Durango DEX210 Thread > Durango DEX210 Thread
Like Tree66Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 01:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 362 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fearo View Post
Looks great,

Do you maybe have a parts list of the things you need for the conversion?
Iíll post them tonight, just got my phone. Note to self .....stop dropping phone!!!!!
Old 11-04-2017, 06:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fearo View Post
Looks great,

Do you maybe have a parts list of the things you need for the conversion?
I ordered the PR parts from bellgate distributors and the body on ebay.

Waterfall 11.99 71400036
Transmission case 15.99 71400056
Motor Plate 21.99 71400046

JConcepts S2 for B5M JCO0294 27.99/Free shipping
REIGNMAN_SCT likes this.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

REIGNMAN_SCT likes this.

Last edited by coaltrain; 11-04-2017 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Fixed pics
Old 11-04-2017, 12:51 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
I ordered the PR parts from bellgate distributors and the body on ebay.

Waterfall 11.99 71400036
Transmission case 15.99 71400056
Motor Plate 21.99 71400046

JConcepts S2 for B5M JCO0294 27.99/Free shipping
Yes sir that's the one . I have not yet gotten mine track ready yet but I bet it will be great on turf .
Old 11-13-2017, 12:26 PM
Tech Adept

gents, just laying out the electronics now. so with these shorty batteries.. +8mm exotek chassis. 'normal' battery layout.

can't remember who, but he said "run the battery in the most forward position".... should i mount the esc between the motor and the battery in the middle of the chassis? or leave a void space and mount the esc on the side pod as well as reciever?

I can also dremel a +8 dimec plastic chassis to run a horizontal shorty battery position.
and mount the electronics down the middle.

thoughts?
Old 11-13-2017, 12:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by banx View Post
gents, just laying out the electronics now. so with these shorty batteries.. +8mm exotek chassis. 'normal' battery layout.

can't remember who, but he said "run the battery in the most forward position".... should i mount the esc between the motor and the battery in the middle of the chassis? or leave a void space and mount the esc on the side pod as well as reciever?

I can also dremel a +8 dimec plastic chassis to run a horizontal shorty battery position.
and mount the electronics down the middle.

thoughts?
What kind of track? Are you hurting for traction? If not, there's no reason to run the battery horizontal as it just helps get the weight back further.

When I was still racing my DEX210, I had the ESC in the side pod. I had two foams behind the battery and one in front so it probably wouldn't have fit anyway.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:46 PM
Tech Adept

it's carpet.... I haven't even driven it yet. just asking for a starting point before going through a bunch of two sided tape.

mocking up the install theres room for the battery pushed close to the servo. with enough space to mount the esc behind the battery. have the caps from the esc on one pod and the receiver on the other.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:22 PM
Tech Champion

it's carpet.... I haven't even driven it yet. just asking for a starting point before going through a bunch of two sided tape.

mocking up the install theres room for the battery pushed close to the servo. with enough space to mount the esc behind the battery. have the caps from the esc on one pod and the receiver on the other.
I was going to mount the ESC on the side pod , how did it go ? Did you run it yet?
Old 11-25-2017, 02:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by peter george View Post
I was going to mount the ESC on the side pod , how did it go ? Did you run it yet?
no I have not run it yet. the fishing has been too good to spend any time on wrenching.

I am just about done making the shock towers. +2mm for the front ones. have completed the capt america bump steer mod and the diff case brace. also ordered a custom chassis skin.

I've sat staring at the buggy nursing a coffee wondering if the battery pushed that far forward would be too much weight up front. I have a fan for the esc and i'm not to concerned about temps bein so close to the motor.

here is a pic of the mock up.... hopefully you guys have done the photobucket fix.

any thoughts are appreciated.

EbbTide likes this.
Old 11-25-2017, 03:20 PM
Tech Champion

Capt America bump steer mod ? Must have missed that one , also what's the fix to see the photobucket pictures ? Thanks
Old 11-25-2017, 05:02 PM
Tech Adept

........"In the cases where former/current PhotoBucket users haven't deleted all their albums.
Chrome and Firefox now have an extension, Photobucket Embed Fix, that will display 3rd party hosted images.
It will fix all your broken pics, no need for you to do anything, it runs entirely in the background.

Click Tools>Add-Ons (Or press CTL+Shift+A) >select Extensions > enter "photobucket embed" in the Search box (upper right corner) > then click the install button."

and bumpsteer mod.

Team Durango DEX210 - Bumpsteer Elimination Modification
Old 11-25-2017, 06:50 PM
Tech Champion

........"In the cases where former/current PhotoBucket users haven't deleted all their albums.
Chrome and Firefox now have an extension, Photobucket Embed Fix, that will display 3rd party hosted images.
It will fix all your broken pics, no need for you to do anything, it runs entirely in the background.

Click Tools>Add-Ons (Or press CTL+Shift+A) >select Extensions > enter "photobucket embed" in the Search box (upper right corner) > then click the install button."

and bumpsteer mod.

Team Durango DEX210 - Bumpsteer Elimination Modification
Thank you sir
Old 12-14-2017, 08:34 AM
Tech Adept

well little update for you gents. I think I will be putting quite a bit of focus on rc now in the coming new year. I destroyed my knee at hockey and will be getting surgery shortly.

so instead of a random weekday or saturday, I will likely be at the track 3 or 4 times a week now.... as soon as I can drive my truck again.

i have mocked up the electronics and mounted some pro line primes for the carpet season. starting with a 31/72 gearing for a 17.5 motor.

carbon diff brace is done, but I am very very unhappy with the front carbon tower i made. +2mm. It's not close enough to perfect. it looks good, but it's not exact enough.

when I go to back to work I will make a better one as I will have a shop to work in with proper clamps and a drill press.

in the meantime I ordered front and rear carbon towers from strc. same with a motor plate for bling.

Search - dex210

that exotek chassis for 49$ is pretty temping now that I won't be spending $20 on beer every sunday at hockey.
EbbTide likes this.
Old 12-14-2017, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

well little update for you gents. I think I will be putting quite a bit of focus on rc now in the coming new year. I destroyed my knee at hockey and will be getting surgery shortly.

so instead of a random weekday or saturday, I will likely be at the track 3 or 4 times a week now.... as soon as I can drive my truck again.

i have mocked up the electronics and mounted some pro line primes for the carpet season. starting with a 31/72 gearing for a 17.5 motor.

carbon diff brace is done, but I am very very unhappy with the front carbon tower i made. +2mm. It's not close enough to perfect. it looks good, but it's not exact enough.

when I go to back to work I will make a better one as I will have a shop to work in with proper clamps and a drill press.

in the meantime I ordered front and rear carbon towers from strc. same with a motor plate for bling.

Search - dex210

that exotek chassis for 49$ is pretty temping now that I won't be spending $20 on beer every sunday at hockey.
I hope you have a speedy recovery my friend I highly recommend picking up one of those Exotek chassis while they're still available. I almost don't even want to use any of the carbon fiber exotek chassis plates I have because of it lol.
Old 12-14-2017, 10:32 AM
Tech Adept

thanks man. glad I live in canada and have extended health through my employer.

so ya, my thinking to justify another chassis purchase for an obsolete buggy is that the carbon exotek chassis can go back on the buggy when she becomes a shelf queen. it is purdy.

my chassis protector showed up as well.... it's basically track ready now.
EbbTide likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service