Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Durango DEX210 Thread >

Durango DEX210 Thread

Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Reply

Old 11-03-2011, 04:24 AM
  #1486  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (151)
 
Ray Kindstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: IL
Posts: 2,076
Trader Rating: 151 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by zipperfoot View Post
For those of you that have owned this buggy for a while, please enlighten me as to why no one and I mean NO ONE has the buggy in stock and very little parts available. How to you guys and girls get by when you can't even buy wheels?

I have heard good things about this buggy, watched it run, and would like to buy one. But when I started to look I found out you cant get them.

I would really like to know how a company expects to survive when they can't even provide parts for the cars they sell?

I know that the first batch of cars sold out, etc. But how long does it take to make another batch?

How long have you guys been waiting for parts and how do you get by in the meantime?

Has anyone contacted Durango about this issue? I emailed them but did not get a response. I am ready to buy the 210, 410, and parts.

Very frustrating, and poor management on their part. Sorry for the rant.
We all understand your frustration. Like every other high demand new product there is is a world market for it. Just as many guys bought kits in the UK as here in the states. It take lots of parts to make lots of kits so finding parts will be a little tough for a few weeks. But only because the buggy was just released. This is no different that any other manufacture. When Losi released the 22 it was kits first followedweeks later by parts. There were guys at my track with broken cars that couldn't race for a few weeks. When AE released the SC10 4x4 there were no parts anywhere. It look over another a month to get springs and sway bars. This such a high demand kit that Durango is trying to keep up.....with everyine in the world that wants one. MY lhs ordered 12 and got shipped 7....all 7 were spoken for before they were even shipped. Everyone on this thread would like to have spares in their pit....and when the parts get released we will. But until then we race on hoping not to break.

I don't run for Durango, but I can assure you this car is well worth waiting for!

Last edited by Ray Kindstrom; 11-03-2011 at 04:55 AM.
Ray Kindstrom is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:15 AM
  #1487  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (151)
 
Ray Kindstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: IL
Posts: 2,076
Trader Rating: 151 (100%+)
Default

The FedEx website says my buggy will be in today!
Ray Kindstrom is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:25 AM
  #1488  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
Matt Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 5,952
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ray Kindstrom View Post
The FedEx website says my buggy will be in today!
have fun, it's a great car
Matt Howard is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:42 AM
  #1489  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 105
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Great thread so far! Lots of good info. What setup are most of you guys running for a medium traction indoor clay track? Also where should i start gearing on this car if i am running an 8.5 rear motor 3 gear setup?

Thank you in advance for any responses.
egilliland23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:58 AM
  #1490  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (151)
 
Ray Kindstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: IL
Posts: 2,076
Trader Rating: 151 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by egilliland23 View Post
Great thread so far! Lots of good info. What setup are most of you guys running for a medium traction indoor clay track? Also where should i start gearing on this car if i am running an 8.5 rear motor 3 gear setup?

Thank you in advance for any responses.
8.5 87/21 with some timing. But we have a large x huge track.
Ray Kindstrom is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:02 AM
  #1491  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: AZ
Posts: 463
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

alright i got some more wheel time last night and being this is the 4th night out with minimal changes to it after quals the buggy is reacting better and better each time. running indoor clay here in san diego placed 5th out of 12 in the A. i was wondering what trailing vs. inline would do? i tried both last night i did #2 and then went with a #4 on the front axle. i felt like the #4 gave me better on-power stability but lost exit steering. can someone explain a little about both pros and cons with the 2. i hope i make sense


D
derbrylac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:15 AM
  #1492  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,846
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ray Kindstrom View Post
We all understand your frustration. Like every other high demand new product there is is a world market for it. Just as many guys bought kits in the UK as here in the states. It take lots of parts to make lots of kits so finding parts will be a little tough for a few weeks. But only because the buggy was just released. This is no different that any other manufacture. When Losi released the 22 it was kits first followedweeks later by parts. There were guys at my track with broken cars that couldn't race for a few weeks. When AE released the SC10 4x4 there were no parts anywhere. It look over another a month to get springs and sway bars. This such a high demand kit that Durango is trying to keep up.....with everyine in the world that wants one. MY lhs ordered 12 and got shipped 7....all 7 were spoken for before they were even shipped. Everyone on this thread would like to have spares in their pit....and when the parts get released we will. But until then we race on hoping not to break.

I don't run for Durango, but I can assure you this car is well worth waiting for!
Kindstrom steps up to the plate.... and knocks it out of the park!

Believe me, TD is hard at work getting more kits and parts out. If you check their site you'll find that a few new parts are added almost daily. Your patience in waiting for them to get the job done right will pay off in the end, as frustrating as it may be waiting right now.
Jonny5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:34 AM
  #1493  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (112)
 
kwiksi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 2,568
Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default

My new weapon...

kwiksi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:36 AM
  #1494  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (151)
 
Ray Kindstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: IL
Posts: 2,076
Trader Rating: 151 (100%+)
Default

Nice paint sir!
Ray Kindstrom is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:44 AM
  #1495  
Tech Master
iTrader: (34)
 
sparkwraps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,126
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

So now I have a few races on the car and I am pretty happy with it as it sits. It handles rough straights way better than pretty much anything out there, hands down. The shocks are awesome, and I must be a top notch diff builder after reading all the problems people are having building it, because I have had zero issues from day one and I rushed to build mine in a hotel room at 11pm before race day.

With all that being said...

The usual track I race at is medium to high grip and the right tires are on the car for this track. But now I have a friend who is asking me about trying out the mid motor setup. I never gave it a thought, as most of the mid-motor guys are running on astro/cork/carpet and not dirt. I have thought about trying the 4 gear rear, but would I benefit from going mid motor 3/4?
sparkwraps is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:05 AM
  #1496  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (13)
 
rcman182006's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pleasantville, OH
Posts: 779
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kwiksi View Post
My new weapon...


Nice looking buggy Dave
rcman182006 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:15 AM
  #1497  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (52)
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,084
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by zipperfoot View Post
For those of you that have owned this buggy for a while, please enlighten me as to why no one and I mean NO ONE has the buggy in stock and very little parts available. How to you guys and girls get by when you can't even buy wheels?
Nobody in the WORLD is running this buggy in stock? The reason why stock use in this buggy might be a bit low right now, is because not everybody knows how to ream a spur gear, and the only spur gear available for the car at the moment is the factory 87 tooth, which will NOT work for stock motors.

The car has only been out two weeks. The issue with not having spares isn't unique this buggy. Most new cars have the same problem. Even a US based company like Losi didn't have parts for their 22 for 2 or 3 weeks after the car was released.

If you can't ream a spur gear or can't drive in the mod class, and/or can't live without spare parts for a week or two, then right now isn't the time for you to buy this buggy.
Cpt.America is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:21 AM
  #1498  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
Matt Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 5,952
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
Nobody in the WORLD is running this buggy in stock? The reason why stock use in this buggy might be a bit low right now, is because not everybody knows how to ream a spur gear, and the only spur gear available for the car at the moment is the factory 87 tooth, which will NOT work for stock motors.

The car has only been out two weeks. The issue with not having spares isn't unique this buggy. Most new cars have the same problem. Even a US based company like Losi didn't have parts for their 22 for 2 or 3 weeks after the car was released.

If you can't ream a spur gear or can't drive in the mod class, and/or can't live without spare parts for a week or two, then right now isn't the time for you to buy this buggy.
I think he meant no one has it in stock, as in available to buy
Matt Howard is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:24 AM
  #1499  
Team Tekin
iTrader: (6)
 
Randy_Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norcal
Posts: 9,897
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Guys the car is marketed towards the entire world market, not just the U.S. Understand that around the market "stock" doesn't exist like it does here.

If you need a smaller spur gear reaming out a b4 gear only takes a few minutes at best, it works fine.

Wheels from companies like DE are in stock at Amain Hobies and elsewhere. I've been running the Dex410 rear "pin" style wheels on mine. All that you need is the spacer and cone washer from it. This allows you to use B4 wheels also, fyi.

This buggy is another game changer. Never before did a 2wd buggy come with droop screws, caster block inserts, rear toe inserts, the list goes on. These have always been option parts in the majority of kits. There is a reason it's out of stock, it's that good and sells that fast.
Randy_Pike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:28 AM
  #1500  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
jzemaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 1,586
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Matt Howard View Post
I think he meant no one has it in stock, as in available to buy
Yup....people want to buy them and none available. Buddy of mine bought another brand instead yesterday.
jzemaxx is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service