Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WallyRC
Want to see an image of that body!!
lol it's in the works! Currently my painter is trying to design something to fit on my last DEX210 body to represent Darth Vader so I haven't even seen how it might look. He's done storm troopers before but this is a first for him. I'll definitely post it here once it's done.
Old 04-30-2017, 07:20 PM
Tech Addict

Jeez, I go away for a few weeks and all the Durango threads fall to the back of the bus and stuff. I take it nothing new has been heard?

As soon as I got settled a finally tore down my used DEX210V1. All my new Orion stuff was waiting in the mailbox so full restoration has commenced. I'm doing this car up as a RM4 with an R10.1 Pro and VST2 pro 6.5T. This thing should be a low traction rocket. I disregarded all TD setups right out of the gate and am setting it up similar to my 4th gen AE buggies. 30° caster, high roll centers with (2x1.6 450cst F) (2x1.7 400cst R), Dark green fronts and black rears and 4° rear toe with zero Anti-Squat.

It's supposed to storm this week so I'll likely have it running by the end of the week. For some reason I'm really stoked about this old car. The body is awesome. It really looks like a lot of thought went into its design. Curves like an Italian exotic sports car. Anyway, everyone still breathing in here?
Old 04-30-2017, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Alan_r
Jeez, I go away for a few weeks and all the Durango threads fall to the back of the bus and stuff. I take it nothing new has been heard?

As soon as I got settled a finally tore down my used DEX210V1. All my new Orion stuff was waiting in the mailbox so full restoration has commenced. I'm doing this car up as a RM4 with an R10.1 Pro and VST2 pro 6.5T. This thing should be a low traction rocket. I disregarded all TD setups right out of the gate and am setting it up similar to my 4th gen AE buggies. 30° caster, high roll centers with (2x1.6 450cst F) (2x1.7 400cst R), Dark green fronts and black rears and 4° rear toe with zero Anti-Squat.

It's supposed to storm this week so I'll likely have it running by the end of the week. For some reason I'm really stoked about this old car. The body is awesome. It really looks like a lot of thought went into its design. Curves like an Italian exotic sports car. Anyway, everyone still breathing in here?
Im fully intent on racing this buggy again but I have been extremely lazy in getting my car setup for a mod motor. I still need to replace the top shaft and install the slipper. Or I guess I could take a chance running the slipper eliminator on a 7.5t motor lol

And I'd really like to get my last body painted before I put it back on track but my painter is severely backed up with outdoor season coming up. So I'm just running my on road my 4x4 buggies atm.
Old 05-01-2017, 12:16 AM
Tech Addict

Hi Alan, i'm still here aswell!

I now have all the bits together, for my Durango fleet(210v1, 210F, 410v3 and the 410v5)
Hopfully get some time to built them up fully, as i had to do some work in and arround our house and the back yard, but it's finished now.

I'm looking forward to drive them, as the outdoor track i mostly run, went to astro at the end of last season.

Also got some spares, so should be covered for this season too, for all of my buggys!
Old 05-01-2017, 11:31 AM
Tech Adept

ya, I am kinda choked up. I missed out on the end of the carpet season here as my batteries did not get delivered in time.... and my carbon fiber sheet is still missing, thats over two months ago.

I have no intention of racing outdoors this summer, rather spend my free time camping and fishing. so the buggy is sitting on a shelf...... no electronics installed. exotek chassis still in its package. though it is setup and ready to go as a roller.

won't get a chance to test out the homemade tower unless I drive 120miles across the american border to test it on a clay track.

these brutal shipping times has killed my ambition, it's likely it will be floating around in purgatory until the middle of october
Old 05-02-2017, 09:10 PM
Tech Addict

Default Lay down transmission

Really want to try a laydown in my dex. Been looking at other brands to modify. Think the serpent one is close. I know there would be some modifications. I already have he exotek rear camber mod.
Thoughts??
Old 05-03-2017, 11:00 AM
Tech Addict

Hi Wally,

About laydown gearbox, what do you think about somthing like this?

Its an original 210 gearbox fitted in the 210F rear end, but i skiped the projekt, as our track went to astro, so the 210F will be the better car for that surface, i guess.

If you are interested in some more details, just let me know?
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-image.jpeg  
Old 05-03-2017, 11:52 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by micholix
Hi Wally,

About laydown gearbox, what do you think about somthing like this?

Its an original 210 gearbox fitted in the 210F rear end, but i skiped the projekt, as our track went to astro, so the 210F will be the better car for that surface, i guess.

If you are interested in some more details, just let me know?
I have a 210f as well that I just fitted with a Kyosho ball diff. Need to widen the outdrives because the Kyosho pins must be smaller than most. I should of tried a b44 ball diff first. But I got a used Kyosho one for cheap. Any ideas on widening the groove in the outdrives. I was going to try and dremel them. As for your idea, I want to spur even lower. Like the rest of the laydowns. I liked the serpent one because it looks like our shock tower may fit on it.

Your 210f stock will kick butt on Astro.

Last edited by WallyRC; 05-07-2017 at 06:08 PM.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

I have a 210f as well that I just fitted with a Kyosho ball diff. Need to widen the outdrives because the Kyosho pins must be smaller than most. I should of tried a b44 ball diff first. But I got a used Kyosho one for cheap. Any ideas on widening the groove in the outdrives. I was going to try and dremel them. As for your idea, I want to spur even lower. Like the rest of the laydowns. I liked the serpent one because it looks like our shock tower may fit on it.

Your 210f stock will kick butt in Astro.
Perhaps you can make a little rig that allows the outdrives to sit on a bearing horizontally and you rotate the outdrive while using some sort of jewler's scribe to score the outdrive to try and widen it?
Old 05-04-2017, 07:06 AM
Tech Rookie

The laydown transmission from a PR-S1 FM will fit with slight modification at the base of the case to allow it to fit between the suspension hangers. You'll need the PR top shaft also, but the diff and 32-tooth idler gear should transfer from the DEX210.
jon.lindgren likes this.
Old 05-05-2017, 02:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by petrolhed
The laydown transmission from a PR-S1 FM will fit with slight modification at the base of the case to allow it to fit between the suspension hangers. You'll need the PR top shaft also, but the diff and 32-tooth idler gear should transfer from the DEX210.
That is great news. Do you have a good distributor to order from. I am sure I will need the motor plate as well?
Old 05-05-2017, 09:23 PM
Tech Rookie

That is great news. Do you have a good distributor to order from. I am sure I will need the motor plate as well?
Yes, you'll need the motor plate as well. I ordered from bellgate distributors, shipping was quick and cheap to the midwest US. I did the sideways shorty mod with the v1 sidepods, but still had to do some trimming to fit the motor and motor plate. You'll have to get creative for a battery hold-down, too.
Old 05-07-2017, 01:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by petrolhed
Yes, you'll need the motor plate as well. I ordered from bellgate distributors, shipping was quick and cheap to the midwest US. I did the sideways shorty mod with the v1 sidepods, but still had to do some trimming to fit the motor and motor plate. You'll have to get creative for a battery hold-down, too.
I can see how the transmission will work. But how did you mount the rear shock tower?? That is one reason why I was looking at the serpent tranny. It looks to have the same style mount for the rear tower.
Thanks!! Maybe even the B6 laydown.
Can you post a pic??

Last edited by WallyRC; 05-07-2017 at 06:06 PM.
Old 05-08-2017, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I really wish 1/10 off-road hadn't died here.
Old 05-08-2017, 04:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Default is a nice model to make an expiremental 3d metal printing

is a nice model to make an experimental 3d metal printing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.