Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 03:57 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by fredswain
Yes I got it all installed. I haven't driven it yet though. The gearbox mod was fun. Lots of dremel work to do. The top shaft went in without a hitch.
Fred, have you tried the RDRP front steering rack. It drops the front ball studs down a few millimeters. Has helped me eliminated bump steer.
Old 02-01-2016, 04:02 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cain
well, I think I am going to go to my standard colors for wheels here. I just can't do the yellow wheel thing lol. So there will be a whole bunch of wheels and tire sets up for sale soon, lots of indoor style tires with molded inserts.

Anyway, I am looking to go to white wheels, so I figure I'll look into the 12mm setup and see if its worth it. Right now, I am looking at these for the rear:

DER-BB-LRW DE Racing Borrego Buggy Wheels TLR 22/AE B4 Rear White

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDEXW&P=7

That sound about right?

As for the front, I am not sure what works. I want the same style of wheel, and I see one type listed for the RB5/B4 and another listed for the TL22. Which of these works?

I am also looking at getting the exotek 12mm front hex setup here:

http://www.exotekracing.com/dex210-1...-axles-1-pair/

or, I am thinking this:

ASC91406 B5 Hexes

any opinions on these? I am assuming they work the same for fitment, thats the main thing I am wondering.

Lastly, with the current TD330382 steering set being very hard to fine, I was thinking of getting this from exotek:

http://www.exotekracing.com/desc210-...steering-hubs/

any opinions on that?
I went with the B5 front axels. I did go with the -1 mm width ones. I think the standard ones will work better. Had to shim my front steering knuckle forward to keep from rubbing on the front of the AArm.
I am using front and rear DE racing B5 rims which I think are similar to the B4.
Old 02-01-2016, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WallyRC
Fred, have you tried the RDRP front steering rack. It drops the front ball studs down a few millimeters. Has helped me eliminated bump steer.
I have the Exotek set. I need 6mm of outer shims to eliminate bump steer. Unfortunately spacing it that much introduces flex in the steering hub. Now I'll probably end up adding the Exotek aluminum hubs too.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:38 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

cool. how do they feel? like durable? I am looking to order that or some B5 axles for a good price.

just having a good ol time finding the steering hub .

what wheels are you using by the way up front?
Typical Exotek craftsmanship and lightweight. I can't say about B5 axles as I have Lundsford titanium which are around the same price. My wheels slide on so nice compared to the stock plastic setup. I feel this is where Durango misses the boat. They design a nice car but then skimp on the hex setup with plastic and crappy ones at that.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:04 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Typical Exotek craftsmanship and lightweight. I can't say about B5 axles as I have Lundsford titanium which are around the same price. My wheels slide on so nice compared to the stock plastic setup. I feel this is where Durango misses the boat. They design a nice car but then skimp on the hex setup with plastic and crappy ones at that.
cool! yeah, they could go alloy for sure there, though, they probably then would need to pick a wheel standard I guess for the hex.

Are these the ones you are using for b5 wheels?

Rear
DER-SB-ARW 1/10 Speedline Wheel (AE B4.2/B44.2/B44.3/B5/B5M/Losi 22/22 2.0/22-4) - (rear) - WHITE

Fronts
DER-SB-AFW DE Racing 12mm Hex "Speedline" 2.2 1/10 Buggy Front Wheels(2) (B5/RB6) (White)

I messaged exotek about exotek part # 1294 steering hub that was designed for the desc210 and here is their response:

... The hub arm are about 4mm higher ( to correct the bump steer) so they may interfere with the inner wheel- just a guess as they are very close to hitting the SC wheel already.
Any thoughts on this? I am tempted on buying it, but its not a cheap option so would hate to have an expensive paperweight sitting here.

I decided to go with the B5 axles for now, found a place selling some for a $1 + shipping so I picked up 2 pairs for about the price of one after the shipping cost.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:24 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

cool! yeah, they could go alloy for sure there, though, they probably then would need to pick a wheel standard I guess for the hex.

Are these the ones you are using for b5 wheels?

Rear
DER-SB-ARW 1/10 Speedline Wheel (AE B4.2/B44.2/B44.3/B5/B5M/Losi 22/22 2.0/22-4) - (rear) - WHITE

Fronts
DER-SB-AFW DE Racing 12mm Hex "Speedline" 2.2 1/10 Buggy Front Wheels(2) (B5/RB6) (White)

I messaged exotek about exotek part # 1294 steering hub that was designed for the desc210 and here is their response:

Any thoughts on this? I am tempted on buying it, but its not a cheap option so would hate to have an expensive paperweight sitting here.

I decided to go with the B5 axles for now, found a place selling some for a $1 + shipping so I picked up 2 pairs for about the price of one after the shipping cost.
Yes I run both the Speedline ones you posted and also the 2.2 Borrego from DE racing. Not sure about the steering hub as on my stock ones I just have 2ea 2mm alum spacers like JP and Travis are using on my stock plastic hubs. No bump steer problems and no flexing problems so I didn't look at alum. steering knuckles. Only thing left I might change sometime is going to the Durango rear alum hubs but that is it. Pretty happy with the rest of my car at this time. I think my new springs will be in today to try or at least I hope and want to try a new rear camber position on the rear to the inner hole on the tranny case.
Old 02-02-2016, 10:32 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by wyd
Yes I run both the Speedline ones you posted and also the 2.2 Borrego from DE racing. Not sure about the steering hub as on my stock ones I just have 2ea 2mm alum spacers like JP and Travis are using on my stock plastic hubs. No bump steer problems and no flexing problems so I didn't look at alum. steering knuckles. Only thing left I might change sometime is going to the Durango rear alum hubs but that is it. Pretty happy with the rest of my car at this time. I think my new springs will be in today to try or at least I hope and want to try a new rear camber position on the rear to the inner hole on the tranny case.
cool thanks. the borregos I do like the styling a bit better. Assuming these are the ones in question:

Front:

DER-BB-KFW
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDEXM&P=7

Rear:

DER-BB-LRW
Old 02-02-2016, 12:09 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

cool thanks. the borregos I do like the styling a bit better. Assuming these are the ones in question:

Front:

DER-BB-KFW
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDEXM&P=7

Rear:

DER-BB-LRW
Those are the ones. I normally run the black or green rims.
Old 02-02-2016, 12:27 PM
Tech Legend

good stuff thanks!

so what is everyone's take on the 60mm wheel deal or 2.4" Plus as DE calls them?

I have to say, if I setup the other dex210 as the loner, may get it pink wheels lol.

I also picked up the mid motor bulkhead from exotek. looking forward to trying it out.
Old 02-02-2016, 04:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I bought this Dex210 used here on RCtech, I'm sure the seller will get back to me on this, I sent him a pm but I'm dying to figure this out tonite.

Does anyone know exactly what type of diff(Slipper) this is by looking at these 2 photos?
I ask because it slips really bad, I tried to drive it in the driveway tonite, I had to tighten the adjusting nut all the way til it stopped and it still slips like crazy.
Any suggestions on getting this thing to hook and book on concrete and pop some wheelies?
Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-20160202_184943.jpg   Durango DEX210 Thread-20160202_185008.jpg  

Last edited by prosport; 02-02-2016 at 05:53 PM.
Old 02-02-2016, 04:30 PM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by prosport
I bought this Dex210 used here on RCtech, I'm sure the seller will get back to me on this, I sent him a pm but I'm dying to figure this out tonite.

Does anyone know exactly what type of diff this is by looking at these 2 photos?
I ask because it slips really bad, I tried to drive it in the driveway tonite, I had to tighten the adjusting nut all the way til it stopped and it still slips like crazy.
Any suggestions on getting this thing to hook and book on concrete and pop some wheelies?
Thanks!
Are you referring to the diff or slipper?
If the diff is slipping, most likely the circlip has come out of its groove.
If it's the slipper, you may need to shim it a bit http://durangofansite.com/main.php?v..._Layshaft_Play
Old 02-02-2016, 05:01 PM
Tech Regular

Sorry, it's probably the slipper. Where would the shims go? I'm new to this. Thanks.
Old 02-02-2016, 05:02 PM
Tech Regular

Nevermind I see your link now, I'll have to figure it out. Thanks.
Old 02-02-2016, 05:39 PM
Tech Regular

I removed the slipper assembly, the lay shaft spins easily by hand and it seems to have zero play when trying to push/pull it.
I'm confused as to why this slipper won't grab.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default parts availability

Hi Guys,

Do you know what online shops are stocking all of the V3 upgrade parts? I have always used Amain but they don't have them in stock. maybe some in the UK?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.