Durango DEX210 Thread >

Durango DEX210 Thread

Like Tree78Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 04:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Maximus79 View Post
Thanks for that.

Had a look around and you are right they are hard to come by. I've added it to my list of things I need.

Looked on the Exotek website at what's available for the Dex210. Is there anything on there still available I should be getting?

Can't link to their website as I don't have enough posts.....

exotekracing.com/search.php?search_query=Dex

Thanks again for all your replies.
Thought this thread had died off months ago.
I just ordered one of these. https://www.asiatees.com/display?-DE...d=105285&pid=1
Hurry and get one while stock lasts once they are gone it's gone.

What sort of electronics are you planning to put in yours?
Old 01-04-2019, 02:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the link.
I'm hoping to pick up a cheap roller on Facebook or ebay with a heap of the hop up parts on it already.
Ill build it stock and see how it goes.

​​​​​​As it's for my 9yo I'm thinking of just getting one of the cheap Futaba 3PRKA and a Hobbywing HWAP50BL3000 brushless combo.

Don't want to lay down good money if it ends up in the cupboard by the middle of the year.

Worse comes to worse is it ends up a basher or my 7yo can learn on it and we can get something better for the older one if he continues with it.

Thanks again.

Jimmy
Old 01-04-2019, 03:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by REIGNMAN_SCT View Post
Just picked up an Intech ER12 2.0 Lite (people referred to the V1 as the DEX210 clone) however the 2.0 is more like the exotek chassis (the honeycomb intech chassis is beautiful).

I noticed that it came with DEX rear arms, but the rear carrier hub and rear axle is shorter and the rear drive shaft is 73mm - way longer than the stock DEX axles.

The whole front end seemed to be DEX210 parts, arms, towers, links, etc.

The Intech Gearbox is also slightly wider it seems and the hangars on the intech buggy space the arms much wider than the DEX.

There is a USA dealer for Intech so parts should be readily available.

The 2.0 does come with 12mm hexes all around unlike the original ER-12. The toe/castor inserts for the hubs are a different shape as well compared to the 210. Most of the plastic parts are similar enough to be usable in a pinch or swapping them out all together. The steering bellcrank and mount is completely different and is mounted flat to the chassis.

It is possible to fit the PR laydown gearbox to the Intech but there is more more involved than fitting it to the 210, mainly due to the wider mounting holes for the gearbox in the chassis.

I've used the ER-12 2.0 laydown for a while now and the only thing I can really fault is the front end alignment. Four long CS screws pass through the hinge pin block and in to the front bulkhead. Despite the CS heads it is very easy for the front end to move and end up with a big difference in wheelbase from side to side.
Old 01-06-2019, 04:13 PM
Tech Rookie

There is a USA dealer for Intech so parts should be readily available.

The 2.0 does come with 12mm hexes all around unlike the original ER-12. The toe/castor inserts for the hubs are a different shape as well compared to the 210. Most of the plastic parts are similar enough to be usable in a pinch or swapping them out all together. The steering bellcrank and mount is completely different and is mounted flat to the chassis.
Thanks for sharing. Could you happen to point me towards the US distributor? I have tried to find parts online and have only been successful ordering from overseas.

As for now, Iíve converted the hubs to the Durango 14mm and am using the Durango front axles to fit V2 wheels, since I have a few sets.

Yeah, the front end is different altogether with the exception of the V2 straight arms it came with.

I like the overall design of this buggy. Iím hoping to run it soon.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:17 AM
Tech Addict

According to the Intech website, Droopy Hobby Shop - Your Hobby in R/C is the USA distributor and they are showing parts in stock on there website. There was a busy Intech USA group on FB but I can't find it now.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:28 PM
Tech Adept

Bought a very cheap new kit of the Dex210v3 that I'll be building soon with my 9yo son.

Didn't know that these had been discontinued until after I had purchased it. My bad in jumping at what seemed like a bargain.
​​
Just wondering what parts we are likely to break while racing and bashing around?
From the reviews it seems like a sturdy car and not like the cars of old.

Any help would be great.
Hi there,

The only parts i have broken are:
The rear shock tower a couple of times. The good thing is that Paul Sims (Bezerk) made a carbon fiber one for me and it is indestructuble.
The rear front bulkhead (td 330578) after some pretty hard crashes, and
The shock caps by overtightening the bleeding screws and stripping the plastic off. I replaced them with Yokomo ones and they fit perfectly.

I have not raced in about a year an a half due to lack of time (kids, wife, work, etc...). However, I live in Melbourne and I used to be a KNOX member. Hopefully, 2019 will have me back on the racing track. I'll be the only other guy with a DEX210 there.

Good luck
REIGNMAN_SCT likes this.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:36 PM
Tech Rookie

That would be great. I've been looking online and Metro Hobbies seem to have a few Durango spares. Dunno if they suit yet though as I haven't built the car yet.

I'll make a list of what I think ill need and will try to source a spare car at some point.
Been checking out the Exotek website. Lots of stuff on discount. Postage would be a killer.
If you wanted so go halves in postage and buy some spars from there it could be good for both of us.

When I come down with my son I'll keep an eye out for the Durango and introduce myself.

Cheers

JR
Old 01-10-2019, 11:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
According to the Intech website, -- is the USA distributor and they are showing parts in stock on there website. There was a busy Intech USA group on FB but I can't find it now.
Thanks for the info. I've been all over that site and have added parts to my wish list. I've also found an Ebayer in France that is shipping some parts to me. There's a decent amount of parts available on his page, and if this first order goes well, I'll most likely be picking up a few spares to keep her running for while.
I should have it up and running soon.
Old 01-12-2019, 07:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Ok guys. I'm back from holidaya and started the build last night.
Slowly getting through it as it's my first one in 18years since my old Schumacher Mission.

Doing the front end and have finished making the front hubs.
Been sifting through lots of stuff on here however I'm just following the manual for now with the basic setup.

Before I get too far through is there anything I should be doing or not doing.
Read that the droop screws can cause cracks so didn't install them.
Something about boiling the ball cups then it went to greasing them...... Haven't done either yet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers Jimmy
Old 01-14-2019, 09:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Smashed a few arms on my DEX210 at the track this past weekend. I have a few spares of what I need, but didn't have them on me in my parts case. Sourced some B6.1 front C hubs from the shop and they fit. I had to trim some of the trailing arms near the top to clear it turn, but they worked out fine. I also had to adjust the front camber link and make it longer for the inner ball stud. It ended helping me keep the rear more planted (probably should have lengthen the links long ago). I also noticed that if I shave the droop screw wings off of the front end, I could probably use the gullwing B6.1 arms as well - something I may try if I start breaking more arms (this is probably somewhere in the thread)

Also broke a rear arm on the DESC210 - had the wrong tires on, lesson learned. Switched back to the RPM arms for now, never had a problem with them.

I posted my fastest time to date with the lay down conversion, so with the bad also came some good!

Thinking about entering the next club series race to see how she holds up.

Old 01-14-2019, 09:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Ok guys. I'm back from holidaya and started the build last night.
Slowly getting through it as it's my first one in 18years since my old Schumacher Mission.

Doing the front end and have finished making the front hubs.
Been sifting through lots of stuff on here however I'm just following the manual for now with the basic setup.

Before I get too far through is there anything I should be doing or not doing.
Read that the droop screws can cause cracks so didn't install them.
Something about boiling the ball cups then it went to greasing them...... Haven't done either yet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers Jimmy
Hey Jimmy,

My only suggestion would be with tightening the transmission case. I've had issues with the internals binding if I tighten it too tight. When I do my rebuilds, I typically have the trans gear screws in loose, then I bolt it to the chassis first, next I bolt up the rear shock tower, then I start to tighten the gear case.

I also add some shims to rear arms if there is some play in-between the rear hangars. For steering, I've used the captain america mod (somewhere in this thread) and have had much success with it.

Old 01-16-2019, 11:58 AM
Tech Adept

My new Exotek motor plate #1491 just arrived today, now I just need to install it.
DEX210 VENTED 'FLITE' MOTOR PLATE - Exotek Racing
Old 01-19-2019, 06:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey guys,

I've just uncovered a new unbuilt 1st gen Dex210 in the garage... all complete but one ball joint, which shouldn't be too hard to find

My 9 y.o. would like to build it (he loves building stuff, he's done a couple of kits already, I do diffs, shocks, electronics, he does the rest!) and possibly run it in our winter series next year.

However we have to run schumacher premounts - meaning 12mm hubs, F&R. I know this has probably been discussed to death by now, but what is the absolute inexpensive way to do a conversion that works? I am not concerned about ending at +5mm or -5mm offsets, to be honest I don't care whether the car is competitive or not, because, let's face it, my 9 y.o. isn't anyway

Thanks in advance

Paul
Old 01-19-2019, 02:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Good work on getting the little guy to race.
Supposed to go to the track yesterday to let my 9yo do his first race and he was too nervous and didn't want to go.

Go to page 955 on this thread and there is talk about front and rear hexs and links.
Sorry I can't link as I haven't done enough posts.

Old 01-20-2019, 01:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Building the shocks tomorrow night.
What oil are people running front and rear with the stock springs?
Thanks in advance.

Jimmy

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service