Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Death of 2wd Short Course?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 05:18 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by peter george
short course has done to rc racing what the touring car did in the early days. It has opened the doors for many new enthusiasts to get involved in racing. Some people say that short course is not as sophisticated as other class's but hey, if it helps bring more people to the local track we all win. We eventually all win because the SC kept a lot of hobbie stores/ track's going when new customers were hard to come by.If half of the people who jumped in to the sc craze actually stay and keep racing , thats a big help to the industry. Remember that the same 20 guys who show up to race every week or every other week DO not or CAN not keep these racing operations in business alone. We should never criticize a class or the people who run it. Friction between classes helps no body. Same with the on road -off road debates. Remember the key word here is''HOBBIE'' , lets just be great-full that we have it.

+1 if there wansnt the sc craze boy i, dont know how some tracks would survive. and it keeps hobby stores in bussiness
Old 06-01-2010, 05:22 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Kash$
I think things like this are killing the 2 wheel class :
Balancing tires/rims
Sneeky foam inserts not legal
Reedy Motors from the SC10 kit
ball diffs
gear replacements in the servos
motor fans
motor diapers and sponges
Batteries from Hell like 50c 5500 packs
Drilling shock caps
foaming the shock bladders

Most SCT drivers dont know how to do most of the stuff on my list but the few that do ruin it for everyone, you can always pic out the fast trucks and guarantee they are doing one or all of these things i posted, not saying its all illegal just saying its taking the fun out of sct racing...

whos doing that kind of stuff i dint know that one , is it manily in bigger races or club races because i dint, notice anybody doing them kind of mods.

and what is the motor diapers lol.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by aerangis
Anyone who thinks 2WD SC is going to die hasn't driven one. They're a hell of LOT MORE FUN TO DRIVE than a 4X4

+1 2wd is a blast to drive and cheap and, you can powerslide if you have the right tires and with a stock motor. and makes you a better driver

some guys just dont get it with the 2wd.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
whos doing that kind of stuff i dint know that one , is it manily in bigger races or club races because i dint, notice anybody doing them kind of mods.

and what is the motor diapers lol.
Fast guys doing all that stuff and more just dont want to post anymore info, its all old school technology carried over to sct from other classes. Trust me keeping your bladder from colapsing is a serious improvement in traction, I am assuming it will not be allowed at the sct nats, drilling shock caps bleeds off the correct oil level so you can set rebound easier and more precisely .. Some things are common sense but alot of stuff i see is illegal out racin from track to track. Lol trust me TC5 man when i come up for the ROAR event at your club i will bring my slash and show you first hand all the cool legal stuff and show you how good my truck is.. See you at the HUT at some point.
ohh yeah diapers are water soaked pads that not only keep out debris and dirt from messing up your com but also saps heat away from the motor at the same time, really works but prolly wont see it at the nats, not thinking that will be allowed, fans keep heat down thus making you faster for 6 minutes but diapers keep you cool and keep the motor clean, so yes all of the thing i listed and so many more do make you faster than everyone else on the track do to superior traction and motor performance..
Old 06-01-2010, 05:52 PM
Tech Prophet

Fast guys doing all that stuff and more just dont want to post anymore info, its all old school technology carried over to sct from other classes. Trust me keeping your bladder from colapsing is a serious improvement in traction, I am assuming it will not be allowed at the sct nats, drilling shock caps bleeds off the correct oil level so you can set rebound easier and more precisely .. Some things are common sense but alot of stuff i see is illegal out racin from track to track. Lol trust me TC5 man when i come up for the ROAR event at your club i will bring my slash and show you first hand all the cool legal stuff and show you how good my truck is.. See you at the HUT at some point.
ohh yeah diapers are water soaked pads that not only keep out debris and dirt from messing up your com but also saps heat away from the motor at the same time, really works but prolly wont see it at the nats, not thinking that will be allowed, fans keep heat down thus making you faster for 6 minutes but diapers keep you cool and keep the motor clean, so yes all of the thing i listed and so many more do make you faster than everyone else on the track do to superior traction and motor performance..

yea i know the tricks from onroad racing it was bad in the stock class !

my stock motor never even gets hot , i just go by what the stock rules say and use diffrent tires the hut allows you to do that , i woulnt say im slow my any means though.

yea maybe il be at the roar race will see.

plus yea some guys can be faster than, others but can they drive and not wreck a lot

i went to the sc roar rules and, im suprised it dint say you can use diffrent tires.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Tech Champion

I think things like this are killing the 2 wheel class :
Balancing tires/rims No harm in balencing wheels and tires, just good atttention to detail, I'll continue to do it as the rulles allow it.
Sneeky foam inserts not legalSince when, you can run whatever foams you want at anytrack I've been to, because they can't tech it, they chooose not to chase after that. Like it matters in stock with super hard RTR tires anyway.
Reedy Motors from the SC10 kit still slow
ball diffs ok your right on that one,cheating in stock, fair game in mod
gear replacements in the servos no advantage, RTR servos don't have the power to use higher gear ratios, they're still slow. Besides I like the Slash servo
motor fans even if it allowed you to gear high, the motor ain't got the balls to spin a big gear
motor diapers and spongeshuh? what?
Batteries from Hell like 50c 5500 packs offer no advantage in stock, stock motors don't even load down a wimpy battery. Any cheap battery should be able to hold good voltage when the load is a wimpy RTR motor
Drilling shock caps deos nothing
foaming the shock bladdersmakes a sc10 shock worse

Most SCT drivers dont know how to do most of the stuff on my list but the few that do ruin it for everyone, you can always pic out the fast trucks and guarantee they are doing one or all of these things i posted, not saying its all illegal just saying its taking the fun out of sct racing...
My stock corr truck stays stock, my modd corr truck deos have alot of changes, but those are allowed.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:59 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
My stock corr truck stays stock, my modd corr truck deos have alot of changes, but those are allowed.

it does say though in the roar rules, or the sc that you can use a ball diff in the stock sc , but that again depends on the track you run at.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

listen, there are four things I would want , if I was stranded on a deserted island. a) Beyonce b)a carton of cigarettes c) a box of donuts and d) my short course truck.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

listen, there are four things I would want , if I was stranded on a deserted island. a) Beyonce b)a carton of cigarettes c) a box of donuts and d) my short course truck.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Dude.. Thats funny.. Ill bring jennifer aniston and some coffee to go with the donuts and ciggs..
Old 06-02-2010, 06:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DHMOTORSPORTS
Dude.. Thats funny.. Ill bring jennifer aniston and some coffee to go with the donuts and ciggs..

FORGET THE SIGS !, BUT ILL BRING THE LIPO'S
Old 06-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Agree that 2WD is not going anywhere. It is still growing...

4WD will grow, but the price is still high for 1st timers or as a second vehicle. Thats why the 2WD will continue, so easy to get into (with the wallet).