Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Dean's Connectors and LiPo's made a huge difference >

Dean's Connectors and LiPo's made a huge difference

Dean's Connectors and LiPo's made a huge difference

Old 12-13-2009, 08:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Dean's Connectors and LiPo's made a huge difference

I have a stock HPI Blitz. I went and bought two used, 4500, 25C, LiPo's and used them for the first time today. Wow, what a huge difference. Just love the amount of current that can be drawn from these guys without sagging the voltage! Where before I couldn't clear certain doubles with the NiMh, I could do so easily with the LiPo; no other changes! I must have had a 20 to 25 minute run on those batteries too.

And, even with my NiMh, the Dean's connectors make a big difference too. Those Tamiya connectors need to go the way of the Dinosaur; there's just way to much resistance in those things.

If you not sure to get LiPo's and Dean's - do it. It's totally worth it!
Old 12-13-2009, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by emu67
I have a stock HPI Blitz. I went and bought two used, 4500, 25C, LiPo's and used them for the first time today. Wow, what a huge difference. Just love the amount of current that can be drawn from these guys without sagging the voltage! Where before I couldn't clear certain doubles with the NiMh, I could do so easily with the LiPo; no other changes! I must have had a 20 to 25 minute run on those batteries too.

And, even with my NiMh, the Dean's connectors make a big difference too. Those Tamiya connectors need to go the way of the Dinosaur; there's just way to much resistance in those things.

If you not sure to get LiPo's and Dean's - do it. It's totally worth it!

welcome to the future of electrics
Old 12-13-2009, 08:52 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

I completely understand what you mean! Once I got lipo's for my slash it was a total difference. The convenience of lipo and performance is well worth it. I will never go back to nimh!!!
Old 12-13-2009, 10:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

gosh dang you guys! i have yet to go lipo! hey but guess what! for xmas i usally ask for money and getting 4 5000mah 20c lipos from hobby city!! heck ya i cant wait!
Old 12-14-2009, 12:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

If you haven't done so, get rid of the bullet connectors in between the ESC and motor. They have a ton of resistance.

You never really enjoy electric RC until you use LiPo technology.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losifiend
If you haven't done so, get rid of the bullet connectors in between the ESC and motor. They have a ton of resistance.

You never really enjoy electric RC until you use LiPo technology.
+100 getting rid of those bullet connectors do such wonders for any setup and also the lipo thing is dead on..i still have a couple of nimh packs left and i refuse to use them even if I'm just setting up my servo and stuff.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The lower weight of Lipo along with the added current is great for any situation though you may have to adjust suspension for it. Plus, now with Lipo basically costing the same as NiMH (I refer to Zippy/Turnigy specifically) then there is no reason more people can't be enjoying the benefits.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:54 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I don't understand why Tamiya connectors are still being used by anyone for any reason??

I'll never forget what it was like when I switched to lipo - I had already made the deans switch. What a difference!!