R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-09-2002, 11:15 AM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default how to start nitro truck?

sorry, i'm completely new. just got a 2nd hand associated rc10gt with an os engine. problem is that the engine is non-pullstart which means that i need to use a starter.
thing is, i don't know where or how to put the starter to start the engine! i do have a starter(the regular type with croc clips to a 12v battery). where do i contact the starter with the engine. is it that i contact the starter with the flywheel?
cos somehow the flywheel is very difficult to contact from the bottom of the truck.
huasze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 07:55 PM   #2
Tech Addict

You are in big trouble.

It sounds like you have a hand held starter, and, you are right, it is difficult to hold the starter and the car at the same time. You are also right in assumeing that you need to contact the flywheel with the starter.

I would recommend that you invest in a starter box. Unfortunately, this means spending more money.

BTW: where is Ang Mo Kio?

Racin Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 11:16 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

does the starter have a rubber wheel? the wheel needs to contact the flywheel through the slot in the bottom of the chassis. they are harder to use but it can be done with a little practice and by finding a way to securely hold the starter in place. guys use them here by bolting the starter to a piece of wood and setting up some wood fences to position the chassis on the rotating starter wheel.
PeterAiea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 06:15 AM   #4
Tech Addict

yup i got a rubber wheel. i'll try contacting it to the bottom of the engine and see. thx for the help. i guess i need some practice.
ang mo kio is a place in singapore where i live. i don't stay in the US.
Old 03-12-2002, 02:37 PM   #5
Tech Addict

I have a friend who says that Singapore is the coolest place in the world.
Racin Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 09:10 AM   #6
Tech Addict

well, its safe, clean, modern, well planned for most of the country i guess. but pretty strict rules. no chewing gum in the country, no smoking in buildings.