Wiki Posts
Search

How to race multiple classes each night

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)
Default How to race multiple classes each night

I am pretty new to racing (3-4 months now) but have been driving for awhile so am pretty decent. Even win the A Main once in awhile. But as my racing addiction grows, so does my desire to race more classes. I am currently racing Mod SC, 2wd buggy and 1/8 scale.

Generally I only do 2 per night because that's all time (or the wallet) can afford. But my problem is I get in the groove with my RC8e and the next race I am driving a B4. Clearly the cars are VERY different and I end up putting the first couple laps every time I switch to get used to it again.

Any tips or tricks on how to transition better between 2 extremes or does it just take more practice?
Old 01-03-2010, 09:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

its all about practice. on a normal practice day, try going back and forth between each car.

G
Old 01-03-2010, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

As Gouldzilla stated, you'll have to practice back to back with the different cars to know how each car responds...

I know what you mean though, I've driven my SC10 back to back with my B44 and the difference was night and day. SC10, I can be a bit more careless but have to be careful around turns and cornering, the B44, I have to be a bit more careful, but I point it and it handles wonderfully...
Old 01-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

"Practice"
and when your done with practice......practice some more
but most of all have fun
welcome to the "Addiction"
Old 01-04-2010, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

i see where youre coming from, i do too get on the drivers stand and im like, wait this isnt a buggy, its a truck. basically i just think what vehicle im driving and try to rethink the lines and i usually have it. it isnt easy going back to back racing and generally you would still be used to one vehicle with no break between.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

What I do is I try to take 3 to 4 practice laps so I can readjust over to the new car. Going from truck to 4wd is one of the hardest adjustments especially with only a race in between because the last car is still fresh.

The biggest thing is to figure out what works the best for you since everyone is different.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just do at least one warm up lap. I never gave it any more thought than that. Just Do It!
Old 01-04-2010, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

i know what your saying i race a b4, t4, sc10 they all are so different in thier handling, have your rides ready and get up to the podium quick and put down a lap or two before your heat starts if you can.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ae rat
i know what your saying i race a b4, t4, sc10 they all are so different in thier handling, have your rides ready and get up to the podium quick and put down a lap or two before your heat starts if you can.
+1.. try and get a couple of hot laps in before you run either so you can get use to the truck that you are running at that moment. Ive found that to be most helpful when running 2 or more classes.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:14 PM
Tech Regular

just practice more with both cars so when you run them both you are able to adjust to each car... i no i run a b4 and a b44 and i go back to back alot in both classes one to two warm up laps and im already used to it beacuse of practice....
Old 01-04-2010, 03:17 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by Neu_Racer
I am pretty new to racing (3-4 months now) but have been driving for awhile so am pretty decent. Even win the A Main once in awhile. But as my racing addiction grows, so does my desire to race more classes. I am currently racing Mod SC, 2wd buggy and 1/8 scale.

Generally I only do 2 per night because that's all time (or the wallet) can afford. But my problem is I get in the groove with my RC8e and the next race I am driving a B4. Clearly the cars are VERY different and I end up putting the first couple laps every time I switch to get used to it again.

Any tips or tricks on how to transition better between 2 extremes or does it just take more practice?

as others have suggested "PRACTICE"
but it would be my suggestion to get a B44 and run the 4wd class instead of 2wd buggy so the transition curve won't be so great
Old 01-04-2010, 03:23 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Make sure you are organized in thought. Make sure your batteries for each car are charged as needed and everything is good to go when its time to race. Try and have your cars all ready to hit the track when you get there, that way your not spending all your time wrenching and not on the track.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Tech Addict

run similar classes.. all mod or all stock. all truck or all buggy. its tough to switch between say mod sc and mod 4wd. they handle so differently. but, then again it can be done.

when i raced mod sc and mod 4wd on the same night, i took as many warm-up laps as possible, to get the "feel" and "jump timing" back for which ever car i was driving at the moment. also, the more often you race multiple classes on the same day, the easier it gets.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have the same issue. I only get to race so often so I run two to three classes and have thought about 4! That would be tiring though. I currently run a mixture of mod buggy B4, SC mod slash, RT5 10.5, and 4wd mod 1/10. I am currently trying to get my 2wd buggy to behave a little more like my RT5. At least the same amount of break and as similar as possible in steering although they are night and day different in steering handling. I try to get some warm-up laps in just to reacquaint myself with the current vehicle. I do OK transitioning back to all vehicles except 2wd buggy. Doesn't help when the truck class and buggy class go back to back and can't get back out as quick. Makes for a fun and exciting night though. I really think 2 classes is about right as it gives you some time to wrench. 3 is fine if your cars are dialed and nothing breaks. 4 would be insane. I will have to try it some time.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I dont know if anyone has mentioned this yet practice

Seriously it just takes time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.