Old 12-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #9376
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 319 (100%+)

Mercenary Racer
jmoneym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:26 PM   #9377
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

New DEX210 owner here.. Quick question on the Tresrey CF rear inner camber mount. How many spacers do I want to put under the ballstud to get it to match stock height where it would sit on the transmission with none? Trying to match what I had (1mm on the trans).

And on the TD aluminum hubs, it looks like 3mm may be what's needed to get to match the stock plastic pieces?
xtraman122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:38 PM   #9378
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtraman122 View Post
New DEX210 owner here.. Quick question on the Tresrey CF rear inner camber mount. How many spacers do I want to put under the ballstud to get it to match stock height where it would sit on the transmission with none? Trying to match what I had (1mm on the trans).

And on the TD aluminum hubs, it looks like 3mm may be what's needed to get to match the stock plastic pieces?

2mm under the new link mount puts it at factory setting of 2mm under the ballstud mounted on the trans case. So 3mm would put you at the setting you had previously.

2.5mm did it for me on the aluminum hubs.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:40 PM   #9379
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny5 View Post
2mm under the new link mount puts it at factory setting of 2mm under the ballstud mounted on the trans case. So 3mm would put you at the setting you had previously.
Interesting, because they show 3mm in the illustration and then describe it as "may be the same with instructed on DEX210 instruction manual". Didn't know what they meant by the instruction manual (Default of 2mm like box setup or just zero'd out).

Anyone know a reason for the lack of crush tubes? Seemed odd for them to be missing and mine certainly seem to bind after being tightened up.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:43 PM   #9380
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cspurlock View Post
+1
U need to adjust your rear ball stud washer and your push will go away.
which way? i've tried reading the guides and other online "help" but it seems sometimes reality is different than theory.

so if the car has a bad push on corner exit, would I add another washer or subtract a washer from the stock 2mm setup?

theory from the hudy guide would say to ADD another washer to help lower the roll center.

if i were to take away the washer, to raise roll center, this would help on power traction which would cause it to push more.

what is actual reality then?

thanks guys. just had the buggy out for the first time today and starting from scratch.
Crawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #9381
Tech Master

One thing to keep in mind with the rear link is the angle of the link itself vs. the overall height. Changing the roll center would probably require raising or lowering both sides together (Think of where the middle of the turnbuckle will be at the end of making your changes, not necessarily either end). The angle of the link in relation to the arm is something different and will change the car in different ways.

Like you said, the only real way is to just try it, but I will say this. On the B4 they went to the C hubs (2mm lower) and lowered the inside end of the link by 2mm as well to help free it up off power and lock in a bit more on-power.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:05 PM   #9382
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:

Hey Pete,
Welcome to the group. If I can help just ask..

All my TD brothers , Merry Christmas.
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:53 PM   #9383
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Interesting, because they show 3mm in the illustration and then describe it as "may be the same with instructed on DEX210 instruction manual". Didn't know what they meant by the instruction manual (Default of 2mm like box setup or just zero'd out).

Anyone know a reason for the lack of crush tubes? Seemed odd for them to be missing and mine certainly seem to bind after being tightened up.
I think the 3mm reference was for MM config where the mount sits behind the trans.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:11 PM   #9384
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hello all, I just got a dex210 buggy. I have driven it only a few times and I like it so far. I have upgraded the towers and the bulkhead but I have a broken C hub upfront now. No one has the part in stock till February!!! I really want to get back on the track and learn to drive this thing, are there any aftermarket parts or options to use till the parts are in stock?
TLRrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:28 AM   #9385
Tech Champion
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLRrunner View Post
Hello all, I just got a dex210 buggy. I have driven it only a few times and I like it so far. I have upgraded the towers and the bulkhead but I have a broken C hub upfront now. No one has the part in stock till February!!! I really want to get back on the track and learn to drive this thing, are there any aftermarket parts or options to use till the parts are in stock?
YGPM-actually looks like they're in stock HERE

Last edited by flame56mx; 12-25-2012 at 08:05 AM.
flame56mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:18 AM   #9386
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawlin View Post
which way? i've tried reading the guides and other online "help" but it seems sometimes reality is different than theory.

so if the car has a bad push on corner exit, would I add another washer or subtract a washer from the stock 2mm setup?

theory from the hudy guide would say to ADD another washer to help lower the roll center.

if i were to take away the washer, to raise roll center, this would help on power traction which would cause it to push more.

what is actual reality then?

thanks guys. just had the buggy out for the first time today and starting from scratch.
Assuming your car was fine prior to putting on the gearbox fix, which was how I was interrupting your original post, I would remove a shim. The best thing if possible is to get a point of reference where the top of the ball stud originally sat in comparison to the buggy, I.e. the screw on the rear tower. Then try to align the new ball stud with the same point. That way u know u r good.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:10 AM   #9387
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

sorry, was starting with the box setup WITHOUT the camber link mod from tresrey. so the ball stud is on the gear case like stock with the 2mm shim the manual started with. so that would mean to add the shim

i have the aluminum hubs on it that I took off the short course truck figuring the buggy open wheel would benefit more compared to the truck. so I have the correct amount on that already to get it lined up. now its just on to tuning to get rid of some of this on power push
Crawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:23 PM   #9388
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Has anybody used a dex210 on oval before looking for any suggestions just got this one done and doing a late model next
Durango DEX210 Thread-image.jpg

Cfrkc.com
CRFRCBODIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:04 PM   #9389
Tech Initiate

What kind of bumper you have on your car?
247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:17 PM   #9390
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFRCBODIES View Post
Has anybody used a dex210 on oval before looking for any suggestions just got this one done and doing a late model next
Attachment 1008462

I like it! I am hoping that once I get two 210's, my 1st car will get turned into a dirt oval car! Would be interesting to hear how it works.
Dave