Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
melt down need help >

melt down need help

melt down need help

Old 12-19-2009, 02:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Unhappy melt down need help

i m having big problems with my novak hv 1/8 convertion. i have had it runnin fantasticly for the last 6 months but today i was in the middle of fantastic fun when my buggy came to a slow stop !
lookin at the speedie there is no sign of problem, power is still there lights are still on and it acts as it should. stearing servo all good, i removed the motor and kept it conected, it will run unloaded but as soon as you put load on the shaft it stops. it's trying to go but but cant handle any load.

does anybody have any ideas ??
Old 12-19-2009, 03:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

First thing is to check all of your connections, make sure you have good clean contacts. Check the sensor wires carefully.
If the motor has been run hot it can show similar actions, have you monitored the temp over the last 6 months?
Old 12-19-2009, 03:57 AM
Tech Rookie

ive checked the temp a few time over the last few months its never been to hot to touch the motor that is, the speedie gets quite warm but i have fans on both which i thought were doing the job