Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Durango DEX210 Thread >

Durango DEX210 Thread

Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Reply

Old 11-07-2011, 09:01 AM
  #1591  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (52)
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,084
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Gwoodrc View Post
I was wandering if anyone has tried the rm3 to rm4 back to back yet to really get a good compairison on the track? I'm sure Cpt. would have if he hadn't spent 5 of the 6 hrs working on the diff (but atleast you have practice pulling the tranny now ), maybe Randy or someone else has had a chance . I am leaning toward rm3 just because every sucsesfull Pro driver with the car trough testing have been running rm3, even in europe on the bigger tracks, and if the rm4 was so any better than you would think that Jorn or some of the other drivers would have been running it .
They are also running on turf, no? Generally you will want to stick to RM3 if you have plenty of forward traction, and tire spin isn't an issue. (which is the case on turf/carpet). The lower the traction levels, the more you lean towards a rear-motor setup... first in the 3 gear, then last in the 4 gear.

If you can't get forward traction to your drive tires, you wont go anywhere, right? So it's just an option for fine tuning whether you have a front tire traction on-throttle bias , or a rear tire traction on-throttle bias.

Last edited by Cpt.America; 11-07-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Cpt.America is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:25 AM
  #1592  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (12)
 
madweazl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 2,580
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by teeforb View Post
i haven't been following this thread much lately. been to busy racy the 210... i am digging this buggy! So far, there are about 4 of us at the track. i tq and won sportsman buggy today. almost lap 2nd place. guys are complaining i should be running with the experts... lol... i would, but then i'll be loosing... the next track change i will go to expert... but this buggy is hooked up! i am running rm3...
We need a few more entries on a consistant basis.
madweazl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:52 AM
  #1593  
Tech Master
 
murky123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: netherlands
Posts: 1,031
Default

any news from durango on the next batch ?
murky123 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:10 AM
  #1594  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (52)
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,084
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

So I think I figured out what is wrong with my diff. I first want to appologize for getting all huffy-puffy about the car here on the forums... But after so much wrench time and so little run time on my only race day of the week, I was boiling over with frustration.

The issue with my diff is certainly a bad circlip. What was happening was, the circlip was popping out while running the car on the track, screwing up the diff. But then when pulling the diff apart to examine the diff for issues, I found the cirlip still installed... so that didn't LOOK like the problem. The clip was popping out a bit on the track, and it would then re-seat itself when I was taking the diff apart, fooling me into thinking that the clip wasn't the issue. Heck, it looked like it was in just fine, and in the right way.. but upon careful close examination and tinkering, i could get the clip to pop out with a bit of pressure from the other side.

So, I have a hand full of replacement circlips coming this week, and i'm 100% positive a new clip will fix all my issues.
Cpt.America is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:22 AM
  #1595  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
hopsing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 1,169
Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
So I think I figured out what is wrong with my diff. I first want to appologize for getting all huffy-puffy about the car here on the forums... But after so much wrench time and so little run time on my only race day of the week, I was boiling over with frustration.

The issue with my diff is certainly a bad circlip. What was happening was, the circlip was popping out while running the car on the track, screwing up the diff. But then when pulling the diff apart to examine the diff for issues, I found the cirlip still installed... so that didn't LOOK like the problem. The clip was popping out a bit on the track, and it would then re-seat itself when I was taking the diff apart, fooling me into thinking that the clip wasn't the issue. Heck, it looked like it was in just fine, and in the right way.. but upon careful close examination and tinkering, i could get the clip to pop out with a bit of pressure from the other side.

So, I have a hand full of replacement circlips coming this week, and i'm 100% positive a new clip will fix all my issues.

hopsing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:12 AM
  #1596  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 105
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Where did you purchase the replacement circlips? I am having the same issue with my diff but am having trouble finding replacements. Every place i find them there is a minimum $25 order.
egilliland23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:14 AM
  #1597  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (52)
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,084
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by egilliland23 View Post
Where did you purchase the replacement circlips? I am having the same issue with my diff but am having trouble finding replacements. Every place i find them there is a minimum $25 order.
mcmaster carr has 50 for $8... or fastenal $25 for the larger order. I myself got 20 on ebay for $8. (oops)

http://www.mcmaster.com/#retaining-rings/=eu0fdp - Scroll down a bit and you will see Metric Internal Retaining Rings.
Cpt.America is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:18 AM
  #1598  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 105
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Thanks! $8 is better than $25. i too was frustrated with the diff this past weekend and did not come across the circlip problem until i got home and played with the diff on the bench.
egilliland23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:26 AM
  #1599  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (52)
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,084
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by egilliland23 View Post
Thanks! $8 is better than $25. i too was frustrated with the diff this past weekend and did not come across the circlip problem until i got home and played with the diff on the bench.
For dependability, you really don't want to compress any given circlip more than once. Which means you burn 1 clip for every rebuild. Well I take my diff apart every other week, which means about 20-25 builds a year. ... that's going to require (for me anyway) 20-25 clips a year.

If you have other guys running this car at your track, just get a $25 order and maybe split it up amongst a few guys. I know a bunch of people that only clean or rebuild their diff a few times a year... so YMMV on the number of clips needed I myself would rather order a LOt.. and never have to worry about buying more later.

Last edited by Cpt.America; 11-07-2011 at 11:44 AM.
Cpt.America is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:31 AM
  #1600  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (127)
 
Glowster21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,624
Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
So I think I figured out what is wrong with my diff. I first want to appologize for getting all huffy-puffy about the car here on the forums... But after so much wrench time and so little run time on my only race day of the week, I was boiling over with frustration.

The issue with my diff is certainly a bad circlip. What was happening was, the circlip was popping out while running the car on the track, screwing up the diff. But then when pulling the diff apart to examine the diff for issues, I found the cirlip still installed... so that didn't LOOK like the problem. The clip was popping out a bit on the track, and it would then re-seat itself when I was taking the diff apart, fooling me into thinking that the clip wasn't the issue. Heck, it looked like it was in just fine, and in the right way.. but upon careful close examination and tinkering, i could get the clip to pop out with a bit of pressure from the other side.

So, I have a hand full of replacement circlips coming this week, and i'm 100% positive a new clip will fix all my issues.
First off, props to you for honestly apologizing about getting "huffy" about the diff issue. It happens way to often that people jump on a forum and get that keyboard courage and just bash away, find out it was them who was the problem, then just keep bashing to try to cover up their boo boo. It takes more courage to do what you did and apologize so, not that I'm anybody or anything special, but hats off to you sir for stepping up to the plate. Now the real reason I'm chiming in is that if you're in a pinch and don't want to miss a race day while waiting for your clips, the Schumacher or Corally clips that come with their diff screws fit the 210 like a glove. Again bro, hats off to you...
Glowster21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:31 AM
  #1601  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 105
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I just went ahead and got a 50 pack. I did compress the clip more than once when i first built the diff. I suspected that is what caused it to fail and it seems like you just confirmed that idea.
egilliland23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:34 AM
  #1602  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
onekiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sweden but from New Zealand
Posts: 898
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Which one is it?

13 13.6 1.1 14.1 1 50 98455A113 6.67 5 98394A425 7.39
14 14.6 1.1 15.1 1 50 98455A114 7.83 5 98394A427 5.18
15 15.7 1.1 16.2 1 50 98455A115 7.83 5 98394A429 7.91
16 16.8 1.1 17.3 1 50 98455A116 8.22 5 98394A431 5.61
onekiwi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:37 AM
  #1603  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (52)
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,084
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by egilliland23 View Post
I just went ahead and got a 50 pack. I did compress the clip more than once when i first built the diff. I suspected that is what caused it to fail and it seems like you just confirmed that idea.
But not just that.. even MORE important is to make sure that the flat side/face of the clip is the side holding the clip in, and the rounder side is sitting up against the thrust assembly.
Cpt.America is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:38 AM
  #1604  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (52)
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,084
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by onekiwi View Post
Which one is it?

13 13.6 1.1 14.1 1 50 98455A113 6.67 5 98394A425 7.39
14 14.6 1.1 15.1 1 50 98455A114 7.83 5 98394A427 5.18
15 15.7 1.1 16.2 1 50 98455A115 7.83 5 98394A429 7.91
16 16.8 1.1 17.3 1 50 98455A116 8.22 5 98394A431 5.61

None of those... I think its the first on the list? a "For Bore" of "8", 8.7mm diameter, 0.8mm thick. that would be "98455A108"
Cpt.America is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:41 AM
  #1605  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 105
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I ordered 98455A108...it is the first one on the list. I did have the clip in the correct way i think i just compressed it too much when i put it in.
egilliland23 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service