Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
losi 8ight 2.0b tekno conversion kit? >

losi 8ight 2.0b tekno conversion kit?

losi 8ight 2.0b tekno conversion kit?

Old 12-18-2009, 12:17 PM
  #1  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 110
Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default losi 8ight 2.0b tekno conversion kit?

Can i still use the original 2.0e losi body on the tekno conversion chassis? because i have a buddy that bought this conversion for his mbx6 buggy and he can't use the mugen body on it...He has to use something else..
Losifreak101 is offline  
Old 12-18-2009, 12:21 PM
  #2  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (93)
 
jf45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 809
Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Losifreak101
Can i still use the original 2.0e losi body on the tekno conversion chassis? because i have a buddy that bought this conversion for his mbx6 buggy and he can't use the mugen body on it...He has to use something else..
Yes you can use the 2.0e losi body on the Losi Tekno kit. It fits fine.

I think people are using either JC concepts, Jammin or the Losi bodies on the Mbx6
jf45 is offline  
Old 12-18-2009, 12:30 PM
  #3  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 110
Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jf45
Yes you can use the 2.0e losi body on the Losi Tekno kit. It fits fine.

I think people are using either JC concepts, Jammin or the Losi bodies on the Mbx6
so the tekno chassis is the same width? because i know the 2.0 is one of the skinniest.

would you buy the losi conversion or tekno conversion?

Thanks.
Losifreak101 is offline  
Old 12-18-2009, 01:02 PM
  #4  
Tech Master
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,010
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Losifreak101
so the tekno chassis is the same width? because i know the 2.0 is one of the skinniest.

would you buy the losi conversion or tekno conversion?

Thanks.
Depends on whether you want mechanical brakes or not. I like the simplicity of the losi conversion and don't miss mechanical brakes. I also don't want to mess with a clutch, although you can run the tekno without a clutch. I just think the motor mounting on the tekno looks wonky. I'm sure it works fine, just looks like a kludge.
chiro972 is offline  
Old 12-18-2009, 01:21 PM
  #5  
Tech Master
iTrader: (24)
 
Shark413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,554
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

I have both conversion kits, and they are both good. As mentioned above it depends on if you want mech brakes or not. I prefer the ability to adjust brake bias so I am currently running the Tekno kit. The Losi E body fits fine on the Tekno conversion.


Tekno conversion, using mech brakes and clutch


Losi-E body on the Losi 8ight-E


Another Losi E body


Losi conversion kit
Shark413 is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.