R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree44Likes

Old 07-17-2012, 07:26 PM   #6871
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey guys I am about to order my Dex210 and I AM STOKED! I have a race comming up and I need to know what motor and esc to run? I was thinking an Orion vortex motor with a tekin rs pro esc. I hear the motor has tons of power and I wsaa thinking of useing the 8.5 turn motor. Also what battery would you reccomend? I am asking all this because I am new to 1/10 buggy and I am stepping down from 1/10 short course and this change is a huge difference. Any help would be greatly appriceated. Cheers
Team Durango + Savox + Futaba + Tekin + AKA + GensAce + Upgrade + Exotek =WIN
heygobenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:43 PM   #6872
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwkpony View Post
But twice the weight of the Lunsford kit.
ITS ALL GOOD ALL BALANCED ON EACH END ))

Team DE Racing
cliffhanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:32 PM   #6873
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heygobenny View Post
hey guys I am about to order my Dex210 and I AM STOKED! I have a race comming up and I need to know what motor and esc to run? I was thinking an Orion vortex motor with a tekin rs pro esc. I hear the motor has tons of power and I wsaa thinking of useing the 8.5 turn motor. Also what battery would you reccomend? I am asking all this because I am new to 1/10 buggy and I am stepping down from 1/10 short course and this change is a huge difference. Any help would be greatly appriceated. Cheers
I think if u asked that question to ten people, you would get ten different answers. What u listed is fine. 8.5 is plenty of power and just pick whatever brand u feel comfortable with. As far as the battery, u can run full size or shorty if u r running mod, ur choice. If u r planning on running stock, I would go with a shorty. Just pick a setup that uses the same battery.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:12 PM   #6874
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nolimit208 Send a message via MSN to nolimit208

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffhanger View Post
ITS ALL GOOD ALL BALANCED ON EACH END ))
How I see it.
nolimit208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:00 PM   #6875
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

So I ran my 210 for asecond time last night and did pretty good, winning the B main by alot ith a tim fast enough for 3rd in the A, but my A main run wasn't nerly as good. It was getting pretty dark so alot of people had visibility issues, but biggest isue was you couldn't see he umps on the track so between that and te line was getting dusty rom people getting ut of te grove Ididn' do well at all, 2 laps slower, so almost a mie slower. In the B I lckedsom on power steering. Right now I'm running 4rm and 0* anti squat so I'm hiking of going to 3rm and 3* and playing with anti squate from there since I have all 3 blocks (and about 10 of each still for sale). I'm really likeing the car and it seems strong enough with the alloy steering rack and RF pivot.

Unortunatly it isn't looking like I'll have the +8m chassis ready to go by the end of the month like I had hoped, one of the CNC's is stil down At least I'll have a new body for our big race at the end of the month and might have a box full of dboot tires to test as well.
Great Hobbies, Hobbico, Skyrc, Exotek
rcjunky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:08 PM   #6876
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kwiksi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjunky1 View Post
So I ran my 210 for asecond time last night and did pretty good, winning the B main by alot ith a tim fast enough for 3rd in the A, but my A main run wasn't nerly as good. It was getting pretty dark so alot of people had visibility issues, but biggest isue was you couldn't see he umps on the track so between that and te line was getting dusty rom people getting ut of te grove Ididn' do well at all, 2 laps slower, so almost a mie slower. In the B I lckedsom on power steering. Right now I'm running 4rm and 0* anti squat so I'm hiking of going to 3rm and 3* and playing with anti squate from there since I have all 3 blocks (and about 10 of each still for sale). I'm really likeing the car and it seems strong enough with the alloy steering rack and RF pivot.

Unortunatly it isn't looking like I'll have the +8m chassis ready to go by the end of the month like I had hoped, one of the CNC's is stil down At least I'll have a new body for our big race at the end of the month and might have a box full of dboot tires to test as well.
Post your whole setup. What are track conditions like? What tires are all the fast guys running?

Xray/RC America - JConcepts - Trinity - Sanwa - Hobbywing - Exotek - PT Racing Oils -Schelle
kwiksi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:50 PM   #6877
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (98%+)

Well I think I'm going to try the DEX210 out. I have a B4.1 now that I have ran about a hand full of times. So I figure it won't hurt much in switching to the 210.
Can anybody give me any insight on the 210 if they have run the B4.1 to, so I know about what to expect trying the 210?

Thanks for any help and I'm sure Ill be back. LOL!!

I have a lot of reading to do on this thread.
WWW.JCPRCRACEWAY.COM
Tate72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:47 PM   #6878
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiksi View Post
Post your whole setup. What are track conditions like? What tires are all the fast guys running?
Heres the basics

front
30* caster
inline axles
1.3x6 pistons
losi 27.5 oil
stock springs
full droop
JC rips

rear
4rm
0* toe hubs
1.2x6 pistons
losi 27.5 oil
stock springs
0* antisquate
full droop
JC double dees

I only lacked a bit of on power steering so I was thinking 3rm might be the solution, thinking of it now, I should of tried less droop, but ya never think of changes at the track. At the biginning of the night I ran proline m3 step pins, for the last heat I ran the double dees as all the dust/loose stuff was out of the grouve so the line was hard packed and the tires hooked up real good, I don't think that was the issue. In just over a week we're having a big race (300 entries) and most of the Team Great Hobbies/Durango team will be there so I'm sure I'll have it dialed then, but I think 3rm or 4mm will be the ticket as going by last year, when the track is all done nice and smooth, the grip gets pretty high as its clay.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:07 PM   #6879
Tech Elite

Quote:
Heres the basics

front
30* caster
inline axles
1.3x6 pistons
losi 27.5 oil
stock springs
full droop
JC rips

rear
4rm
0* toe hubs
1.2x6 pistons
losi 27.5 oil
stock springs
0* antisquate
full droop
JC double dees

I only lacked a bit of on power steering so I was thinking 3rm might be the solution, thinking of it now, I should of tried less droop, but ya never think of changes at the track. At the biginning of the night I ran proline m3 step pins, for the last heat I ran the double as all the dust/loose stuff was out of the grouve so the line was hard packed and the tires hooked up real good, I don't think that was the issue. In just over a week we're having a big race (300 entries) and most of the Team Great Hobbies/Durango team will be there so I'm sure I'll have it dialed then, but I think 3rm or 4mm will be the ticket as going by last year, when the track is all done nice and smooth, the grip gets pretty high as its clay.
Your setup looks a bit off to me. The kit springs are geared toward MM. Inline will give you aggressive steering. Oil really light for the pistons used.
I have a really good outdoor setup that I've been using lately if you would like to try it. The only thing I've changed recently are light green front springs and 30 wt Losi oil in rear. Car is dialed!
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...603/index.html

Xray/RC America - JConcepts - Trinity - Sanwa - Hobbywing - Exotek - PT Racing Oils -Schelle

Last edited by kwiksi; 07-20-2012 at 04:33 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:25 PM   #6880
Tech Addict

Quote:
Heres the basics

front
30* caster
inline axles
1.3x6 pistons
losi 27.5 oil
stock springs
full droop
JC rips

rear
4rm
0* toe hubs
1.2x6 pistons
losi 27.5 oil
stock springs
0* antisquate
full droop
JC double dees

I only lacked a bit of on power steering so I was thinking 3rm might be the solution, thinking of it now, I should of tried less droop, but ya never think of changes at the track. At the biginning of the night I ran proline m3 step pins, for the last heat I ran the double dees as all the dust/loose stuff was out of the grouve so the line was hard packed and the tires hooked up real good, I don't think that was the issue. In just over a week we're having a big race (300 entries) and most of the Team Great Hobbies/Durango team will be there so I'm sure I'll have it dialed then, but I think 3rm or 4mm will be the ticket as going by last year, when the track is all done nice and smooth, the grip gets pretty high as its clay.
If u r on a clay track with grip, not sure about ur setup. A few things look suspect.
First I would definitely run at least 1.5 anti squat, but preferable 3deg and 3-3.5 of rear toe.
2nd I think u shouldn't be running the same oil front and back. I haven't used 6 hole pistons but if u went to let's say 4x1.3 in rear with 22.5-25wt and 4x1.2 in front with 27.5-30wt Dk green springs front, dk blue in rear I think it would work well for u.
Third I am not sure why u are running a inline axle, but I would be running 4mm of trailing axle with middle ackmn hole and 4-6mm under steering ball stud on arm to get rid of bump steer.
Fourth I would run RM3.

Would need to see ur full setup to comment further, but we have got the car working real good with the things I listed on med grip clay, so should work for u.

Ps, if u don't want to do any of that, I think u have too stiff of a front spring with WAY too light of front oil which is all probably contributing to your on pwr push, so work on that.

Last edited by Cspurlock; 07-19-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Cspurlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:49 PM   #6881
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiksi View Post
I have a really good outdoor setup that I've been using lately. The only thing I've changed recently are green front springs and 30 wt Losi oil in rear.
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...603/index.html
That looks about right to me too, just would go RM3 if u have high bite, RM 4 if low bite. Did u go to light grn or dk grn spring?
Old 07-19-2012, 10:41 PM   #6882
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cspurlock View Post
If u r on a clay track with grip, not sure about ur setup. A few things look suspect.
First I would definitely run at least 1.5 anti squat, but preferable 3deg and 3-3.5 of rear toe.
2nd I think u shouldn't be running the same oil front and back. I haven't used 6 hole pistons but if u went to let's say 4x1.3 in rear with 22.5-25wt and 4x1.2 in front with 27.5-30wt Dk green springs front, dk blue in rear I think it would work well for u.
Third I am not sure why u are running a inline axle, but I would be running 4mm of trailing axle with middle ackmn hole and 4-6mm under steering ball stud on arm to get rid of bump steer.
Fourth I would run RM3.

Would need to see ur full setup to comment further, but we have got the car working real good with the things I listed on med grip clay, so should work for u.

Ps, if u don't want to do any of that, I think u have too stiff of a front spring with WAY too light of front oil which is all probably contributing to your on pwr push, so work on that.
+1 on the pistons, but Cush has been liking 4x1.3 up front with lt green springs and 4x1.2 rear with black springs. I agree on the inline axles too, either full trailing or 1mm forward for slightly more turn in. RM4 has awesome rear grip, but have never been anywhere that we needed more grip than what it has with RM3.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:01 AM   #6883
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I've been using 1.3 6 hole pistons front and rear with a lot of success. But you defentiely need a heavy oil in order for them to feel right in my opinion. Running 40 front and 35 rear, dark green springs front and back.
The dark blues gave me a little bit too much oversteer, and slight loss of traction because I ran the battery far front center. I'll have to post my most updated setup, car feels dialed.

Updated setup, let me know if anyone has some ideas on some new things to try out.
Attached Thumbnails
Durango DEX210 Thread-j.uribe-dex210-setup.jpg  

Last edited by Azagar; 07-20-2012 at 01:29 AM.
Azagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:21 AM   #6884
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cspurlock View Post
That looks about right to me too, just would go RM3 if u have high bite, RM 4 if low bite. Did u go to light grn or dk grn spring?
Light green srry.
+1 on the motor conf. The outdoor tracks here in the summer are inconsistent....low to med bite at best. The RM4 really comes into play here.

Old 07-20-2012, 05:47 AM   #6885
Tech Elite

So I guess I'll have to splurge on a full spring set before Wednesday (even at my pricing its a god deal, but alot of money for the 16 pairs of springs), what I was trying to avoid but it sounds like the stockers are out of wack for rear motor on dirt. Where are people getting these 4 hole pistons, or should I drill my blank ones, or can you just fill 2 holes up? So I should make 4x1.2 and 4x1.3 and run 25 and 30wt oil, along with 3rm and dark green and dark blue springs it should be better? I still have those pistons in my goodie bag so I'll work on that when I have time (I'm working every day until the big race) Thanks for the help guys