Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Durango DEX210 Thread >

Durango DEX210 Thread

Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Reply

Old 10-21-2011, 08:07 AM
  #916  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,846
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34 View Post
Ohh Gotchya. Those of you who are not using TD shock oil, what weight oil are you guys going with? losi, ae
35ae front and 30losi rear is where we started. Cush's first race is Sunday so we'll see how he likes it.
Jonny5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:13 AM
  #917  
Tech Regular
 
Doughty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 318
Default

Some Mid-Motor European DEX210 pics for you guys








Doughty is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:53 AM
  #918  
Tech Initiate
 
Torres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 38
Default

Does anybody know were there's a kit in stock at?? If not how long till the next batch comes in? Thanks
Torres is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:54 AM
  #919  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (52)
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,084
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

I heard batch2 will be 8 weeks... but who really knows.
Cpt.America is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:27 AM
  #920  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (127)
 
Glowster21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,624
Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Torres View Post
Does anybody know were there's a kit in stock at?? If not how long till the next batch comes in? Thanks
RC Madness in Enfield Connecticut has 1 left. He does mail order and Chris is a great guy. If you call him he can hook you up. www.rcmadness.com
Glowster21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:40 AM
  #921  
Team Tekin
iTrader: (6)
 
Randy_Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norcal
Posts: 9,910
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Ok had a good night at the track. I started off with the 4 gear setup and a shorty lipo since nobody has tried this combo on the team yet. The 4 gear setup has MAD forward bite. Everyone at the track commented on how fast I could get on the throttle and that I had to check up on people for the first 50 ft on the straight so I didn't run them over.

This is a work in progress setup. Having run the car I would like to go up in shock oil 50cst in front and 100cst in rear along with one stiffer spring rate in rear. The rear end squats hard getting on the gas so a stiffer rear will help.

The car has great steering and jumps very well. I let over a dozen guys try my car after the main enough times that I had to change the tires due to wear.
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-randy-pike-dex210-wip-setup.png  
Randy_Pike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:50 AM
  #922  
Tech Master
iTrader: (28)
 
TAMAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,954
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
Ok had a good night at the track. I started off with the 4 gear setup and a shorty lipo since nobody has tried this combo on the team yet. The 4 gear setup has MAD forward bite. Everyone at the track commented on how fast I could get on the throttle and that I had to check up on people for the first 50 ft on the straight so I didn't run them over.

This is a work in progress setup. Having run the car I would like to go up in shock oil 50cst in front and 100cst in rear along with one stiffer spring rate in rear. The rear end squats hard getting on the gas so a stiffer rear will help.

The car has great steering and jumps very well. I let over a dozen guys try my car after the main enough times that I had to change the tires due to wear.
Randy, did you install the optional weight set or your own?
TAMAK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:07 PM
  #923  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (52)
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,084
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
Ok had a good night at the track. I started off with the 4 gear setup and a shorty lipo since nobody has tried this combo on the team yet. The 4 gear setup has MAD forward bite. Everyone at the track commented on how fast I could get on the throttle and that I had to check up on people for the first 50 ft on the straight so I didn't run them over.

This is a work in progress setup. Having run the car I would like to go up in shock oil 50cst in front and 100cst in rear along with one stiffer spring rate in rear. The rear end squats hard getting on the gas so a stiffer rear will help.

The car has great steering and jumps very well. I let over a dozen guys try my car after the main enough times that I had to change the tires due to wear.
Awesome... I am anticipating the same results. Although, I started my build with 1.5 antisquat, and I see you ended up with 3.... I think I will end up there as well. Before you worry about a stiffer spring and heavier oil in the rear, simply change your leverage first... outer hole on the rear arm, and/or move out on the holes on the shock tower. This will reduce leverage against the shock, in both spring resistance and damping together.
Cpt.America is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:20 PM
  #924  
Team Tekin
iTrader: (6)
 
Randy_Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norcal
Posts: 9,910
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TAMAK View Post
Randy, did you install the optional weight set or your own?
No, I did add 30g's behind/underneath the servo. I use a savox mini servo. Along with that and the shorty pack the car needed some weight in the front.
Randy_Pike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:21 PM
  #925  
Team Tekin
iTrader: (6)
 
Randy_Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norcal
Posts: 9,910
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Yeah no doubt moving the shocks may net me the results I wanted as well. I simply couldn't work on the car because everyone was too busy looking at it.
Randy_Pike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:34 PM
  #926  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (94)
 
teeforb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego & Compton CA
Posts: 7,258
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
Yeah no doubt moving the shocks may net me the results I wanted as well. I simply couldn't work on the car because everyone was too busy looking at it.
Hey Randy,

exactly what are you not liking about your setup? I will start my build tonight. Shall i try the 4 gear setup?

thx
teeforb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:34 PM
  #927  
Team Tekin
iTrader: (6)
 
Randy_Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norcal
Posts: 9,910
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

And since we're showing off paint...
Randy_Pike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:35 PM
  #928  
Team Tekin
iTrader: (6)
 
Randy_Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norcal
Posts: 9,910
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by teeforb View Post
Hey Randy,

exactly what are you not liking about your setup? I will start my build tonight. Shall i try the 4 gear setup?

thx
I think it was just a little soft in the rear. Yes if you're running on a track where forward bite is at a premium than I would try the 4 gear.
Randy_Pike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:47 PM
  #929  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,688
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Thumbs up

i just saw one of these cars in person.it looks very nice!! was amazed!
toyota 2jz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:24 PM
  #930  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (52)
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,084
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

1. Anybody else notice that you cannot run holes 1 or 2 (the outside two holes) on the rear hubs? The angle of the turn buckle doesn't allow it.

2. Factory setup introduces a lot of in-bumpsteer. 1 extra mm of washers needed under the ballstud on the turnblock to get closer to 0 bumpsteer (don't know exactly how much yet, haven't played)
Cpt.America is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service