Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Durango DEX210 Thread >

Durango DEX210 Thread

Like Tree78Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Reply

Old 10-19-2011, 11:34 AM
  #796  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (52)
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,084
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

A couple other comments about the buggy I forgot to toss out there:

1. The diff is straight up amazing... Super robust diff screw, (14) 3mm balls, massive rings, high quality outdrives... amazing. I went right for ceramic 3mm and thrust cage right off the bat. This will be the diff that all past and future ball diffs will be measured against.

2. The rear hubs, bearing sizes, and captured CVDs are amazing... They look like they belong on an 8th scale or something
Cpt.America is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:36 AM
  #797  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
Jmuck69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Posts: 5,061
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
A couple other comments about the buggy I forgot to toss out there:

1. The diff is straight up amazing... Super robust diff screw, (14) 3mm balls, massive rings, high quality outdrives... amazing. I went right for ceramic 3mm and thrust cage right off the bat. This will be the diff that all past and future ball diffs will be measured against.

2. The rear hubs, bearing sizes, and captured CVDs are amazing... They look like they belong on an 8th scale or something
What thrust cage did you spec?
Jmuck69 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:41 AM
  #798  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (14)
 
t8rtot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,010
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
But I would imagine that the US is at least half the market, no?
no.. not even close.. compared to the WORLD? all of europe, ALL of asia, south africa, middle east etc.. i wouldn't be surprised if we weren't even 1/3rd...

if you look at the results on european 4wd races.. if there are 50 cars at a race 20 are durangos then another 20 are AE. no race events will have numbers like that here.

i don't think anywhere in the world even runs (super) stock classes. only here in the US they want everyone to be a winner.
t8rtot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:59 AM
  #799  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (52)
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,084
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jmuck69 View Post
What thrust cage did you spec?
I think this is the one:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...g-w-SiNi-Balls
Cpt.America is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:02 PM
  #800  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (52)
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,084
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by t8rtot View Post
only here in the US they want everyone to be a winner.
You can come on down to my track and ill show you how to be a loser I kid!! I kid!! .. Seriously though, thanks for the info... is 87 the gear they chose because they run much larger outdoor tracks in Europe with hotter motors? Here everybody runs 8.5s or 9.5s... and we all run 81 spurs.
Cpt.America is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:08 PM
  #801  
Team Tekin
iTrader: (6)
 
Randy_Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norcal
Posts: 9,877
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I think a lot of it has to do with the mid/rear motor configuration and weight placement of the motor.

I agree that a nice range of spur gears would be nice. We've already passed this info onto the powers that be. They're already working on it.

You can tell by the evolution of just the Dex410 car that TD listens to the users and customers to make a better product. The V3 has subtle yet powerful changes to make it not only more affordable but a winning setup right out of the box.
Randy_Pike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:12 PM
  #802  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
Jmuck69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Posts: 5,061
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
I think a lot of it has to do with the mid/rear motor configuration and weight placement of the motor.

I agree that a nice range of spur gears would be nice. We've already passed this info onto the powers that be. They're already working on it.

You can tell by the evolution of just the Dex410 car that TD listens to the users and customers to make a better product. The V3 has subtle yet powerful changes to make it not only more affordable but a winning setup right out of the box.
This is why i'm making the jump from AE to Durango.
Jmuck69 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:14 PM
  #803  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 456
Default

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
They are working on other spur gears. Yes the car is a 2.6 ratio car.

They don't run 17.5 overseas very often especially in offroad. That is a very US type scenario.

I'm fitting a short Protek in mine right now.
Personally I'd just get RW Racing to do them for TD
mikeyscott is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:52 PM
  #804  
Tech Apprentice
 
Billy Fischer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: KBRL
Posts: 76
Default

Originally Posted by Matt Howard View Post
There's a couple setups from Billy Fischer on the Durango site now. One with 3 gear transmission and one with 4 gear, both rear motor.
Sorry for the confusion.. I guess I didnt check the correct box for the 3 or 4 gear selection for the SRS setup sheet. Both setups should say "3 gear" configuration.
Billy Fischer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 04:05 PM
  #805  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
ABBOTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: St Charles ,MO
Posts: 1,207
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by t8rtot View Post
only here in the US they want everyone to be a winner.
SOOOOO true

Will someone please stroke my ego?
ABBOTT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 04:11 PM
  #806  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (13)
 
rcman182006's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pleasantville, OH
Posts: 779
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Just sold my Kyosho stuff and placed my 210 on backorder on A-main (unless there is a place I can get it faster )
rcman182006 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 04:58 PM
  #807  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (94)
 
teeforb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego & Compton CA
Posts: 7,258
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rcman182006 View Post
Just sold my Kyosho stuff and placed my 210 on backorder on A-main (unless there is a place I can get it faster )
me, for a $40 fee
teeforb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:11 PM
  #808  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (13)
 
rcman182006's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pleasantville, OH
Posts: 779
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by teeforb View Post
me, for a $40 fee
PM sent
rcman182006 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:06 PM
  #809  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
Quad Racer 34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: OHIO
Posts: 2,973
Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Default

The car felt great on the track! Tons of steering without breaking the rear end loose. I like it. Didn't get much running on it though. I brushed the wall after a jump and broke a caster block... Not really sure how it broke but oh well. Parts should be here tomorrow or Friday and we'll try it again this weekend.
Quad Racer 34 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:23 PM
  #810  
Tech Addict
 
trx-1racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chandler/Tucson
Posts: 676
Default

Originally Posted by Billy Fischer View Post
Sorry for the confusion.. I guess I didnt check the correct box for the 3 or 4 gear selection for the SRS setup sheet. Both setups should say "3 gear" configuration.
Hey Fish Daddy, good luck at SIGP this weekend!
trx-1racer is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service