Blue motor smoke

Old 12-18-2009, 07:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Blue motor smoke

I got my method r today for my rustler xl-5. I put some chains on the tires and went driving in the snow. When the snow touched the engine, it melted right away, and made little white smoke. Normal. But then while i was doing donuts and stuff, it started smelling burnt, and then i noticed blue smoke coming out. I was like oh shit!!! so i ran and brought it inside, it was still smoking blue. The blue smoke was coming from were the motor goes into the gear box, kinda rolling out. So i took my cover off my spur-pinnion gears, and a blue puff of smoke came put. I then Took the motor out, yes it was hot. I held it by the wires. And it looked like the smoke was coming from the front of the engine, were the shaft is. Is this because snow got in? Whats happening? is there anyway to stop this?
Old 12-18-2009, 07:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by forest_parker
I got my method r today for my rustler xl-5. I put some chains on the tires and went driving in the snow. When the snow touched the engine, it melted right away, and made little white smoke. Normal. But then while i was doing donuts and stuff, it started smelling burnt, and then i noticed blue smoke coming out. I was like oh shit!!! so i ran and brought it inside, it was still smoking blue. The blue smoke was coming from were the motor goes into the gear box, kinda rolling out. So i took my cover off my spur-pinnion gears, and a blue puff of smoke came put. I then Took the motor out, yes it was hot. I held it by the wires. And it looked like the smoke was coming from the front of the engine, were the shaft is. Is this because snow got in? Whats happening? is there anyway to stop this?
if you wanna drive in the snow,buy a sled
motor is probably toast
Old 12-18-2009, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Originally Posted by forest_parker
is there anyway to stop this?
Best way to stop this is to use the standard Titan motor that is waterproof!!!