Durango DEX210 Thread >

Durango DEX210 Thread

Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 02:32 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WallyRC
Cain, did those parts you ordered from Intech work?? I see they have shock shafts without the screw. Wonder if their shock pistons are he same size as Durango's?
yup they worked fine.
Old 07-21-2016, 02:39 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks.
Old 07-23-2016, 11:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Rear shock's code

Can't resist on the temptation thus finally get my hands on a used DEX210, such a good car, why not?
XD

Need help on some info though…
Ex-owner gave me cheapo rear shocks, which I need to change to original spec. Now, what's the code for the rear shock? I dip into eBay but only found shock's parts. Buying shock body, shock cap, shock shaft, shock seals, etc separately will cost me an arm and a leg!
Doesn't Durango sell shocks in set which come complete with everything?
Is DEX410 share the same shock (length) with DEX210?

Any help will be much appreciated!

Last edited by CARD; 07-23-2016 at 11:36 AM.
Old 07-23-2016, 12:14 PM
Tech Regular

Go to Durango's website, there is a list of all standard parts, option parts and a link for downloading the manual
Old 07-23-2016, 01:41 PM
Tech Legend

yeah you may luck out if someone is parting out a dex210v3 or dex410v5, but wouldn't hold my breath. May be cheaper to just buy another dex210v2, etc. for parts.

Alright I got a chance today to run my dex210V2-P (I say that as has a Plan b chassis) and its variety of upgrades. The track is a mixture of dirt and some rocks in it, calcium chloride (will be cleaning tonight to protect parts) and a few small jumps. Very tight lanes. based on conditions I started with some Panther step pins and they worked fairly well but I still had a tad too much rotation due to when the car wanted to break free. As the surface started to harden up without any loam, I decided to try some Proline M4 blockades I have and I took 1 shim out of the stock setting on the Exotek rear bulkhead. The car was much better in the turns, I could control where it would break free with much more ease.

Unfortunately we got rained out so this change was more so in testing, I planned to try lengthening the rear camber link to see if it would plant more, or, removing another shim as I think the shims are less agressive change than the link change.

All in all though, I had a good smile on my face and felt I could compete with the hotshoe with the Xray XB2.

I did get a chance to test fit some bodies on my chassis and what I found was that the Xray xb2 body looks like a perfect fit with some trimming for my Plan B chassis. The Losi body however is too narrow for my comfort.
Old 07-24-2016, 05:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Did anyone here own both the DEX210 & DEX410?
Mind to check for me, if both have rear shock with same length? Or do they share the same rear shock?
Old 07-24-2016, 07:41 AM
Tech Legend

you can confirm this by going to team durangos site and pull up the parts in question. They have a pretty cool setup that shows the part and what vehicles its compatible with.

For example:

http://www.team-durango.com/part-inf...artNo=TD330169

The modl is important with what you are comparing for the dex210 versus dex410 versions as the Dex410v5 has parts that are compatible with the dex210f only, which makes sense.
Old 07-24-2016, 07:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cain
you can confirm this by going to team durangos site and pull up the parts in question. They have a pretty cool setup that shows the part and what vehicles its compatible with.

For example:

http://www.team-durango.com/part-inf...artNo=TD330169

The modl is important with what you are comparing for the dex210 versus dex410 versions as the Dex410v5 has parts that are compatible with the dex210f only, which makes sense.
Also at the bottom of the page is a link to a parts reference chart that shows compatibility of every part and which models they fit
Old 07-24-2016, 08:24 AM
Tech Legend

so I am looking at different options for a rear shock tower as I think the tower I have is more of a V1 design.

For the aftermarket towers out there, which do you guys recommend to get? I was thinking the strc one on the cheap, but I don't know if its a V2 style design or not.
Old 07-24-2016, 05:21 PM
Tech Addict

Cain,
The STRC ones are the V1 geometry. If you want the new geometry and on the cheaper side. I believe diggity design has the lowered one for about 20 bucks. You could also try the Intech one maybe?? I think it was 18 bucks. I have a diggity designs on my DEST, works great. Good quality.
Old 07-24-2016, 05:45 PM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
so I am looking at different options for a rear shock tower as I think the tower I have is more of a V1 design.

For the aftermarket towers out there, which do you guys recommend to get? I was thinking the strc one on the cheap, but I don't know if its a V2 style design or not.
Exotek http://www.exotekracing.com/dex210v3...n-shock-tower/
Old 07-24-2016, 06:29 PM
Tech Legend

Cain,
The STRC ones are the V1 geometry. If you want the new geometry and on the cheaper side. I believe diggity design has the lowered one for about 20 bucks. You could also try the Intech one maybe?? I think it was 18 bucks. I have a diggity designs on my DEST, works great. Good quality.
this one from intech?

http://www.dialedhobbies.com/er-12m-...09-detail.html

could work as the tranny case looks the same:

curious on there body too since it is used on a traverse shorty setup:

Old 07-24-2016, 07:19 PM
Tech Addict

Cain,
I don't know what the geometry is on the Intech rear shock tower, V1 or V2?? I'm trying to find out what the lengths of their shock shafts are??

The body on he other hand may fit your plan b nicely. I see you requested width dimensions on the Intech thread.

Let us know what you find out.

Also,
Anyone??
I was at the track today and my son drives the Dex, finally getting good forward and side bite, descent steering, but car seems twitchy on landings, if he lands a little off kilter, the car gets really squirrelly. Would turn real quick one way or the other??? Mess him up in the rhythm section ... Almost like I wanted to dial down a little of the sidebite so it would slide a tiny bit??
Suggestions??

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-24-2016, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Cain,
I don't know what the geometry is on the Intech rear shock tower, V1 or V2?? I'm trying to find out what the lengths of their shock shafts are??

The body on he other hand may fit your plan b nicely. I see you requested width dimensions on the Intech thread.

Let us know what you find out.

Also,
Anyone??
I was at the track today and my son drives the Dex, finally getting good forward and side bite, descent steering, but car seems twitchy on landings, if he lands a little off kilter, the car gets really squirrelly. Would turn real quick one way or the other??? Mess him up in the rhythm section ... Almost like I wanted to dial down a little of the sidebite so it would slide a tiny bit??
Suggestions??

Thanks in advance.
The V1 rear tower and shocks are the better choice. I use the STRC rear tower.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:28 PM
Tech Addict

DEX210V3 rear shocks. TD230005

Originally Posted by CARD
Can't resist on the temptation thus finally get my hands on a used DEX210, such a good car, why not?
XD

Need help on some info though…
Ex-owner gave me cheapo rear shocks, which I need to change to original spec. Now, what's the code for the rear shock? I dip into eBay but only found shock's parts. Buying shock body, shock cap, shock shaft, shock seals, etc separately will cost me an arm and a leg!
Doesn't Durango sell shocks in set which come complete with everything?
Is DEX410 share the same shock (length) with DEX210?

Any help will be much appreciated!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.