Durango DEX210 Thread >

Durango DEX210 Thread

Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 06:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
I didn't like the gear diff. The balance isn't there. Plus they are heavy, the Arrma one especially.
Balance??? I think the lack of balance comes from running too thick of fluid in the dif, i run the assembly lube and that is it. I dont think weight is a factor unless your in a spec(17.5/21.5) motor class, with a high power motor the weight actually helps with traction. To each his own, there so many other variables
Old 03-09-2012, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Back to the RM4 setup. I was looking at my Hotwire settings for my RS. Looks like I can reverse the motor just by a click of the button. This way I won't have to run new wires. I might have to throw an extra gear in there to try it out
Old 03-09-2012, 12:00 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE
Back to the RM4 setup. I was looking at my Hotwire settings for my RS. Looks like I can reverse the motor just by a click of the button. This way I won't have to run new wires. I might have to throw an extra gear in there to try it out
You should not have to reverse the motor running RM4.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

The point of the transmission design from TD is so you can have the motor on different sides, thus giving you the 3 or 4 gear setups that allow the motor rotational forces to do what it does against the car.

Now, I'm really tired, but if you don't swap sides with the 4 gear you're not getting the full advantage of the design if you just reverse the motor rotation.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Autocratic
The point of the transmission design from TD is so you can have the motor on different sides, thus giving you the 3 or 4 gear setups that allow the motor rotational forces to do what it does against the car.

Now, I'm really tired, but if you don't swap sides with the 4 gear you're not getting the full advantage of the design if you just reverse the motor rotation.

I was trying to wrap my head around that too! I actually think it will work but if your going to go through the drama of rebuilding the tranny with 4 gears you may as well just flip the motor around although i think his point was that he didnt want to have to extend the wires.

BTW testing went well Auto uploading vid now!
Old 03-09-2012, 05:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
I was trying to wrap my head around that too! I actually think it will work but if your going to go through the drama of rebuilding the tranny with 4 gears you may as well just flip the motor around although i think his point was that he didnt want to have to extend the wires.

drum roll........
Old 03-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Tech Champion

here is a clip of some testing today with some "different" pistons. All i can say now is that they are a single piston but of course have quicker rebound. Notice how quick it goes through the washboard sections! now that i have watched the vid it looks like i need to go a little lighter on the rear fluid. I didnt change anything the whole day, just too much fun to drive!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyC60...ure=plpp_video
Old 03-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Marcus,

That's one hell of a track. Looks like it's built for nitro.

Car looks good though. I'm still about a week away from being able to drive again.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:20 PM
Tech Champion

Marcus,

That's one hell of a track. Looks like it's built for nitro.

Car looks good though. I'm still about a week away from being able to drive again.

Its definately built for 1/8 scale but lots of fun withthe buggy!

about a week ago there was a guy selling machined pivot blocks, anyone have that link? thats what broke at the end of the vid, hit a stake.....
Old 03-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Its definately built for 1/8 scale but lots of fun withthe buggy!

about a week ago there was a guy selling machined pivot blocks, anyone have that link? thats what broke at the end of the vid, hit a stake.....
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92330
Old 03-10-2012, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
You should not have to reverse the motor running RM4.
If I keep the pinion on the right side I do.

I think if you throw the 4th gear in there, keep the pinion on the same side, and reverse the motor, it would be the same rotational forces.

Exactly. But after looking at it, doesn't look like I'd have to extend my wires.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Any word on diff cases ? Mine has I crack where the tower screws in ..
Old 03-10-2012, 08:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bronc4now
Any word on diff cases ? Mine has I crack where the tower screws in ..
Your best bet is to find people parting out kits in the FS section. the parts availability will be resolved in a couple months.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I went back to the stock ballstuds and ballcups this race weekend to try them out. I had no issues whatsoever. I had two nasty snap rolls at the end of a high-speed straight and a bad spill on a huge table top. no popped ballcup and no breaks.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Anybody else have issues with the small bearing on the nut side of the slipper assembly? I fried two today!

On that same note, I've become quite fast at removing my tranny. Had it completely out of the car, replaced the bearing and back in ready to go in about 12 minutes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.