Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
LONGER BALANCE TAPS????? >

LONGER BALANCE TAPS?????

LONGER BALANCE TAPS?????

Old 12-18-2009, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default LONGER BALANCE TAPS?????

I have the surecharge 2000 and love it. Now the only quarrel I have with it i the balance tap is like an inch long. I want a longer 1 and just found out that you cant just add wire to them, it will screw it up in not so many words. Anyone know of a longer 1 that fits
Old 12-18-2009, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by malik
I have the surecharge 2000 and love it. Now the only quarrel I have with it i the balance tap is like an inch long. I want a longer 1 and just found out that you cant just add wire to them, it will screw it up in not so many words. Anyone know of a longer 1 that fits
Usually you can find extension cables, sort of like an aileron extension for your servo. Check Max Amps, CheapBattery Packs and others like those to find the extensions. I have some I picked up at the iHobby show for 2, 3 and 4 cell XH taps.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

definitely just use an extension. I have some batteries that came with long balance taps and they have a tendency to get tangles up in the moving parts of the car unless you tie them down.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

So they have them that will go off the tap I have and only 1 though. Is that what you mean? My charger has a block with most taps on it, 7 I think. I really only need 1 for Hyperion style. My TX battery and stuff I dont need the extention for. I want it so I can charge packs in the car. Now would using an extention screw up the balancing like cutting thewires on the balance block and just soldering more length to them would?
Old 12-18-2009, 10:53 AM
Tech Regular

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...6&ParentCat=85
Old 12-18-2009, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Look on ebay. I just found 10 of them for like $5 shipped to my door. I have to solder the female ends on, but that's ok. I think I'm going to extend two of the ones I got so they're a bit longer and then that's about all I'll need.