R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree44Likes

Old 11-30-2011, 04:13 PM   #2371
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by symmetricon View Post
I am making a christmas list, and I am going to get the DEX210, but I want to know what is absolutly necessary to get with the kit excluding electronics. Thanks.

rear shock towers (plural if you plan on using the Rango ones)
and spring steel dif c clips ( i have 50 of them coming today!!)
seems like the ballcups plague some but not others.
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:50 PM   #2372
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

I was just going to say....dont assume you need ballcups just because some people are having a problem. I have yet to pop one on my car

Before spending any extra $$ on stuff you may not need, assemble the factory parts first (take your time and follow the tips that have been posted in this thread) and you may never have an issue.

The shock tower is kind of in the same boat, although more people have broken those. Even on other cars though, its typically a replacement you would always want to have so definitely order one......or three extra for your pit box
Old 11-30-2011, 06:02 PM   #2373
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopsing View Post
I was just going to say....dont assume you need ballcups just because some people are having a problem. I have yet to pop one on my car

Before spending any extra $$ on stuff you may not need, assemble the factory parts first (take your time and follow the tips that have been posted in this thread) and you may never have an issue.

The shock tower is kind of in the same boat, although more people have broken those. Even on other cars though, its typically a replacement you would always want to have so definitely order one......or three extra for your pit box
i have had NONE of the trouble that other people are haveing. the same thing happened with my losi 22. still have not broke one part on it and still using the same diff with no problem
redracerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:26 PM   #2374
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

good news!! i got my dif issues figured out! today my new spring steel c clips came in so i had my fingers crossed that for some reason it would fix the problem. so i put it all back together and it STILL did it. upon further inspection the thrust bearing cage was distorted and one of the balls would get pinned between the cage and itself causing it to lock up!! of all the freaking things that could happen, so i took the thrust balls out of the cage reinstalled and now it work perfectly..........
the spring steel clips feel MUCH better and snap in and out with no distortion. definately grab some! now to the track
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:14 PM   #2375
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

anyone have any idea what tires are on the durango in the pics? on the box and on the site? i can read the letters on the tires
Old 11-30-2011, 08:24 PM   #2376
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcman182006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84 View Post
anyone have any idea what tires are on the durango in the pics? on the box and on the site? i can read the letters on the tires
Dboots Terrabytes:
http://www.dboots.com/products.php
#NoChuck2015
rcman182006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:49 PM   #2377
Tech Champion
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
good news!! i got my dif issues figured out! today my new spring steel c clips came in so i had my fingers crossed that for some reason it would fix the problem. so i put it all back together and it STILL did it. upon further inspection the thrust bearing cage was distorted and one of the balls would get pinned between the cage and itself causing it to lock up!! of all the freaking things that could happen, so i took the thrust balls out of the cage reinstalled and now it work perfectly..........
the spring steel clips feel MUCH better and snap in and out with no distortion. definately grab some! now to the track
Good to hear you found the gremlin, and it's back on the track. I put a few more laps on mine tonight, and it's really getting good, and haven't popped a cup, or broke a part off it yet. I like it so much, I picked up another kit, and may be moving my Son into one soon, now there will be a definite durability test..lol
flame56mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:07 PM   #2378
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Here's Cush's 210 (and DEX410/DESC410R) all ready for this year's Spektrum Race at Trackside Hobbies. Huge thanks to my guy Paulie from Nut Shellz for getting the bodies done. Hoping for some good results for Cush and his Team Durango/Tresrey rigs!

Old 11-30-2011, 10:11 PM   #2379
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
Old 11-30-2011, 10:14 PM   #2380
Tech Master

Here you go, follow these tips on building the turnbuckles and you SHOULD have no problems......the only thing they posted that I didnt already do is to ream the end of the ball cup slightly. Check it out..... http://www.team-durango.com/blog/201...e-build-guide/
Old 11-30-2011, 10:17 PM   #2381
Tech Champion
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

If anyone wants two sets (4 frt/4rr) of yellow wheels, I have the ones from the kit(s) that I don't plan on using, pm me..

Wow, that didnt take long, wheels are gone..

Last edited by flame56mx; 12-04-2011 at 10:48 AM.
flame56mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:38 PM   #2382
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by flame56mx View Post
If anyone wants two sets (4 frt/4rr) of yellow wheels, I have the ones from the kit(s) that I don't plan on using, pm me..
I love yellow wheels......
Old 12-01-2011, 07:12 AM   #2383
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kwiksi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopsing View Post
Here you go, follow these tips on building the turnbuckles and you SHOULD have no problems......the only thing they posted that I didnt already do is to ream the end of the ball cup slightly. Check it out..... http://www.team-durango.com/blog/201...e-build-guide/
I built my turnbuckles almost exactly as in the guide. Reamed, greased, threaded in and out a couple of times. No popped links while racing or adjusting.

Xray/RC America - JConcepts - Trinity - Sanwa - Hobbywing - Exotek - PT Racing Oils -Schelle
kwiksi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:31 AM   #2384
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Dog Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny5 View Post
Here's Cush's 210 (and DEX410/DESC410R) all ready for this year's Spektrum Race at Trackside Hobbies.
good luck!
Old 12-01-2011, 08:51 AM   #2385
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiksi View Post
I built my turnbuckles almost exactly as in the guide. Reamed, greased, threaded in and out a couple of times. No popped links while racing or adjusting.
Same here Dave