Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 4x4 short course build.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 08:43 PM
Super Moderator

Default Losi 4x4 short course build.

Losi thinks they have a sct truck, the strike (out), but I'm not to big of a fan. I am making a 4x4 sct truck based on the 8ight plate form.

There is a thread out there like this but its nitro and sc8 size. This one is electric and sc10 size. Losi doesn't have a 4x4 sct for that matter a decent sct truck so I am basing off the already good 8ight chassi. Here is what my buggy looked like as a buggy.

That was before falls late run, that I should have not did. Basiclly buggy was stripped down to chassis. I did a sc10 bumper instead of sc8 in the nitro version. I did a quick mock up to see how it would fit, I just used some clear plastic so I could see to make hole. That peice will me made out of plastic or metal have not decided yet, there is still some fine tuning but the chassis does have a front bumper.

REar bumper I am unsure about, the sc8 bumper would fit, but I don't have one and the lhs does not have one so I can't see how it would look with the body might be to wide. Other bumpers might work but all i could look at was slash and that would be a lot of fabbing to get to fit. So far I got about $70 in parts including body, I got some ofna 1/8 car body post that I will get to work, I don't want to do a lot of hacking, becuase I want to beable to turn it back to buggy form if something does not work out
Old 12-19-2009, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator

I wanted this take a while, but once I started to work on it I could not stop, the front bumper brace everything is ready to go, I made a brace out of somethick plastic to mate the bumper to the chassis, the bottom of the bumper was cut to make room for the hinge pins. The rear body mounts fit with out and mods, the front is a different story, a few wholes need to be drilled but thats for a different day, I quickly put most of the parts on so I could mount so wheels to get a better picture of what I got.

Old 12-19-2009, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

There is also another thread identical to this one that I believe you started????

Looks like a good project.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:19 AM
Super Moderator

that one was deleted
Old 12-20-2009, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

what system u gunna put in it
Old 12-20-2009, 06:27 AM
Super Moderator

Novak is what I have, but an upgrade might be in the future. If I where to upgrade I will just change the speed control so I don't need to up grade the motor mount. If anyone has an extra sc8 rear bumper or could tell me how wide it is the would help a lot.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roadrashracing
Novak is what I have, but an upgrade might be in the future. If I where to upgrade I will just change the speed control so I don't need to up grade the motor mount. If anyone has an extra sc8 rear bumper or could tell me how wide it is the would help a lot.
The SC8's rear bumper will fit under the SC10 body and the HPI Blitz body , I have done a conversion on my RC8 and am using an SC10 body , I test fit a Blitz body but I liked the look of the SC10 body better so I went with it .

You might want to look into the Slayers rear bumper , I used one on an Ofna Ravager conversion I did a while ago and it fit on with very little modding ....

You might want to test fit your body before buying one , the Slash/Slayer bodies are a tad too narrow for my RC8 conversion but the SC10 and HPI Blitz bodies are a little wider and will work better .
Old 12-20-2009, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator

I bought a proline slash body but I did not paint it yet. I know the sc8 bumper will bolt right up, just need to holes in the shock tower.

Here is what my last proline body looked like on an ofna, I guess the wheels did stick out a little.

Old 12-20-2009, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator

found away to mount front body post with no drilling

finished front bumper mount

This is turning out to be something that could be completed in an afternoon, with minimal modifictions to the buggy itself, and can be easly converted from buggy to sct in a few min, depending on what your mood is, besides the body I'll have $35 in parts so its very cheap, the ofna stuff fit really well, I got the body kind of mounted but I will show pics once its painted and once I find a rear bumper.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

I had a few days and changed to shorter body post to clean the look up.

I decided to go with a slash bumper instead of the sc8, it was in stock and I wanted something right away, I was able to get the bottom mount but still need to make something for the top.

Old 01-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

It looks like the body is a bit narrow from the pictures. We just tried mounting
the Parma Rattler body made for the Slash on the SC10 and it works well.
If your looking for a wide and light body give it a try.

The Rattler was actually made for the
Slash but fits the SC10 well

Here is a comparision of the SC8 / SC10 bodies to give you an idea of the differences:

====================
Parma Rattlesnake body on SC8

====================

Old 01-01-2010, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

thanks for the pics, I am getting some sc8 tires so I'll see what it looks then. I had the idea of makiny so homemade fender flares, just some black dooe edging. See how that would look.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

some new skins make a big diffenence :mrgreen:

Old 01-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Team Tekin

Pretty cool, I might have to do this with an older buggy...
Old 01-05-2010, 06:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Looks great, hopefully more people with convert their Losi buggies to an SCT.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.