R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree44Likes

Old 02-14-2012, 04:27 AM   #4381
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

ok so who has a stock unpainted 210 body they want to get rid of???was going to get one of the BB shells,but After a night at the races talking with a freind the dex 210 shell NEEDS to get a paint job of an X-wing fighter from star wars since the shell looks to be inspired by the X-wingso yep havta do it,LOL
Old 02-14-2012, 08:20 AM   #4382
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvalis View Post
Thanks, but they are out of stock too
The normal ol v2 AE slipper pads work fantastic. No need to use anything else, and they are cheap.
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:22 AM   #4383
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolimit208 View Post
LOL the similarities between our buggies..?.. lol

clear wing though dont think I approve of it..
That is uncanny!
- RCSpecialties -
Old 02-14-2012, 09:18 AM   #4384
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Heres a pic of mine on the track,.

Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:13 AM   #4385
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Konich, any updates on the Cream towers and new optional Tresrey parts?
Old 02-14-2012, 11:45 AM   #4386
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark413 View Post
Konich, any updates on the Cream towers and new optional Tresrey parts?
He told me last week that a large batch of 210 parts will be in this week.

I got the MOS Big Bores installed on Cush's 210 over the weekend and I have pics but the wife has had me tied up since racing on Sunday. I'll get them up tomorrow after work unless I can find the time tonite after we celebrate a Hallmark holiday... The shocks are very nice though- a few subtle differences from the stockers in addition to the MOS coating. I went with a 4 hole piston setup as I had really liked it on my blinky 210, but they were packing too much in the rear and we had limited time to make changes at the track with Cush running 3 classes and me in one, so he just swapped his original shocks back onto the rear with the 6 hole 1.2 s. The rear pistons were 4 hole 1.2 and I will first try opening 2 holes to 1.3 and if that doesn't do it I'll open the other 2 holes up. His buggy is working very well other than needing a bit more pack (hence trying the 4 holes). Once we dial that in a little better it will be dialed.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:52 AM   #4387
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny5 View Post
He told me last week that a large batch of 210 parts will be in this week.

I got the MOS Big Bores installed on Cush's 210 over the weekend and I have pics but the wife has had me tied up since racing on Sunday. I'll get them up tomorrow after work unless I can find the time tonite after we celebrate a Hallmark holiday... The shocks are very nice though- a few subtle differences from the stockers in addition to the MOS coating. I went with a 4 hole piston setup as I had really liked it on my blinky 210, but they were packing too much in the rear and we had limited time to make changes at the track with Cush running 3 classes and me in one, so he just swapped his original shocks back onto the rear with the 6 hole 1.2 s. The rear pistons were 4 hole 1.2 and I will first try opening 2 holes to 1.3 and if that doesn't do it I'll open the other 2 holes up. His buggy is working very well other than needing a bit more pack (hence trying the 4 holes). Once we dial that in a little better it will be dialed.
I agree the 4x1.2 and 4x1.3 offer too much pack, I am trying 1.5x4 taper pistons, seem alot better. I might even go back to 6 hole pistons in the 1.2 or 1.3. I am undecided.
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:57 AM   #4388
JS
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Need some help with the 210.
I have about 3 practice days on it and ran great.
But at the last outing. The 210 started slipping
It would drive around the technical stuff fine but it looses power when jumping. Felt like it was slipping at the top of the ramp when you apply more throttle or blip the throttle.
Tried tightening down the slipper and it did not help.
Also tried tightening the Diff and still the same issue.
It just slips when you suddenly blip the throttle.
I took out the slipper assembly and everything looks fine. The slipper pads are perfect.
Next place to look is the Diff.
Could this be the circlip popping out?

Thanks for any input you may have
JS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:05 PM   #4389
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS View Post
Need some help with the 210.
I have about 3 practice days on it and ran great.
But at the last outing. The 210 started slipping
It would drive around the technical stuff fine but it looses power when jumping. Felt like it was slipping at the top of the ramp when you apply more throttle or blip the throttle.
Tried tightening down the slipper and it did not help.
Also tried tightening the Diff and still the same issue.
It just slips when you suddenly blip the throttle.
I took out the slipper assembly and everything looks fine. The slipper pads are perfect.
Next place to look is the Diff.
Could this be the circlip popping out?

Thanks for any input you may have
If the circlip pops out, you will get 0 forward power... just like if your pinion gear comes off. You need to determine if the diff is slipping, if the slipper is slipping, or if you have some kind of electronic issue. What does the diff/slipper do on your bench test?
- RCSpecialties -
Old 02-14-2012, 12:14 PM   #4390
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul Garcia View Post
I agree the 4x1.2 and 4x1.3 offer too much pack, I am trying 1.5x4 taper pistons, seem alot better. I might even go back to 6 hole pistons in the 1.2 or 1.3. I am undecided.
The 1.2x4 seems perfect for my stock buggy, but the speeds are slower so you dont jump as far or as high. I also need to check the actual hole sizes to make sure that they are indeed 1.2, or whatever they are supposed to be. The car handles great with 1.2x6 in the rear but it bottoms too easily even off of small jumps. Maybe a 5 hole will work there, and we have plenty of blanks to try it out.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:23 PM   #4391
JS
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
If the circlip pops out, you will get 0 forward power... just like if your pinion gear comes off. You need to determine if the diff is slipping, if the slipper is slipping, or if you have some kind of electronic issue. What does the diff/slipper do on your bench test?
Thanks for the reply Cpt.
On the Bench with the wheels off the ground, it accelerates and brakes fine.
Seems normal.
I've tested the diff tightness. I hold the spur and right tire while checking to see if the left wheel will slip. It barely slips. I tightened down just a little.
When I do a quick test - it would run ok if started slow and gradually speed up. But when you just blip the throttle it would slip.
I've adjusted the slipper to almost full lock and does the same.

I will try to go to the track today and do more testing.
JS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:32 PM   #4392
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny5 View Post
The 1.2x4 seems perfect for my stock buggy, but the speeds are slower so you dont jump as far or as high. I also need to check the actual hole sizes to make sure that they are indeed 1.2, or whatever they are supposed to be. The car handles great with 1.2x6 in the rear but it bottoms too easily even off of small jumps. Maybe a 5 hole will work there, and we have plenty of blanks to try it out.
I just finished 2nd in my first AMain with this buggy on Saturday. Running 17.5 with a brand new Revtech. Also was running a new shock setup similar to yours: 1.3x4 front 30w, 1.2x4 rear 20w. Losi Silver (3.2) front, kit rears.

Buggy was fast and dialed. With Vector fronts M4 Holeshot rears, it just drove the track so easy and went where I wanted it to.

I to was having issues with the 6 hole pistons the kit tells you to use. 5 hole sounds interesting. I'm out of blanks though.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:36 PM   #4393
Super Moderator

Quote:
Seems normal.
I've tested the diff tightness. I hold the spur and right tire while checking to see if the left wheel will slip. It barely slips. I tightened down just a little.
When I do a quick test - it would run ok if started slow and gradually speed up. But when you just blip the throttle it would slip.

No, that's not what I mean. You need to test how tight both your diff and your slipper are. Get the car ready to race, and set it on it's tires on the bench/table. Hold the right tire tight with your right hand, and hold the left tire tight at the same time you are holding your radio (can be a bit tricky)... With both tires held right, blip the trigger full throttle for a fraction of a second. Does the diff slip? does the slipper slip? do the front wheels come off the ground? You need to set it so that the diff does NOT slip, but the slipper does. But the slipper should only slip the TINIEST bit... it should still grab enough to pull the front tires off the ground.
- RCSpecialties -
Old 02-14-2012, 01:36 PM   #4394
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Seems normal.

After you eliminate the other possibilities check to make sure your rotor is not slipping on the motor shaft. Take it out and mark the rotor/shaft with a sharpie then see if the marks move after running.

davesrctracks.net
tomdav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:41 PM   #4395
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I'm running 1.2 4 hole on all 4 corners......25wt front 20wt rear......Losi orange up front and white rear springs....plush!!