R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree44Likes

Old 09-26-2011, 03:49 PM   #346
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
Nobody is complaining, we were just wondering. You need to RELAX.
I'm not stressing over it. I'm just curious why question the wheelbase at this stage?
Old 09-26-2011, 04:06 PM   #347
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Quote:
Nobody is complaining, we were just wondering. You need to RELAX.
+1 i'm not doubting the 210 will be successful at its current wb. however there are so many upsides to the added length, it becomes a why not.. especially because these cars aren't fighting for steering as it is now..

now i know you can't plz everyone. and i believe there is a happy medium between the 22 and b4 wheel bases. hence the +8 chassis'

i think the reason we are inquiring is because we know it'll be tested and they may very well come out with one in the future which most team drivers will use and it'll become the ""standard." So then you'll have a car, like the the cougar, with 2-3 chassis' and multiple team drivers using each one and more money and testing needs to be done to find a setup (which i don't mind the setup part).

I prefer to buy a kit, snatch a couple (tuning & strengthening) springs, aluminum hexes, etc)) hop-ups and have 95% of what i need to get the best out of the car (not necessarily everthing to have it blinged out).

chassis aren't cheap and i like comparing tuning ideas/setups with others.

on a lighter note, i do have 2 pre-ordered and i'm anxiously awaiting their arrival.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:53 PM   #348
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

anyone have any concrete info on the release date? Still the end of this week?
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:57 PM   #349
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Howard View Post
anyone have any concrete info on the release date? Still the end of this week?
Well, was scraping the oople thread and came back with an october time frame.... I am going to continue to be hopeful.
DNX408V2-NovaP5, DETC410-Reventon 1.1ex-5.5t MMM
RC10 , RC10GT2- CV-R- SAVOX,
TAMAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:29 PM   #350
Tech Addict

waiting for this car is like waiting for christmas morning ....durango is saying middle october for the first shipment ., BRIAN
BRIAN77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:38 PM   #351
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIAN77 View Post
waiting for this car is like waiting for christmas morning ....durango is saying middle october for the first shipment ., BRIAN
I don't mean to call you out, but is this "what you heard" or is it confirmed from Durango?
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Old 09-26-2011, 05:52 PM   #352
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Durango have they shipped?
Authorized Dealer for /Agama / Tekno / Team Associated / Schelle / Hobbywing / PT Racing Shock & Diff oil / Serpent / Tekin / JConcepts / AKA / Proline / Savox / M2C / Picco / Raceform Jigs/ Proamps Servos-Lipos www.fiercercsolutions.com Like us on facebook www.facebook.com/FierceRCSolutions
FastPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:58 AM   #353
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredswain View Post
I'm not stressing over it. I'm just curious why question the wheelbase at this stage?
Because I wanted to know what the wheelbase was? Am I not allowed to ask simple questions on YOUR forum? Do me a favor and stay away from my posts.

Back to the durango:

Looking at the 4 gearbox options... I assume that the motor laying one way will put torque towards the ground, and the other direction towards the air, giving you either a a rear traction bias on-throttle, or a front traction bias on-throttle, no?

I would then assume that 90% of us dirt/clay track guys will be running 3 gear/rear motor.... do I have that right? somebody lay down some knowledge (except you fred)
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:31 AM   #354
Team Tekin

Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

Cpt. your thoughts are correct. I will likely start out with the traditional 3 gear since it's what we all know. However the 4 gear option will be a great tuning choice to test out.

I'll share my findings. I'm lucky enough to have 3 indoor tracks within a 2 hour driving radius all with varying degrees of traction and size.

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:54 AM   #355
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

i've gotten various reports saying the oct dates are for second shipments. they say the 1st orders were bought up within a few days of being able to pre-order.

only time will tell. i would like to see the cover page, manual, and complete parts listing on the TD website (as if i haven't drooled enough).. however it looks like it will be up around the same time the car is available, no biggy.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:29 PM   #356
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
Cpt. your thoughts are correct. I will likely start out with the traditional 3 gear since it's what we all know. However the 4 gear option will be a great tuning choice to test out.

I'll share my findings. I'm lucky enough to have 3 indoor tracks within a 2 hour driving radius all with varying degrees of traction and size.
Thank's Randy... im so tempted to pull the trigger on this buggy, it looks really top shelf. The only thing holding me back is being unsure about parts support. Are the 210 parts going to be easily obtainable from places like amain or stormer? I have zero experience with this brand.
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:24 PM   #357
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Quote:
Thank's Randy... im so tempted to pull the trigger on this buggy, it looks really top shelf. The only thing holding me back is being unsure about parts support. Are the 210 parts going to be easily obtainable from places like amain or stormer? I have zero experience with this brand.
If you have any question about durango parts support don't, I recently started running the dnx408 and it has been SOOOOO nice to actually be able to go to my LHS that deals with HRP and have him order a parts and its ALLWAYS here in 2-3 days and never once have I needed/wanted something and not be able to get it. I also run a 22 and dealing with horizon has been so frustrating that it has me about ready to try the 210 just so I dont have to rely on horizon to get parts from. I make orders through a-main and stormer also to get parts sometimes, but sometimes you only need a $10-20 part and we all need to support our lhs and HRP takes care of the lhs!
Old 09-27-2011, 04:13 PM   #358
Tech Master

Does the 210 come with any wheels? If so then how many pair? If not then what wheels work on the buggy? Does the kit come with oils? I'm stoked for this buggy. I hope I got in for the first shipment. I guess we will find out in a few days. Amain has it listed as in stock September 30. I'm going to try mid-motor 3 gear. My thought is the reverse rotation of the motor will put some traction back into the rear.
EastCoasterVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:51 PM   #359
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoasterVa View Post
Does the 210 come with any wheels? If so then how many pair? If not then what wheels work on the buggy? Does the kit come with oils? I'm stoked for this buggy. I hope I got in for the first shipment. I guess we will find out in a few days. Amain has it listed as in stock September 30. I'm going to try mid-motor 3 gear. My thought is the reverse rotation of the motor will put some traction back into the rear.
mid-motor needs the 4 gear transmission to get more rear traction
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Old 09-27-2011, 05:18 PM   #360
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoasterVa View Post
Does the 210 come with any wheels? Yes 1 front and 1 rear If so then how many pair? 1 pair a front and a rear If not then what wheels work on the buggy? None Does the kit come with oils? Nope, friction shocks, old school! I'm stoked for this buggy. I hope I got in for the first shipment. I guess we will find out in a few days. Amain has it listed as in stock September 30. I'm going to try mid-motor 3 gear. My thought is the reverse rotation of the motor will put some traction back into the rear. Yeah, because every mid motor car to come out after the X Factory 4-gear transmission car had 4 gears because they figured if 3 was good 4 must be better, not because the rotation of the motor with a mid-motor car with a 4-gear transmission increases rear traction.
My responses to your questions are in bold, and incase you can't tell I am joking. Mainly because I can't believe someone is actually asking these questions. This excludes my last comment, in which again I can't understand how someone would not understand why all mid-motor cars have 4-gear transmissions. I can't believe you run an R/C based blog.

In closing,