Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Durango DEX210 Thread >

Durango DEX210 Thread

Like Tree68Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Reply

Old 04-09-2016, 09:32 PM
  #17611  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 725
Default

Originally Posted by wyd View Post
When you guys do the battery mod how are you holding the battery in? Double sided tape?
I used a B5m Schelle racing battery brace and it allows you to take it in and out and hold down the battery. I will try and post pics later. I did a combo B5 brace and turnbuckles on my DEST that is working well too.

Last edited by WallyRC; 04-10-2016 at 12:49 AM.
WallyRC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 06:52 AM
  #17612  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 481
Default

http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/...403_083601.jpg

What charger and Lipos are you Durango guys using.
I'm running castle in my Durangos, and Common Sense Lipos, it's a good combination.
As well as my Hitec X4 A/C charger.
bmag5000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 11:56 AM
  #17613  
Tech Adept
 
Hitokiri_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The land of Vikings (Denmark in Europe)
Posts: 196
Default

I finished connecting the eletronics today. Here's a few pics of the end result.











Yes the soldering job on the motor could be prettier, but alas my hands shake too much to do better. I'll attempt to do a clean up job some day.
Hitokiri_2000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 01:28 PM
  #17614  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 481
Default

Nice!
bmag5000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 02:42 PM
  #17615  
Tech Master
iTrader: (66)
 
Laker67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,910
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by wyd View Post
When you guys do the battery mod how are you holding the battery in? Double sided tape?
I don't use 2-sided tape. I like to be able to pull the battery and change it out. I mounted the battery stops on both sides of the battery half way up the side pods so I can move the battery forward or backward depending on traction and used B5 battery foams to hold the battery. The turnbuckles hold onto the battery tight enough it doesn't move too. I've been really happy with the setup, it makes the car easier to drive in my opinion. I run mod and have taken some pretty sweet spills accidentally doing wheelies down the straight and the battery doesn't move. To each their own but this is how it's worked for me.
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-image.jpg  
Laker67 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 12:22 AM
  #17616  
wyd
Tech Legend
iTrader: (50)
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,200
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by WallyRC View Post
I used a B5m Schelle racing battery brace and it allows you to take it in and out and hold down the battery. I will try and post pics later. I did a combo B5 brace and turnbuckles on my DEST that is working well too.
Thanks. I will check into that setup.
wyd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 12:25 AM
  #17617  
wyd
Tech Legend
iTrader: (50)
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,200
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Laker67 View Post
I don't use 2-sided tape. I like to be able to pull the battery and change it out. I mounted the battery stops on both sides of the battery half way up the side pods so I can move the battery forward or backward depending on traction and used B5 battery foams to hold the battery. The turnbuckles hold onto the battery tight enough it doesn't move too. I've been really happy with the setup, it makes the car easier to drive in my opinion. I run mod and have taken some pretty sweet spills accidentally doing wheelies down the straight and the battery doesn't move. To each their own but this is how it's worked for me.
Thanks. Looks like a clean setup. Not racing my 210 til fall but will work on it over the next few weeks. Just finished cleaning it all up.
wyd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 06:56 AM
  #17618  
psl
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 101
Default

Here is how I made the change. I ground down the side pods and I used felt pads to balance the battery for spacers. The wires are not finalized yet in this picture.

Durango DEX210 Thread-transverse-v2-battery.jpg
psl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 07:56 AM
  #17619  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 481
Default

Ordering my Dex 210 version 3 May 1st. I already have the brushless system and servo for it.
I pulled the metal gear servo outa my 8th scale 835e Duratrax buggy to run in the Durango.
The brushless system I bought was a sidewinder 4600kv. Same system I have in my Durango Stadium Truck.
These castles are punchy and I like them.
bmag5000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 08:22 AM
  #17620  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (252)
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 30,930
Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)
Default

should work well.

One thing you may want to pickup is a set of alloy hexes. If you are doing 12mm wheels front and rear, exoteks setup for the rear works great, and there titanium ones work for the front well too I have heard, I am cheap and use the b5 axle setup, its a bit narrower but I am noticing anything big standing out.
Cain is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 08:51 AM
  #17621  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 481
Default

The car is going to be ran outdoors so I took the gear diff transmission off my old Dex 210 to mount on the new car.
Transmission I cleaned it up and put 20,000 wt associated in the gear diff.
And I lubed up the gears with Associated black grease.

I'm still going to build the ball diff transmission but I'll use it indoors.

Last edited by bmag5000; 04-11-2016 at 09:27 AM.
bmag5000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 09:59 AM
  #17622  
wyd
Tech Legend
iTrader: (50)
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,200
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by psl View Post
Here is how I made the change. I ground down the side pods and I used felt pads to balance the battery for spacers. The wires are not finalized yet in this picture.

Attachment 1359117
Looks great. I think I will do a combination on all the ones posted. Who knows by then Durango might have new side pods out with the changes but if not I got great ideas so I will just combine all the ones that work best for me. Off to a great start with what everyone posted.
wyd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 10:24 AM
  #17623  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 481
Default

Durango goodie drawer...lol
I'm prepared for the version 3 can't you tell..
bmag5000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 10:44 AM
  #17624  
wyd
Tech Legend
iTrader: (50)
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,200
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bmag5000 View Post
Durango goodie drawer...lol
I'm prepared for the version 3 can't you tell..
Just make sure you have alum rear hexes for it and the Exotek front hex setup. The plastic kit ones suck and Durango should know better than to send those crappy plastic ones. I'm sure not one of their team drivers runs that shitty setup and especially the front ones.
wyd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 11:17 AM
  #17625  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 481
Default

Right I'll order aluminum hexes when I order the car from my local track.
bmag5000 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service