Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 09:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Autocratic
Had some nice testing today.

Some nice people at my local track did a resurfacing and make it 100x better. Much smoother and a lot more traction.

From kit setup I changed to:
40/35 oil
No shims on rear inner ballstud
3rd outer hole on rear hub
Outer lower rear shock mounting

Also, slapped on my other JConcepts high downforce wing & Proline M4 Holeshots. I don't know what it is about this tire, but it just hooks better than Impacts or Gigabites. Definitely the ticket at my track right now.

Was able to knock down two seconds off my mid-motor times from last week. At the end of the day, I was running very consistent low 21.xxx second laps, and that was with some short course and rookie traffic. I'm still a second or two behind the fast guys, but some of them also don't finish :P.

There is definitely more time I can drop in my setup, but I'm definitely on the right track.

Racing tomorrow afternoon; first time with RM setup.

Take care.
-Auto

what springs are those?
thanks Blake
Old 01-21-2012, 10:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JOJOHAMBONE
what springs are those?
thanks Blake
Losi XXX springs. It's hit/miss on if they bind with the shock body or not. The 22 springs fit perfect and are the correct length. The XXX springs are slightly longer. Only reason I've been using them is because I have almost all of the colors front/rear from when I was running my CR. I'm starting to get the 22 springs now.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Do I keep my 210? Everyone I run with has a kyosho, there are no parts for it anywhere around here, but there is a guy local who runs one and loves it.. I have no one to help with set ups or compare for that matter.

I have it sold but before I send it off I want to be sure I am doing the right thing. I love durango stuff, there just isnt anyone around here who supports there parts or anything..
Old 01-22-2012, 12:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C_Money
I have it sold .
Theres your answer, if its paid for its sold!!

Its always nice to have support and parts, parts are coming and support you have here, do your own setup and test test test. There are a lot of things that apply to the whole rc spektrum that you can get help with. Like the hudy set up sheets.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

I had the same thing happen to me in the for sale forum. I bought and instantly paid for a used 210, on a Sunday, Monday was MLK day, and Tuesday I got a email stating a refund. The seller issued a refund, without having the balls to say anything. That definetly is the wrong thing to do, if its sold, its sold. I am better off anyway, I bought a new one.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:18 AM
Tech Champion

Pics of my wiring.

Old 01-22-2012, 06:59 AM
Tech Master

that looks real nice.
guess you wont be running midmotor
Old 01-22-2012, 07:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

nice job on the wiring. The esc won't take a beating there will it?
Old 01-22-2012, 07:33 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jurquhart
nice job on the wiring. The esc won't take a beating there will it?
Thanks. I think it will be ok.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Looks good Raul, but I think you'll be limiting yourself when it comes to shifting weight without being able to move the batt back. Speedo bracing the batt is kind iffy..

Last edited by kwiksi; 01-22-2012 at 08:29 AM.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hey Guys,

Thinking of picking the 210 up for some indoor racing. Any suggestion on the car? Also, has anyone try the gear diff yet for this car?
Any feedback will be appreciated!!

Thanks in advance
Old 01-22-2012, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Up&comer
Yo,

Coming back to RC Racing from a lengthly retirement due to change of jobs and college. Plan on doing some of the local JBRL races as well as club racing at the local tracks. Super impressed with this buggy and had an awesome opportunity to get one so I couldn't pass it up! Have a few questions for everyone. *Note I have not gone through the whole thread yet*

1: Upgraded my Steering rack to the racers edge aluminum rack. Still seeing some bump steer on the buggy. Any suggestions on how to get rid of this?

Run 6mm spacer under ball on steering arm

2. Blank Shock Pistons: what kind of a bits are you guys using to drill the holes out for 1.1,1.2, and 1.3 piston holes?

Duh, 1.2 and 1.3mm bits

3. Saw a post with someone getting ready for Reedy. Looks as if they had a Machined inner toe/antisquat bar. Where do I get this?

I personally dont think its necesssary, of all the people I race with not one has broke that part, but Tresrey is coming out with one and there is a guy on here that makes them but some have had a hard time getting ahold him recently

4. How often are people actually breaking Diff Cases? Has anyone used the RC Shox Delrin case fix for this? If so, how does it wrk?

I think the majority of people that have broke a diff case have aftermarket ballcups and ball studs....The only person that I know that broke a diff case had JC ballcups that didnt pop off

5. I plan on running 17.5 not timing with this vehicle and perhaps in the future mod, any gearing suggestions? I am 69/37 as of now and will be testing this for the first time tomorrow at Airland RC Raceway.

6. I have seen several set ups so far, is everyone running a standard or shorty pack in the car? which do you prefer?

Shorty.....gives you lots of room to make weight adjustments and the lighter battery also helps

Ill let you know how the run went soon and I will post some pictures of the body/wiring set up soon- Thanks in advance for your help-

Come by the Reedy race this coming weekend and there will be several 210's there. I made quite a few changes from my standard set up for West Coast

Zack Perkins
Oh Zack! See above ^^^^
Old 01-22-2012, 09:24 AM
Tech Addict

Here are some (basic) explanations about how to put together the DEX210 gear diff.

HTH
Old 01-22-2012, 09:34 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks Dave, Ill have to set it up on the scales to check the variation. I think 65/35 r/f would be good.

Arno, your the man as usual.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Looks like a new Tresrey part under developement. It is a fix for the "ears" and gives another camber link adjustment and is sexy CF! Scroll down on the Tresrey Japan blog site. Unfortunately, I cannot read Japanese.

http://tresreyblog.com/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.