Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Durango DEX210 Thread >

Durango DEX210 Thread

Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Reply

Old 12-22-2011, 04:52 AM
  #2986  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
Jmuck69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Posts: 5,061
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE View Post
What are the options for replacing the rear inner ball cups? Stock ones have that bend to them, will a straight one work? Maybe cut the gear cover for clearance?
I replaced all of the ballcups with RPM longshank pieces and TC5 ballstuds. The rear inner is a straight piece.
Jmuck69 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:05 AM
  #2987  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
Matt Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 5,952
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE View Post
What are the options for replacing the rear inner ball cups? Stock ones have that bend to them, will a straight one work? Maybe cut the gear cover for clearance?
jconcepts makes a "kinked" ballcup, I'm using those on the back with a standard ballstud
Matt Howard is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:30 AM
  #2988  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (71)
 
Bman's 3XNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ct.
Posts: 3,017
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

So far so good for ball cups on my end. I wish it popped off but instead I bent a rear axle landing awkwardly on it. They seem to be holding up pretty good.
Bman's 3XNT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:38 AM
  #2989  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (2)
 
tperkii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Maine
Posts: 46
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I broke a kit ballcup during the build (must have overtightened), so I ordered the JC ballcups, and want to order ballstuds. Would anybody help and post partnumbers or links to the ballstuds to help with all the confusion of what works. Thanks in advance, and I'm loving this car so far
tperkii is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:59 AM
  #2990  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
Carlos69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 673
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tperkii View Post
I broke a kit ballcup during the build (must have overtightened), so I ordered the JC ballcups, and want to order ballstuds. Would anybody help and post partnumbers or links to the ballstuds to help with all the confusion of what works. Thanks in advance, and I'm loving this car so far
A packet of each;
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Associated-TC5
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Associated-TC5
Carlos69 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:15 AM
  #2991  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (37)
 
CHIZZLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 2,291
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jmuck69 View Post
I replaced all of the ballcups with RPM longshank pieces and TC5 ballstuds. The rear inner is a straight piece.
Originally Posted by Matt Howard View Post
jconcepts makes a "kinked" ballcup, I'm using those on the back with a standard ballstud
Thanks guys. I have yet to pop a cup on my DESC410R and I have a couple dozen race days on that one. 3 races on my 210 and 3 pops. So I'm thinking I'll throw on a set of the "standard" Durango cups. I think I might have to get a longer turnbuckle for the rear though.
CHIZZLE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:37 AM
  #2992  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (143)
 
grapejuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,845
Trader Rating: 143 (100%+)
Default

More Tresrey 210 hop-ups coming! 2011.12.22: http://tresreyblog.com/
grapejuice is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:32 AM
  #2993  
Tech Master
iTrader: (77)
 
Yeti AS3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: lockport,IL
Posts: 1,347
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

Just a heads up. I ran out of the aluminum 3/3 toe blocks. I have more stock coming this week. The plan is to make some 1.5/3 blocks as well as more 3/3 blocks. These are direct bolt on made from billet 7075/T651 aluminum, superior material to 2024 or 6061. They are not anodized.
All orders placed were shipped the day of, or the day after I received payment.
Thanks to all that ordered
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-dex-210-blk-large-.jpg  
Yeti AS3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:44 AM
  #2994  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (21)
 
Dog Runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 605
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Yeti AS3 View Post
Just a heads up. I ran out of the aluminum 3/3 toe blocks. I have more stock coming this week. The plan is to make some 1.5/3 blocks as well as more 3/3 blocks. These are direct bolt on made from billet 7075/T651 aluminum, superior material to 2024 or 6061. They are not anodized.
All orders placed were shipped the day of, or the day after I received payment.
Thanks to all that ordered
Here's another endorsement for Yeti's high-quality work. I've got the 3/3 block and it fits perfectly, looks sweet, and works great.

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE View Post
What are the options for replacing the rear inner ball cups? Stock ones have that bend to them, will a straight one work? Maybe cut the gear cover for clearance?
If anyone has a Losi 22 (like I was using until I got the 210), the ballstuds and ends work perfectly on the Durango. The Losi studs even fit the nuts on the front steering knuckle and, using a long ballcup end, will fit perfectly on the rear inner mount without having to use that funky kinked end.
Dog Runner is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:01 AM
  #2995  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (52)
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,084
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Anybody else having some strange durability issues with their durango springs? Race #1... at 22.5mm ride height, my springs might be 4 or 5 turns down on the collars.... Race #3 or 4... collars might be half way down the shock body. Race number 7 or 8, and the collars are most of the way down towards the bottom... Nothing changing overall, just the spings breaking in... but man, the "break in" spans the entire length of the shock body.
Cpt.America is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:22 AM
  #2996  
Tech Master
iTrader: (26)
 
Autocratic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 1,690
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by grapejuice View Post
More Tresrey 210 hop-ups coming! 2011.12.22: http://tresreyblog.com/
Perfect! Front aluminum bulkhead. Ask and shall receive I guess. I don't like the stock one at all. Very soft compared to the rest of the composite parts.
Autocratic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:12 PM
  #2997  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,846
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
Anybody else having some strange durability issues with their durango springs? Race #1... at 22.5mm ride height, my springs might be 4 or 5 turns down on the collars.... Race #3 or 4... collars might be half way down the shock body. Race number 7 or 8, and the collars are most of the way down towards the bottom... Nothing changing overall, just the spings breaking in... but man, the "break in" spans the entire length of the shock body.
Ive heard of one other guy having the same thing happen on his 410. Ours are good though. Are you sure you're not just picking up weight from all the mud on the track....?
Jonny5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:35 PM
  #2998  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (52)
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,084
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jonny5 View Post
Are you sure you're not just picking up weight from all the mud on the track....?
Cpt.America is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:35 PM
  #2999  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
Slash'em1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pecatonica, IL
Posts: 226
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Yeti AS3 View Post
Just a heads up. I ran out of the aluminum 3/3 toe blocks. I have more stock coming this week. The plan is to make some 1.5/3 blocks as well as more 3/3 blocks. These are direct bolt on made from billet 7075/T651 aluminum, superior material to 2024 or 6061. They are not anodized.
All orders placed were shipped the day of, or the day after I received payment.
Thanks to all that ordered
Hey Curt I got my block today. Nice work!!!! Do you ever race at Hobby Town Lake in the Hills?
Slash'em1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:07 PM
  #3000  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
hopsing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 1,169
Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
Anybody else having some strange durability issues with their durango springs? Race #1... at 22.5mm ride height, my springs might be 4 or 5 turns down on the collars.... Race #3 or 4... collars might be half way down the shock body. Race number 7 or 8, and the collars are most of the way down towards the bottom... Nothing changing overall, just the spings breaking in... but man, the "break in" spans the entire length of the shock body.

Not me....I'm still running the "springs that arent right for the car" on my 210 and they are still on the same pre-load setting as the day I put mine together...which by the way is almost all the way down since I'm running the "rear springs that are too soft" And in case no can figure it out, I'm STILL running the kit light blue rear springs and my car is awesome....
hopsing is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service