Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Edition 4x4 Slash Part # 6804

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by macrossplus
tire restrictions(to keep it affordable)
if your going to throw down $400 for a truck I hope you can afford to change the tires on it. Just my two cents
Old 12-10-2009, 06:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by y2kgtp
Why does everyone keep saying this will have a high COG? Check out the bottom of the chassis in comparison to the axles....

2WD Slash this is closer to 1.5" difference...

I think its because the design mimicks the 2wd a bit, so, people are thinking that it will handle like crap......
Old 12-10-2009, 06:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by interplanet
if your going to throw down $400 for a truck I hope you can afford to change the tires on it. Just my two cents
Yeah, run some Jconcepts on there or Calibers......But then again, has anyone used the softer tires yet?? It just came out(the tires, not the car!), so I havent seen anyone with it on the track, but my shop has sold about 6 sets so far.....
Old 12-10-2009, 07:07 PM
Tech Initiate

like i said, the price will change. they just needed to enter it at that price to get it into the system. ORDER YOUR TRUCKS!!
You are right, guess you are someone close to TH..?
Cancelled my RTR with and replace with the Platinum now, can't wait to get it.

Cheers!
Old 12-10-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Adept

on an unrelated note: what te heck is going on with this site?? Does it always take forever to post?? I thought it was my internet connection, but its not.....It takes FOREVER to post no matter what comp I use!? does anyone else have this issue?

Last edited by macrossplus; 12-11-2009 at 08:48 AM.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Traxxas has a big display at the PRI trade show in orlando,FL.today through sat.Just saw this truck looks great! I will be getting one now.Said they will be shipping in January.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Tech Adept

I think its because the design mimicks the 2wd a bit, so, people are thinking that it will handle like crap......

Since my point on CG with the SC10 was not clear I show you the Jammin SCRT10. This is the best shot of the closest competition to the Slash 4x4. Don't get me wrong I think this vehicle is a great buy and would be a blast to drive. I think the Velineon (11.5 equivelent) is not enough motor for racing but should be a good start.

My reference to the SC10 was not to say that the SC10 would be competitive but to state that I would have preferred that the Slash 4x4 have a lower chassis like the SC10. I have modified my Slash 2WD using the Ruslter chassis to try to get lower CG since I am competing with the SC10. The CG of the Slash 4x4 is much better than the Stock Slash 2wd for sure and the videos look pretty good. I am a racer so I prefer the SC8 now. The driveline, lower CG, and longer wheelbase will make a big difference at speed. The width is nearly the same between the SC8 and the Slash4x4, Ofna and Jammin products. We'll see as these products start to hit the tracks. These vehicles will be in the same class at the Short Course Nationals. The Slayer raced with the SC8 there so.....
Old 12-10-2009, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

the motor is equivalent to a 13.5, so why not have a spec class to start,
OH HELL NO!

Leave the "spec" in 2wd to die.

The 4WD class should be open!
Old 12-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Crawler
OH HELL NO!

Leave the "spec" in 2wd to die.

The 4WD class should be open!
AMEN!
Old 12-10-2009, 08:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i'd like to see an open 4wd class, for what its worth.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

again, who wants a $400 spec car?
Old 12-10-2009, 11:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

From what I remember, this Velineon motor was right on par with my Novak 5.5 vibe, and not a 10.5 or stock as some have said. This motor rips from what I remember.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:53 AM
CAK
Tech Adept

Location: Breaking the land speed record with my 4.5HV in Kingwood, TX
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stockslasher

Since my point on CG with the SC10 was not clear I show you the Jammin SCRT10. This is the best shot of the closest competition to the Slash 4x4. Don't get me wrong I think this vehicle is a great buy and would be a blast to drive. I think the Velineon (11.5 equivelent) is not enough motor for racing but should be a good start.

My reference to the SC10 was not to say that the SC10 would be competitive but to state that I would have preferred that the Slash 4x4 have a lower chassis like the SC10. I have modified my Slash 2WD using the Ruslter chassis to try to get lower CG since I am competing with the SC10. The CG of the Slash 4x4 is much better than the Stock Slash 2wd for sure and the videos look pretty good. I am a racer so I prefer the SC8 now. The driveline, lower CG, and longer wheelbase will make a big difference at speed. The width is nearly the same between the SC8 and the Slash4x4, Ofna and Jammin products. We'll see as these products start to hit the tracks. These vehicles will be in the same class at the Short Course Nationals. The Slayer raced with the SC8 there so.....
Now in that same picture of the Slash and Jammin, take a look at the drivetrain and electronics. In that picture of the jammin the electronics and drivetrain are high up on the chassis, in fact you can see the reciever is above the top of the tire by some distance. Now compare the drivetrain and electronics on the slash. Everything is below the height of the tire by some distance. Like I said...people are drawing comparisons to the Slash 2wd and it's just not the same.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:31 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

until it comes out we can all bench argue all we want. Lets just wait and see alright? I personally am more interested in people posting how to get the best price for one right now. I know every so often carolinasrc does a pretty good deal, so i have been watching them if they decide to order this.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:54 AM
Tech Regular

Pre-ordered one from my LHS. Don't have a "for sure" price yet.

I trust my LHS to not rip me off. Competitive with any online deals or pretty close. Not that everyone else should, but I like to support brick & mortar over online unless the price difference is ridiculous.

Support them, and they should support you. If not, then you go online and they go out of business.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.