Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 10:44 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

What's a good set up for a med to high bite indoor track..no water they just sweep the track. I just got the buggy used and it pushes like a freight train..Any help is going to be appreciated..
Old 08-20-2012, 11:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oasis
What's a good set up for a med to high bite indoor track..no water they just sweep the track. I just got the buggy used and it pushes like a freight train..Any help is going to be appreciated..
Well with the setup you have... (yeah I can't mind read) post that first
Old 08-20-2012, 11:35 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by onekiwi
Well with the setup you have... (yeah I can't mind read) post that first
Well for one it didn't come with any set up sheets, two didn't really need a smart ass answer..but thanks anyway..I guess I should remember this is RC tech and generally when you ask a question you only get..well responses such as yours..
Old 08-20-2012, 11:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well for one it didn't come with any set up sheets, two didn't really need a smart ass answer..but thanks anyway..I guess I should remember this is RC tech and generally when you ask a question you only get..well responses such as yours..
Well Im sure if you look back over the thread the same question has been asked several times.
All replys are wanting to know what your running, how else are we supposed to help if you don't give up the facts. It could be as little as shock oil /springs or even just tires, but who could know?

No setup sheet, well get the blank one from TD and start filling in the boxes you can work out most of them, and hopefully the oils is the coloured losi stuff
Old 08-21-2012, 12:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Thanks for all the gearing replies guys.. Guess I was close! haha

First run on a track with the Dingo comes in the AM. Yay!
Old 08-21-2012, 02:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

The best thing you can do so we can help is to post as much of your current setup as you can.
Do you run shorty or full size lipo?

This car does need some weight up front. I have 3/4 oz tucked inside the front blulkhead.

Check ride height...should be around 24mm to start +/-.5mm

Lots of setups here as well
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...ngoDEX210.html
Old 08-21-2012, 06:27 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by kwiksi
The best thing you can do so we can help is to post as much of your current setup as you can.
Do you run shorty or full size lipo?

This car does need some weight up front. I have 3/4 oz tucked inside the front blulkhead.

Check ride height...should be around 24mm to start +/-.5mm

Lots of setups here as well
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...ngoDEX210.html
Ok..as I had said..the car came with no set up sheet, so I don't know what shock oil is in it, I also don't know what inserts are on the car..all I was looking for was a set up to start with..on the SC10 4x4 thread when people ask a similar question we (posters in the thread) will tell them to try Kodys set up or Bk's indoor set up..this was all I was asking. I'm still wondering what knowing my curent set up (that I DON'T KNOW) is going to do..I mean other than tearing my car down and putting it back together with the same or stock set up (and I know that the set up that's on the car doesn't work and from what I understand the stock set up isn't that good for hi bite indoor tracks)..So yeah..thanks, guess I'll look elsewhere for help..

Last edited by Oasis; 08-21-2012 at 06:43 AM.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Ok..as I had said..the car came with no set up sheet, so I don't know what shock oil is, I also don't know what inserts are on the car..all I was looking for was a set up to start with..on the SC10 4x4 thread when people ask a similar question we (posters in the thread) will tell them to try Kodys set up or Bk's indoor set up..this was all I was asking. I'm still wondering what knowing my curent set up (that I DON'T KNOW) is going to do..I mean other than tearing my car and putting it back together with the same or stock set up..yeah..thanks, guess I'll look elsewhere for help..
Since you dont know your current set up i would say pick one off of petitrc.com that matches your track conditions, for example Cush's clay set up, and start changing one thing at a time to match his set up. I did that with my 22. Started with the stock set up and started to copy Evans set up one thing at a time so i knew what each change did for the car.

It appears there is no golden ticket set up for this car like some other brands have. Just look at some of the set ups on petitrc... the set ups vary wildly even on the same track.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

your not driving an AE anymore.. you want to put the stock setup on it before trying something from some track under some conditions that aren't like yours.. see were we're going here.. you would know just as much about the new setup as the old one.

get a handle on what your running. then give us that info. MM3/MM4, RM3/RM4.. springs and stuff.. you may already be close and just need roll center change or a simple spring change.

just throwing a random setup on the car is a horrible way to get started with a new kit. chances are you wont like it either, blame the car, sell it, and then we'll have another anti-durango guy turning guys away from a good kit.

if you don't wanna do the homework on your own stuff, why should we?
Old 08-21-2012, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by t8rtot
your not driving an AE anymore.. you want to put the stock setup on it before trying something from some track under some conditions that aren't like yours.. see were we're going here.. you would know just as much about the new setup as the old one.

get a handle on what your running. then give us that info. MM3/MM4, RM3/RM4.. springs and stuff.. you may already be close and just need roll center change or a simple spring change.

just throwing a random setup on the car is a horrible way to get started with a new kit. chances are you wont like it either, blame the car, sell it, and then we'll have another anti-durango guy turning guys away from a good kit.

If someone rccommends a set up is it still considered random?
Old 08-21-2012, 07:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by zipperfoot
Since you dont know your current set up i would say pick one off of petitrc.com that matches your track conditions, for example Cush's clay set up, and start changing one thing at a time to match his set up. I did that with my 22. Started with the stock set up and started to copy Evans set up one thing at a time so i knew what each change did for the car.

It appears there is no golden ticket set up for this car like some other brands have. Just look at some of the set ups on petitrc... the set ups vary wildly even on the same track.
Let me clarify too by saying i started to copy a well known and popular set up but found some of the changes did not work for me. I ended up with a hybrid set up. Like another said, you need to do the work.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:23 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by t8rtot

Sounds like a good idea..the anti-Durango thing works for me....you guys fix the 410SC problems..yet..
Old 08-21-2012, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Sounds like a good idea..the anti-Durango thing works for me....you guys fix the 410SC problems..yet..
Man, seriously no one has said anything unreasonable to you. They are asking you to help them in order to help you. If you at least tell what your driving style is, then someone can suggest a setup if you insist on copying one to start with. The thing is, you could copy Jorn's Reedy setup, but if you don't drive with his precision it likely won't work for you. Cush's clay setup on PetitRC works awesome for him- he drives the very hard and likes a ton of steering. If that's not what you like, it likely wont work for you either. The best thing to do is record what your current setup is, and then say "it does this or doesn't do that". If the only thing you can't figure is shock oil in the current setup, we can get that sorted once we know what springs and pistons are on it.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:44 AM
Tech Master

He asks a question and then starts attacking people. I see one of these every so often. Time to move on.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Stiffen up the rear. Toe out the front. My work is done here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.