Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Help for my Tamiya DB01 Durga! >

Help for my Tamiya DB01 Durga!

Help for my Tamiya DB01 Durga!

Old 01-04-2010, 05:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Help for my Tamiya DB01 Durga!

Hi my best mate and I recently bought a DB01 and assembled it ourselves. Being new to this hobby I was wondering if the more experienced users can give some much needed advice.

1. The car has no problems running when I dont place it on the ground. But when I do all it does is crawl slowly forward with a lot of noise.

2. I keep tightening the front and back differentials but they seem to come loose after 5 mins of play. Again plenty of noise and no movement. Its a total hassle tightening them.

3. The spur gear seems to be intact and the pinion seems to be sitting just fine.

Thanks in advance for your help. Honestly sometime i just feel like giving up and chucking it
Old 01-04-2010, 08:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Most likely you've built the diffs backwards. Put the spring & screw into the wrong side This is a common problem becuase at one point in the instructions, the diff gets flipped over. Unfortunately it's easily overlooked because either outdrive look almost identical (one is slightly longer than the other). If built backwards, the driveshaft will jam against the diff screw and cause it to unscrew when you make your first turn. You will know if this was your problem if you couldn't fit both red spong inserts into either outdrive.

The only other possibility is that you didn't glue the diff rings as the instructions require. Some rubber cement is needed to keep the rings from slipping on those plastic seats.

It's hard to notice, but in the 3rd step here, you can see the arrow shows you to flip the diff over. In the first two steps the long outdrive is pointed down. In the third step, the long outdrive is pointed up:

Old 01-05-2010, 05:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Thanks so much!

Hey mate...I think thats the issue with my car. Thanks so much for your help and the effort you took to sort it out for me. I really appreciate it! Will try to sort it out this weekend and update you on the progress. Thanks a million! Cheers!