Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
xxxtcr ball stud problem >

xxxtcr ball stud problem

xxxtcr ball stud problem

Old 12-22-2009, 01:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Default ball stud problem

yeah...if you go to a hardware store you can get a 3mm tap.. ( make sure you get the right size drill for the tap)... I cant remember the exact drill size.. then just hand tap it... What I did was just put a 3 mm screw through and used a little loctite.. I know i told you a bigger ball stud on my last post.. I was trying to remember how I did it exactly.. you have to get the right length of screw so it doesnt rub on the drive shaft.. the Jato tie rod would work good.. its really tough.. I think I used a revo tie rod.. Once I did all this I never had a problem... hope this helps.. if you have any more questions.. just let me know.. I will keep checking this thread..

Jason
Old 12-22-2009, 05:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Jason J View Post
yeah...if you go to a hardware store you can get a 3mm tap.. ( make sure you get the right size drill for the tap)... I cant remember the exact drill size.. then just hand tap it... What I did was just put a 3 mm screw through and used a little loctite.. I know i told you a bigger ball stud on my last post.. I was trying to remember how I did it exactly.. you have to get the right length of screw so it doesnt rub on the drive shaft.. the Jato tie rod would work good.. its really tough.. I think I used a revo tie rod.. Once I did all this I never had a problem... hope this helps.. if you have any more questions.. just let me know.. I will keep checking this thread..

Jason

what ball studs are you using and would this set up be better than the jato one? thanks
Old 12-22-2009, 07:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Try Traxxas part #5538 61mm rod length. I use these on my truck which is a converted XXX-T MF1, using the rear plastic XXX-cr buggy hubs.
I also use a 4-40 3/4 inch counter sunk screw and 3 washers at the hubs. Works great, but still check and make sure they are tight.
Hope this helps.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

oh so you dont use a ball stud?