R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-06-2004, 05:00 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Opinion On Xtm Xterminator

DOES ANYONE OWN A X-TERMINATOR, and WHAT ARE SOME PROS AND CONS TO THE BUGGY. IT LOOKS VERY RUGGED TO ME AND I WAS INTERESTED IN PURCHASING ONE. ALSO, ARE THE XTM BUGGY BODYS INTERCHANGE WITH ANYTHING ELSE?
dirt demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 07:04 PM   #2
TCR
Tech Addict

Default stay away

There a complete losi rip off and poor support.

They are a Hobby people exclusive product which means you dont have any choices with dealing with the poor support and problems you may face with them.

If you want to get a wannabe losi truck, dont wste your money, get a real losi truck, there's a lot more support out there for you, at a much higher quality product
TCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 07:59 PM   #3
Tech Adept

i got one and im very happy with it its very durable i beat the crap out of mine and still wouldnt trade for another parts are not hard to get as long as you got internet 1 out of 10 i would give it a 8 1/2
juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 09:30 AM   #4
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the info, its really good to hear that its durable, that is what I am lookin for. Is there anything you dont like about it Juan.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:31 PM   #5
Tech Adept

Default buggy

if it comes with the 24.7 the head is small and warms up but spend $50 in a crazynut head and it will run great, ihavent found anything else bad about it and has lots of upgrades
juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 09:48 AM   #6
Tech Rookie

Default bodies for Xterminator

Are there any other bodies that will fit on the X terminator? Maybe an ofna or kyosho body?
Old 03-25-2004, 03:41 PM   #7
Tech Adept

The X-T has different mounting holes, but if you get an un-reamed body then it should fit. There's a company in the UK that has put 1/8 on road bodies onto the Rex-X (UK equivalent) so almost anything is possible. Links to this site are in my web page.

The X-Term has some weaknesses - the rear diff case has lots of problems if you jump & land on the wing. The case breaks apparently but it's a US$8 part so not too bad, plus it's not hard to make a brace to add support & strength. Many people have done this and not broken the diff case again.

I've hammered mine around an on-road course, but done very little off-road yet. I haven't broken a rear diff case, but have broken 2 front lower suspension arms. These are AU$16 for 2 at my LHS, so should be around US$5 each or better.

The 24.7 has a lot of torque, but supposedly not a great top-end.
They are also sold in Europe and Australia by GV and called a Rex-X. There's a number of Alu and Carbon hop-ups and the buggy is sold in 3 setups - RTR, RTR Deluxe (a few hopups including bigger cooling head) and a PRO which has no engine or electrics.

Personally, they seem to be excellent value for money. Mine cost AU$650 here in Australia, but they're at $495 right now. I think they have "specials" occasionally in the US where the RTR version comes in at US$299.

Cheers! Oggy.

p.s. have a look at Global Hobby's forums - there's a link on my site at http://rc.dyn.ro.
Ogier is offline   Reply With Quote