think he had some motor or transmission screws get loose for him to eat a spur.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I ordered 3 rw spurs. They are terrible, never lasting longer then 10 minutes. The durango spur i run a couple of wheeks and month in my dex and desc210.
sounds like user error to me....

RW spurs are the finest I have ever used. Very "round" and accurately machined over the molded gears
Old 01-02-2013, 10:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

hi there

has someone try to reaming out associated spur gears?
i need a 81 spur gear. the schmuacher will fit, i know.
rw spur gears: i dont like the quality of the rw spr gears. they are not round enough.
i like durango spur gears, good quality but 81 size is never avaible here.

i dont wanna to buy the tresrey slipper shaft.

someone try to reaming out the asso spur gears?
i run my dex210 with a 6.5 engine on carpet and want to gears with the smaller spur gear.

asso spur gears are always avaible, so i think its better to try this

thank you
We have a guy at our track that runs through spur gears like crazy... he just can't ever seem to get the mesh right on them... Maybe you should have some of your friends look at your gear mesh. If your typing is any indication of your attention to detail... you may have found your problem. Set your spur gear and then have someone check your gear mesh... those RW spurs are the best thing since sliced bread.... and if you're having an issue with them, then you are going to have an issue with any spur you touch. Spur gears should last longer than "a couple of wheeks and month".
Old 01-02-2013, 10:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Also, best way to set your gear mesh.. if you don't like to "eyeball" it:

Put on a pinion gear one tooth bigger than the one you want to run and put the gear mesh as far into the spur as you can get it. Make sure their is no gap between your teeth at all. Then tighten your motor. Take off the pinion and put the 1-tooth smaller pinion on. Voila, awesome gear mesh.... roll it around to make sure there aren't any gaps that are too big.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:01 AM
Tech Regular

hi there. i would order some new spurīs from rw. i think i got a couple of bad spurs from them.
i just have problem with this 3 rw spur gears. all others are fine.

i will post again

thank you
Old 01-02-2013, 11:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

hi there. i would order some new spurīs from rw. i think i got a couple of bad spurs from them.
i just have problem with this 3 rw spur gears. all others are fine.

i will post again

thank you
I don't think the problem is the spur gears themselves....

like stated above check your gear mesh. are you using the paper method or any other method or just eyeballing it
Old 01-02-2013, 11:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have toasted 1 rw spur. The motor moved on a big hit so that's to be expected. My current rw has been on for roughly 8 months racing avg 8+ nights a month plus practice. I think they are the best made.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:08 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JKRacing37
Thanks a lot, I appreciate that!

What are common parts to have in my pit box? Hobby shop at the track doesn't carry Durango parts so I need to have all the spares on hand myself. All I have seen broken at the track is a rear shock tower. We race ozite carpet over concrete, 2x4 boards - not a very forgiving track.
I would say shock towers, front & rear hubs and c-hubs, and maybe tranny cases, some have broken or pulled the ballstuds out of the mounts. I have had no issues with my car, I did let a friend drive it and he broke a c-hub for me..I have had my car since initial release, and its been very reliable..

Originally Posted by FRONTI3R
Yes they are. So therefore the best spur you could get. I don't understand why that other guy had issues with them? That's all i've been using for the past 9 months without an issue. I think he had some motor or transmission screws get loose for him to eat a spur.
Lol, I have seen this first hand, those screws like to move around if you don't loctite 'em..
Old 01-02-2013, 03:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ewashburnaf
Also, best way to set your gear mesh.. if you don't like to "eyeball" it:

Put on a pinion gear one tooth bigger than the one you want to run and put the gear mesh as far into the spur as you can get it. Make sure their is no gap between your teeth at all. Then tighten your motor. Take off the pinion and put the 1-tooth smaller pinion on. Voila, awesome gear mesh.... roll it around to make sure there aren't any gaps that are too big.
Hey thats a neat trick.. I have had a hard time explaining it to my boys how to set up gear mesh. This might help... Thanks
Old 01-02-2013, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zleader_99
Hey thats a neat trick.. I have had a hard time explaining it to my boys how to set up gear mesh. This might help... Thanks

ive been in the hobby 15+ years and i never even thought of that. ive used the paper method tho.

good idea.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:34 PM
P6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

so i just installed the losi lungsford turnbuckles with losi ball studs and titanium hinge pins on before the install i could feel a noticeable difference by hand my gram scale battery is dead or i would have weighed ,,im trying to figure out my bump steer the cf rack i have only has one centered hole my setup is very close to http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...2012072829.pdf ....i compensated for cold with 2.5wt under his f/r i get close to 0 bumpsteer with no spacers on steering knuckles or rack i have 37g added on the front but a 44g servo and 30g brass rf the buggy feels great with the sc10 gear diff but i feel like i have almost no on power steering any opinions? the only thing i can think of is more weight in front or black front springs for a little more roll
Old 01-02-2013, 05:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by P6
so i just installed the losi lungsford turnbuckles with losi ball studs and titanium hinge pins on before the install i could feel a noticeable difference by hand my gram scale battery is dead or i would have weighed ,,im trying to figure out my bump steer the cf rack i have only has one centered hole my setup is very close to http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...2012072829.pdf ....i compensated for cold with 2.5wt under his f/r i get close to 0 bumpsteer with no spacers on steering knuckles or rack i have 37g added on the front but a 44g servo and 30g brass rf the buggy feels great with the sc10 gear diff but i feel like i have almost no on power steering any opinions? the only thing i can think of is more weight in front or black front springs for a little more roll
The turnbuckles, and hinge pins are 1 gram each lighter, and each ball stud is .5 gram lighter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.