R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree44Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-16-2012, 07:15 PM   #7261
Tech Elite
 
kwiksi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 2,501
Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kwiksi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipperfoot View Post
Really sitting on the fence trying to decide whether or not to buy this car. I tried the 22 but never quite got it dialed to my liking. The B4.1 was pretty good out of the box, and really good with some minor mods.

I really like the quality of Durango, and even though my local shops do not stock parts, I can order them online in bulk. Recently I have found most of the local shops carry less and less of the most used parts for the B4 and 22 anyway.

So before I pull the trigger, I read several thousand pages on this thread, and based on your suggestions, I will only need a few minor parts to make the car bullet proof.

What are the most common parts to break and what should I stock up on?
Who's set up should I start out with as a baseline for a medium bite, outdoor dirt and clay track? What about indoor clay?
The buggy is real durable. I def would get the carbon/alum steering plate. Just the std...towers, arms, etc. I have only broke a rear tower since the car first came out. I have a lot of nip that never get touched. Lol.
I have a nice low to med traction outdoor setup listed here. I really like the benefits of RM4 outdoors where grip low to med.
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...603/index.html

There are many other setups you can choose from for specific conditions as well here. http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...ngoDEX210.html
__________________
Thanks in 2017 to

Xray/RC America - JConcepts - Trinity - Sanwa - Hobbywing - Exotek - PT Racing Oils -Schelle
kwiksi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:19 PM   #7262
Tech Elite
 
slow_jun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: sa Earth
Posts: 2,724
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default dex 210 part Numbers

Guys,

need your help, can someone direct me to the full DEX 210 Gear diff parts lists Link/site, Im trying to get all these parts from Amain, dont ask why please... and please dont tell me just get the whole set from Tower, reason why is shipping is much cheaper at Amain than in tower... thats the reason.. hahahah...

Im missing this two parts, Highlighted below.



can some one give the link/ part numbers so that i could proceed to order it at amain.

note. E clips is already taken care off.

is the shim on the top most part this one , for the oring washer cover?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...mm-Shim-Set-10


and the lower shims ( gear shims) , is it this one?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...mm-Shim-Set-10

and the screws , is it this one?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...x-Screw-Set-10



thanks again guys..
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mag 3 taon, tapos isalpak pa sa PAGMUMUKHA KO......... tagal....Deeeeymmm!!!

Last edited by slow_jun; 08-16-2012 at 08:50 PM.
slow_jun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:55 PM   #7263
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,844
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow_jun View Post
Guys,

need your help, can someone direct me to the full DEX 210 Gear diff parts lists Link/site, Im trying to get all these parts from Amain, dont ask why please... and please dont tell me just get the whole set from Tower, reason why is shipping is much cheaper at Amain than in tower... thats the reason.. hahahah...

Im missing this two parts, Highlighted below.



can some one give the link/ part numbers so that i could proceed to order it at amain.

note. E clips is already taken care off.

is the shim on the top most part this one , for the oring washer cover?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...mm-Shim-Set-10


and the lower shims ( gear shims) , is it this one?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...mm-Shim-Set-10

and the screws , is it this one?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...x-Screw-Set-10



thanks again guys..
You've got them right man.
__________________
XRAY, RC America, MOTIV, Sanwa, Arrowmax, Neverlift Racing Apparel
Jonny5ive Designs- by racers, for racers!
Jonny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:56 PM   #7264
Tech Elite
 
slow_jun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: sa Earth
Posts: 2,724
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny5 View Post
You've got them right man.
Hi Johnny5

thanks you so much Sir... you dont know how much you helped me... hahaha..

thanks a million...
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mag 3 taon, tapos isalpak pa sa PAGMUMUKHA KO......... tagal....Deeeeymmm!!!
slow_jun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:58 PM   #7265
Tech Master
 
zipperfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,130
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiksi View Post
The buggy is real durable. I def would get the carbon/alum steering plate. Just the std...towers, arms, etc. I have only broke a rear tower since the car first came out. I have a lot of nip that never get touched. Lol.
I have a nice low to med traction outdoor setup listed here. I really like the benefits of RM4 outdoors where grip low to med.
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...603/index.html

There are many other setups you can choose from for specific conditions as well here. http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...ngoDEX210.html
Thanks for the help and info! I never had this kind of support with other brands.
zipperfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:31 PM   #7266
Tech Master
 
Tate72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,144
Trader Rating: 52 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipperfoot View Post
Thanks for the help and info! I never had this kind of support with other brands.

And this is why Team Durango will be on top!!
__________________
Team Durango, http://www.team-durango.com/
TrakPower Speed Equipment, http://www.trakpowerusa.com/
DE Racing, http://www.deracing.net/
WWW.JCPRCRACEWAY.COM
Tate72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:36 PM   #7267
Tech Regular
 
snaketaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North Glendale, AZ Las Vegas, NV.
Posts: 391
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Thinking about trying the gear diff just for fun. What fluid should I start with for a low to medium out door track? Thanks for all the help.
__________________
My apologies for any errors in grammar, and spelling. It's a forum not a term paper! STADIUM TRUCK FOREVER!!!
Some day I want to be one of the guys with the cool T shirts and fancy stickers. I bet they get all the girls!
snaketaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:47 PM   #7268
Tech Master
 
zipperfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,130
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaketaco View Post
Thinking about trying the gear diff just for fun. What fluid should I start with for a low to medium out door track? Thanks for all the help.
Ive read a popular choice is to coat the parts with AE black grease.
zipperfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:09 PM   #7269
P6
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: il
Posts: 683
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

anyone try out the revolution designs bass front suspension block yet or how about the exotech rear hubs , the ball stud moved to the next hole over on a really light hit so i was thinking aluminum would be good , and the suspension block is just weight to the front for my aggressive bad driver style and it looks easier to clean than plastic
P6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:17 AM   #7270
Tech Elite
 
DBL15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 3,171
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaketaco View Post
Thinking about trying the gear diff just for fun. What fluid should I start with for a low to medium out door track? Thanks for all the help.
Black grease mate just enough to cover the gears.

Will take about 2 or 3 lipos to loosen up then they are perfect
__________________
C/O Coast2coastrc (www.coast2coastrc.com.au) SMC Lipo
Tekno Rc , Team Tekin , Panther-Rc , De Racing , Upgrade Rc , Team Triton rc , M2C clutches , Nitro X fuels
DBL15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:26 AM   #7271
Tech Regular
 
snaketaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North Glendale, AZ Las Vegas, NV.
Posts: 391
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBL15 View Post
Black grease mate just enough to cover the gears.

Will take about 2 or 3 lipos to loosen up then they are perfect
Cool black grease it is. Sounds easy enough. Thanks
__________________
My apologies for any errors in grammar, and spelling. It's a forum not a term paper! STADIUM TRUCK FOREVER!!!
Some day I want to be one of the guys with the cool T shirts and fancy stickers. I bet they get all the girls!
snaketaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:09 AM   #7272
Tech Elite
 
kwiksi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 2,501
Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kwiksi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipperfoot View Post
Thanks for the help and info! I never had this kind of support with other brands.
Your welcome. That's what we're here for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tate72 View Post
And this is why Team Durango will be on top!!
__________________
Thanks in 2017 to

Xray/RC America - JConcepts - Trinity - Sanwa - Hobbywing - Exotek - PT Racing Oils -Schelle
kwiksi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:46 PM   #7273
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: HB, CA
Posts: 715
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default diff

I wanted to ask anyone here that has tried the sc10 gear diff in the car for some help. I would be interested to know if you did anything other than just shim it(which is all that I have read)? I am trying to fit a B4.1 diff in my buggy and it seems that the gear is a little smaller in diameter, so assuming the sc10 diff was the same size I was wondering how you dealt with that?

And to answer the question that I know is coming, I am doing it because the outdrives on this car suck! I know some of you don't have problems, but I also know a lot of people that do, and I unfortunately fall into the latter, so I want a solution.

Thanks in advance!
__________________
MBX6-ECO, B5m
Cspurlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:08 PM   #7274
Tech Elite
 
EvanAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,912
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cspurlock View Post
I wanted to ask anyone here that has tried the sc10 gear diff in the car for some help. I would be interested to know if you did anything other than just shim it(which is all that I have read)? I am trying to fit a B4.1 diff in my buggy and it seems that the gear is a little smaller in diameter, so assuming the sc10 diff was the same size I was wondering how you dealt with that?

And to answer the question that I know is coming, I am doing it because the outdrives on this car suck! I know some of you don't have problems, but I also know a lot of people that do, and I unfortunately fall into the latter, so I want a solution.

Thanks in advance!
I have a B4/SC10 BALL diff in mine, it requires 2 bearings on each side and shrink wrap on the outdrives to take up the slop. I just had it apart changing it from RM4 to RM3 and should have taken pics.

Hope this helps.
__________________
**Over The Top RC - Cars for Kids Program**

***Looking for a responsible person to help run the track and program***

Last edited by EvanAZ; 08-17-2012 at 04:08 PM. Reason: ball diff not gear
EvanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:24 PM   #7275
Tech Regular
 
kbish76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: LV NV
Posts: 351
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Thanks

Thank you all for the info and help regarding the set-ups and lipo choices. It's almost ready to run! I will let you know how it goes.
kbish76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St Ives RC Club B4Bandit Australian Racing 16584 12-06-2017 03:53 AM
EPMTs check in here. (a subsidiary of TNT) overtki11 Singapore R/C Racers 55470 05-08-2017 12:57 AM
Team Durango DEX410 ASH93A Australian Racing 925 04-08-2013 10:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:24 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net