Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Durango DEX210 Thread >

Durango DEX210 Thread

Like Tree68Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Reply

Old 10-12-2016, 12:39 PM
  #18406  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
GasGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tween a Rock & a Hard Place in Pa.
Posts: 1,279
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

snap ring, plus I have 3-4 other diffs laying around and parts are a pita to get and $$$. Plus its a PITA to get it out.I run carpet so its hard on the diff and they don't seem to last long. I think the 210 mid motor 4 is the best carpet car I have ever driven. And I have them all losi RB6,B5m,ect. I would spend the$$ if I was inclined to believe Durango won't go bye bye--I hope they don't.
GasGod is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 02:48 PM
  #18407  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (252)
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 30,837
Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by GasGod View Post
snap ring, plus I have 3-4 other diffs laying around and parts are a pita to get and $$$. Plus its a PITA to get it out.I run carpet so its hard on the diff and they don't seem to last long. I think the 210 mid motor 4 is the best carpet car I have ever driven. And I have them all losi RB6,B5m,ect. I would spend the$$ if I was inclined to believe Durango won't go bye bye--I hope they don't.
you should try the dex10f
Cain is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 06:00 PM
  #18408  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
asalas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 176
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Hi,

Has anybody tried fitting an INTECH ER-12 body on a DEX210 chassis? Given that the intech buggy is a dex210 clone I would assume it would be a close to perfect fit.

I have never seen that brand here down under. Maybe somebody in the USA has tried that? Maybe even the Intech arms fit in the DEX210?

Thanks.
asalas is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 09:23 AM
  #18409  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (8)
 
Kremzeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mt. Horeb, WI
Posts: 783
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by asalas View Post
Hi,

Has anybody tried fitting an INTECH ER-12 body on a DEX210 chassis? Given that the intech buggy is a dex210 clone I would assume it would be a close to perfect fit.
Good question. Going by photos, it looks like the body from the original ER-12 would fit on the DEX210v1 but I don't think it would fit over the sidepods on the v2/v3. The body on the ER-12 2.0 looks really narrow. Probably wouldn't fit on the DEX210 at all unless you maybe had the Exotek chassis.
Kremzeek is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 03:45 PM
  #18410  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
asalas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 176
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

That's a good point Kremzeek. Has anybody tried fitting a different body on the 210V2-V3? Nobody sells them and the 2 bodies I still have are getting older.

I thought about 2 options:
1.- buying a V1 body (seems to be available at Amain and Tower) and cutting the V2-V3 sidepods to match the V1 shape.
2.- 3D printing narrower side pods (wider at the servo area though) to fit a different body (like a yz2).

I really hope those guys don't give up on TD. Down under people have started advising you against buying anything TD (not that anything is on stock).

I'll share what I come up with after some CAD time.

Cheers
asalas is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 04:32 PM
  #18411  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (8)
 
Kremzeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mt. Horeb, WI
Posts: 783
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

There's a guy from the UK on eBay selling KO bodies. Prices aren't that bad, even with shipping. Only real downside is that they don't include window masks.

Some people have used the Jconcepts body with the v2/v3. Personally I don't like how it fits over the side pods but its better than nothing.
Kremzeek is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 05:17 PM
  #18412  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
asalas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 176
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kremzeek View Post
There's a guy from the UK on eBay selling KO bodies. Prices aren't that bad, even with shipping. Only real downside is that they don't include window masks.

Some people have used the Jconcepts body with the v2/v3. Personally I don't like how it fits over the side pods but its better than nothing.

Hi Kremzeek, would you be able to post a link to this KO bodies you mentioned? how do I find him on google/ebay?
thank you.
asalas is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 07:12 PM
  #18413  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (8)
 
Kremzeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mt. Horeb, WI
Posts: 783
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by asalas View Post
Hi Kremzeek, would you be able to post a link to this KO bodies you mentioned? how do I find him on google/ebay?
thank you.
Here you go:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272401069842...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

He's got a couple others for the dex210 but this one is like the stock v2 body.
Kremzeek is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 01:00 AM
  #18414  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6
Default

Originally Posted by asalas View Post
That's a good point Kremzeek. Has anybody tried fitting a different body on the 210V2-V3? Nobody sells them and the 2 bodies I still have are getting older.

I thought about 2 options:
1.- buying a V1 body (seems to be available at Amain and Tower) and cutting the V2-V3 sidepods to match the V1 shape.

Cheers
No need to cut sidepods. Stretch body on sidepods and use hot air blower to shape body. I'we used this metod to fit JC Finnisher body on v3 chassis.
jon.lindgren is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 04:37 PM
  #18415  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
asalas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 176
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kremzeek View Post
Here you go:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272401069842...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

He's got a couple others for the dex210 but this one is like the stock v2 body.
Thanks so much for the link.

Hey, jon.lindgren, doesn't the blowdryer deform the Lexan?

Thanks both of you guys.
asalas is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 12:10 AM
  #18416  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6
Default

Originally Posted by asalas View Post
Thanks so much for the link.

Hey, jon.lindgren, doesn't the blowdryer deform the Lexan?

Thanks both of you guys.
Blowdryer is not warm enough. You need to get ~140C to form Lexan.
I still can't post links, google polycarbonate wiki.
jon.lindgren is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 12:41 PM
  #18417  
Tech Rookie
 
ngrover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 10
Default

I used a heat gun. I got one side to mold around the side pod just perfectly. The other side got a bit of a sharp kink in the lexan around the side pod. The lesson there was that I held the heat gun too close to the body and I should have probably taken more time with it on a lower-heat setting. But yes, a heat gut will deform the lexan.. which is what you want... just don't over do it. Once the body starts to get really warm, it reacts a bit like heat shrink.
ngrover is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 12:36 PM
  #18418  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (8)
 
Kremzeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mt. Horeb, WI
Posts: 783
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the DEX210v2 body at Tower has gone from a Mid-Oct ship date to "On Order" with no estimated ship date. I'll probably order one of those repro bodies from the UK now.
Kremzeek is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 12:49 PM
  #18419  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
rcjunky1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 2,192
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

I wish he also made a v5 body to justify the shipping costs, I like the 210f body and the TD one is temporarily unavailable and as far as I know, no other options exist
rcjunky1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 09:11 AM
  #18420  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (8)
 
Kremzeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mt. Horeb, WI
Posts: 783
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I'm not sure about Canada, but shipping to the US isn't bad. I think total cost comes out to like $24, which is about what you'd pay for the TD body plus shipping.
Kremzeek is online now  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service