Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Which slash chassis to go with? >

Which slash chassis to go with?

Which slash chassis to go with?

Old 12-28-2009, 11:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Which slash chassis to go with?

Hey guys, I'm new with the slash and I don't know how it handles on a track.
What should I be looking for chassis wise with this truck?
should I be looking for lower center of gravity or anything like that?
I'm not sure, I hope you guys can help me out
I was kinda leaning towards the integy or the xtreme racing chassis.
I would like to order one within the next 2-3 days.
I've looked at these chassis that interest me the most

Integy EVOx Chassis
http://www.rcplanet.com/Integy_Chass...8097silver.htm

Xtreme racing black aluminum http://www.rcplanet.com/Xtreme_Racin...abk.htmchassis

gorillamaxx carbon fiber slash chassis
http://www.rcshortcoursetalk.com/new...sh-chassis.jpg
Old 12-29-2009, 12:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

First choice would be the gorillamax second the extreme racing and a distant third the integy. gorillamax makes great products, you won't be disappointed with that purchase.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

alright, integy is out of the question and that's what I was thinking to, I like the gorilla max but I don't want to spend 110 canadian on a chassis when i can get the xtreme for 60 and I don't know if I will like this slash yet, Just wanna do the chassis cause I broke this one.... I like that all your factory stuff mounts on the xtreme rc one as well.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have seen a couple of the extreme chassis in action and they seem pretty decent. If there is a 50.00 price difference I would also go with extreme.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

xtreme has a low center of cravity 2 peice chassis that is the bomb. you didnt list it.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Just wondering, what makes the Integy so bad. I was looking at them too.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:50 AM
Tech Adept

The integy chassis is not a low CG chassis. It is for looks only, no performance advantage. And they are notorious for using cheap aluminum.

If you want performance for low price, buy two lower rustler chassis and one upper chassis. ($30 from tower) Cut and stick them together to add 1.75" length. Cut off the bandit body mount in front and add a couple holes for the front bumper brace (note that this is upside down). Everything else bolts up in place like this:

Old 12-29-2009, 06:56 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by r/cman
Hey guys, I'm new with the slash and I don't know how it handles on a track.
What should I be looking for chassis wise with this truck?
should I be looking for lower center of gravity or anything like that?
I'm not sure, I hope you guys can help me out
I was kinda leaning towards the integy or the xtreme racing chassis.
that is kind of like "putting a pig in a dress," no?

most places require the stock chassis if you're planning on racing, so you might want to check your track's rules.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I ordered up the parts real quick to try it. We have a way of fusing plastic together at my work. I am going to try it to create the 1 chassis. Can't beat the price.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If you want a more race breed of truck , try the sc 10, or blitz, leave the slash as is , its a great truck as designed for trying racing and and as a
great basher. If you really want to try great racing try stock truck, you won't need to piss money to make them more competative, the class has been around a long time, of course if they run it at your track. You may also might want to try the new proline stuff that has just come out for the slash.

Dynodan22
Old 12-29-2009, 08:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

Why would you want to replace the chassis at all? Guys win all of my local tracks SC classes with stock slashes (the intermediates & modifieds obviously have different motors & ESC's) against all other trucks including Blitzs & SC10s. At the most, a Protrac kit and a set of Goosebumps would be enough to make a Slash competetive with anything else. I own a Slash and more than one SC10 and more than 2 Blitzs. The Slash is the easist to drive and with the Protrac kit grips the track the best. I don't understand replacing a virtually indestructable chassis.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Out of all those chassis, non have the lower cog which is what you want if you are going to be racing against sc10 and all the others

I purchased the thundertech chassis and never looked back

http://www.thundertechracing.com/onl...od=OUTLAW-02-N
Old 12-29-2009, 08:15 AM
Tech Regular

If you want to increase performance, seriously...

wrench less, drive more.

Nothing wrong with the stock chassis, just drive the snot out of the Slash, pay attention to your lines, maybe get a transponder if you intend to race and try different stuff, comparing your lap times.

Less about the car, more about the driver by FAR.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

I have the GorillaMaxx chassis and would love to tell you how it handles and drives. However the friggin thing has been a curse apparently because ever since I have installed it my truck has had 1 thing after another break to where I haven't even gotten a full lap out of it in the 3 times I have been to the track since buying it.

It does look amazing though and is noticeably lighter than stock. The vented holes in the bottom increase the parachute effect over the couple jumps I have gone over.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seany916
If you want to increase performance, seriously...

wrench less, drive more.

Nothing wrong with the stock chassis, just drive the snot out of the Slash, pay attention to your lines, maybe get a transponder if you intend to race and try different stuff, comparing your lap times.

Less about the car, more about the driver by FAR.

I have to agree 100%. I have enough money to buy a new car for every race day...actually, I have literally been doing this for the 2 months since I started this hobby back up. I have at least 1 of every popular car and I thnk practicing alot has made me better, not upgrading from car to car...except for maybe a B44. The B44 with a mild motor will make anybody drive better but other than that, practice is the way to go. You would be surprised what you can do with most anything right out of the box. Any of the RTR SC trucks has race winning capability.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.