Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Durango DEX210 Thread >

Durango DEX210 Thread

Like Tree67Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Reply

Old 12-09-2012, 11:02 AM
  #9106  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
symmetricon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: houston
Posts: 4,857
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by majorsmx521 View Post
Hey guys
what are the options for rear camber plates? tresrey and???
thanks
As you can see in the pic I posted yesterday, I have a rear camber piece made by rcshox.com it does its job perfectly.
symmetricon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:05 AM
  #9107  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
symmetricon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: houston
Posts: 4,857
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by M3Man03 View Post
Why not move the battery up slightly instead of adding weight?
Sorry, I should have multi quoted. Anyways, like I said, my local track is very low traction and the car just feels better like this. I am still trying to get is dialed all the way in, and am very close, just need to get the front dampening correct.
symmetricon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:10 AM
  #9108  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (44)
 
majorsmx521's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 306
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by symmetricon View Post
As you can see in the pic I posted yesterday, I have a rear camber piece made by rcshox.com it does its job perfectly.
thanks!! it looks very trick
majorsmx521 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:20 AM
  #9109  
Tech Master
iTrader: (12)
 
Woulvesbaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,294
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Defective part

So far, I really like this car despite how much work it needs out of the box. In getting the car dialed (by Cspurlock!), we noticed that my near brand new car has a defective driveshaft (310253).

The pin that hooks up to the outdrive is really loose. I will try to threadlock this, but at best it's only a temp solution.

Anyone have any luck with replacement of defective parts from TD? Any suggestions on who to contact?

If it's not too much of a PITA, I'll contact them as, in addition to buying a new dimec chassis, and body, a gear cover that fits over a stock pinion, AND ballcups, I'll already be investing $80+ dollars into this buggy and would prefer to avoid having to shell out another $20 for a pair of 310253 driveshafts.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.
Woulvesbaine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:30 AM
  #9110  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
Matt Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 5,952
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Woulvesbaine View Post
So far, I really like this car despite how much work it needs out of the box. In getting the car dialed (by Cspurlock!), we noticed that my near brand new car has a defective driveshaft (310253).

The pin that hooks up to the outdrive is really loose. I will try to threadlock this, but at best it's only a temp solution.

Anyone have any luck with replacement of defective parts from TD? Any suggestions on who to contact?

If it's not too much of a PITA, I'll contact them as, in addition to buying a new dimec chassis, and body, a gear cover that fits over a stock pinion, AND ballcups, I'll already be investing $80+ dollars into this buggy and would prefer to avoid having to shell out another $20 for a pair of 310253 driveshafts.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.
you mean the pin that goes into the hex on the axle? those are a loose fit, put a drop of threadlock on them before you slide them in and they'll stay in place.
Matt Howard is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:37 AM
  #9111  
Tech Master
iTrader: (12)
 
Woulvesbaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,294
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Matt Howard View Post
you mean the pin that goes into the hex on the axle? those are a loose fit, put a drop of threadlock on them before you slide them in and they'll stay in place.
No, sorry, I mean the pin that fits into driveshaft and connects into the outdrive (where it gets powered by the gearbox).

With the amount of weight and force, I'm not sure that threadlock will hold forever there. Guess I'll find out!

This is the driveshaft with the pin:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Team-Durango...-/290759465929

I'm going to buy some read threadlock, so hopefully that will fix it.
Woulvesbaine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:41 AM
  #9112  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
Matt Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 5,952
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Woulvesbaine View Post
No, sorry, I mean the pin that fits into driveshaft and connects into the outdrive (where it gets powered by the gearbox).

With the amount of weight and force, I'm not sure that threadlock will hold forever there. Guess I'll find out!

This is the driveshaft with the pin:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Team-Durango...-/290759465929

I'm going to buy some read threadlock, so hopefully that will fix it.
first I've heard of that problem, do you have a pic?
Matt Howard is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:52 AM
  #9113  
Tech Master
iTrader: (12)
 
Woulvesbaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,294
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Matt Howard View Post
first I've heard of that problem, do you have a pic?
Here is a pic. Hopefully, it shows the issue. I've not seen this before either with any car (and I've owned dozens).
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-driveshaft.jpg  
Woulvesbaine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:55 AM
  #9114  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
symmetricon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: houston
Posts: 4,857
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Woulvesbaine View Post
Here is a pic. Hopefully, it shows the issue. I've not seen this before either with any car (and I've owned dozens).
This is defiantly an isolated incident. I'm sure TD would replace it for you.
symmetricon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:55 AM
  #9115  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
Matt Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 5,952
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Woulvesbaine View Post
Here is a pic. Hopefully, it shows the issue. I've not seen this before either with any car (and I've owned dozens).
wow, never saw that problem before. I'd definetly be calling Durango to get a replacement
Matt Howard is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:56 AM
  #9116  
Tech Master
iTrader: (12)
 
Woulvesbaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,294
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Woulvesbaine View Post
Here is a pic. Hopefully, it shows the issue. I've not seen this before either with any car (and I've owned dozens).
Here is a larger pic. Struggling a bit with google plus instant upload. I need to find a better solution than that as well. hehe.
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-2012-12-09_11-45-53_479.jpg  
Woulvesbaine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:04 PM
  #9117  
Tech Master
iTrader: (12)
 
Woulvesbaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,294
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Matt Howard View Post
wow, never saw that problem before. I'd definetly be calling Durango to get a replacement
217-398-3630 is the number for Hobbico. I'll give them a try on Monday (I'm sure they're closed on Sunday). If anyone sees reads this and has an email I should use, please let me know.

It's probably more efficient to send them a pic, so they know what I'm talking about as well.
Woulvesbaine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:05 PM
  #9118  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (112)
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Janesville, Wisconsin
Posts: 2,861
Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by symmetricon View Post
I run on a very low traction track, lots of loam, and between the 3 gear and the 4 gear the increase in on power traction is very helpful. Its funny, the tires of choice are the old school step pins or ifmar studs.
Thank you for the info. The track that I race on is a medium to high bite dirt track(would say its close to a clay track). The track is not 100% clay. I am also only running blinky/17.5. I was wondering if this would help in a stock class or be a bad choice. Bar codes are the tire of choice too.
Dave
dragracer72nova is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:13 PM
  #9119  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
symmetricon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: houston
Posts: 4,857
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dragracer72nova View Post
Thank you for the info. The track that I race on is a medium to high bite dirt track(would say its close to a clay track). The track is not 100% clay. I am also only running blinky/17.5. I was wondering if this would help in a stock class or be a bad choice. Bar codes are the tire of choice too.
Dave
I would hate to give bad advice on the matter since our respective tracks are completely different, but if you have time to play around and try it, its worth a shot. What is your setup anyways? Maybe the prevailing minds here can point you in the right direction.
symmetricon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:46 PM
  #9120  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,130
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

well 1st race in with the buggy. i have the rtr version. i did nothing to it but change rear tires to suburbs and a better servo and radio.

how the car felt: it pushed really bad and was sometimes loose. changed shock positions and it seemed to help but the track was drier and that brought up traction issues.

also and this is a big one for me, once in awhile landing off of jumps the car would do a complete 180. i found that odd.

any advice would be great , thanks Geo
twisted is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service